These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

An idea for the typical carebear corporation

Author
rak lera
logg pogg
#1 - 2012-04-16 17:32:54 UTC
What do you think? Should I get an alt account and make a corporation and start recruiting with this post. This is not really recruiting so I thought this would fit in the General Discussion channel. If someone is stupid enough to think that this is serious let me tell you here that this is humor and in my honest opinion describes perfectly what is happening right now.
Quote:

Hello everyone

We are a newly started extreme carebear corporation called [We power own rocks] [POWN], who just loves to do nothing but industry-stuff and mining in high-end-hisec (0.9 and above). Right now we do not dare to go to 0.8 sec or lower since there are these nasty drones that really annoy your precious mining ships. As soon as we get a devoted Destroyer pilot we might consider moving to 0.8 sec since the ore amount is better. We also recruit industrial ship pilots for moving cargo from our current base system Perimeter to Jita for maximum profit! Counter-Canflippers are also urgently needed

Right now we have an Osprey and a trial-account that is going to train for an Orca, so we need more people with same level of mining skills. The only requirement is that you must be able to fit a mining laser in at least one of your ships (if you actually have more than one ship, lol). Our taxes are set at 10% so that for every rock that you sell the corporation can put into its ship replacement plan

The corporation is also looking for an alliance who could help with protecting us from canflippers and nasty war-deckers

Our plans for the future is to get enough members to actually have an Orca for mining profitable and for everyone to get just enough money to get a plex every month. Since the prices are currently really high, we should be getting enough money for a plex each month with about five hours of mining each day for every day of the month. If that doesn't sound exciting, think about it when we have our own industrial ship hauling the ores! According to my calculations it should then only take us four hours of mining each day for every day of the month to get enough money for buying a plex each month. But if everyone mines a bit more than four hours a day when we reach this exciting moneymaking-speed we could actually spend some extra money to buy an Orca, and then, my friends, the money will start pouring in

This is my special message to hisec pirate corporations
We are also looking forward to getting wardecced by corporations with less than 10 people in them. You should know though that wardecking us leads to us not mining and therefore also leads to higher mineral prices and higher prices on the ships that you use to wardeck us. So think about it, we are actually helping you, but what do we get in return, wardecks and canflippings.

Please do note that this recruitment text is just a compilation of all the thoughts that hisec miners have told me. The meaning of this is to show how the system really works (incase someone is actually stupid enough to not have known about this before). I'm a bit disappointed about the corporation name, and I'd need some better suggestions if you are kind enough to provide me with some :) .
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#2 - 2012-04-16 17:58:26 UTC
I think that sums it up pretty much, you have a winner there, they'll be applying in their droves.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-04-16 18:00:01 UTC
That corporation is the kind I would wardec in a heartbeat back in Meerkat Maner.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#4 - 2012-04-16 18:01:34 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
That corporation is the kind I would wardec in a heartbeat back in Meerkat Maner.

Thought it was Manor.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Commander Vilcian
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-04-16 18:02:00 UTC
rak lera wrote:
What do you think? Should I get an alt account and make a corporation and start recruiting with this post. This is not really recruiting so I thought this would fit in the General Discussion channel. If someone is stupid enough to think that this is serious let me tell you here that this is humor and in my honest opinion describes perfectly what is happening right now.
Quote:

Hello everyone

We are a newly started extreme carebear corporation called [We power own rocks] [POWN], who just loves to do nothing but industry-stuff and mining in high-end-hisec (0.9 and above). Right now we do not dare to go to 0.8 sec or lower since there are these nasty drones that really annoy your precious mining ships. As soon as we get a devoted Destroyer pilot we might consider moving to 0.8 sec since the ore amount is better. We also recruit industrial ship pilots for moving cargo from our current base system Perimeter to Jita for maximum profit! Counter-Canflippers are also urgently needed

Right now we have an Osprey and a trial-account that is going to train for an Orca, so we need more people with same level of mining skills. The only requirement is that you must be able to fit a mining laser in at least one of your ships (if you actually have more than one ship, lol). Our taxes are set at 10% so that for every rock that you sell the corporation can put into its ship replacement plan

The corporation is also looking for an alliance who could help with protecting us from canflippers and nasty war-deckers

Our plans for the future is to get enough members to actually have an Orca for mining profitable and for everyone to get just enough money to get a plex every month. Since the prices are currently really high, we should be getting enough money for a plex each month with about five hours of mining each day for every day of the month. If that doesn't sound exciting, think about it when we have our own industrial ship hauling the ores! According to my calculations it should then only take us four hours of mining each day for every day of the month to get enough money for buying a plex each month. But if everyone mines a bit more than four hours a day when we reach this exciting moneymaking-speed we could actually spend some extra money to buy an Orca, and then, my friends, the money will start pouring in

This is my special message to hisec pirate corporations
We are also looking forward to getting wardecced by corporations with less than 10 people in them. You should know though that wardecking us leads to us not mining and therefore also leads to higher mineral prices and higher prices on the ships that you use to wardeck us. So think about it, we are actually helping you, but what do we get in return, wardecks and canflippings.

Please do note that this recruitment text is just a compilation of all the thoughts that hisec miners have told me. The meaning of this is to show how the system really works (incase someone is actually stupid enough to not have known about this before). I'm a bit disappointed about the corporation name, and I'd need some better suggestions if you are kind enough to provide me with some :) .

Here are some good carebear names:

Industrial Miners Inc. [MINC]
Advanced Mining Co. [MINO]
The Mining Corp [RORD]
Dicken's Mineral Lab [DMAB]

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-04-16 18:03:01 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:

Thought it was Manor.

The show was Manor.
The corp was Maner.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#7 - 2012-04-16 18:18:27 UTC
I think those poor miners hurt you a lot in the passt.

Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-04-16 18:58:09 UTC
Good thread would read again.

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

Kairos Antilles
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-04-16 19:22:07 UTC
Where did the bad miner touch you?
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#10 - 2012-04-16 19:30:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
If the OP gets that raged over miners, then, hey....Might be time to dust off the ole' mining-Scythe again?

E: Re-reading Halda's Mining Guide naow.

Ni.

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-04-16 19:43:05 UTC
I think with that post you could get 100 members within one week. Don't forget to advertise 0% tax on bounties.
Mathias Hex
#12 - 2012-04-17 03:27:40 UTC
Sweet my trial account is 15 hours from flying a orca! Can i join pwease

I recall one night in a nightclub called the matrix, there I was... Mother of god there I am! Holy f**k.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-04-17 05:04:37 UTC
Kairos Antilles wrote:
Where did the bad miner touch you?

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd332/KwKiller/Eve%20Online%20Screenshots/Miners.jpg

I still have nightmares...

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Serene Repose
#14 - 2012-04-17 05:43:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
It might have a chance of working if it were in English....was...WAS in English.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#15 - 2012-04-17 07:49:14 UTC
Nice corp! Would join again!

(no mention of saving up to rent an office though)