These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

The Best Anti-Burn Jita Strategy

Author
Serene Repose
#1 - 2012-04-16 02:29:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
On the 27th pull out any ship you have there, unless you want to try to follow in local for grins. At any rate, don't undock anything on the 28th. If the only thing flying are Goon ships, they're gonna have a helluva time staring at each other, wondering why Mitt said this was such a great idea. Mitt, the mighty leader....burn Jita. Yeah, right.

The funny part will be with no targets, the Goons complaining in local...while their complaints are scrolled out of chat by Jita spam bots. They won't even be able to smack talk.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Nedes Betternaem
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-04-16 02:35:52 UTC

There will always be idiots in EvE and there is nothing you can do about it. Goonswarm will have targets, no doubt about that.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#3 - 2012-04-16 02:36:49 UTC
Serene, what is with your strange obsession with the Goons?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

namron 7
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-04-16 02:37:07 UTC
It will happen as

1. 95% of people who play this game would never dream of reading these forums
2. The 5% who do will be in Jita just to watch.

Thanks for the help

Serene Repose
#5 - 2012-04-16 02:37:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Nedes Betternaem wrote:

There will always be idiots in EvE and there is nothing you can do about it. Goonswarm will have targets, no doubt about that.

Well, I guess that'll be a funny part, too. What?

Lapine Davion wrote:
Serene, what is with your strange obsession with the Goons?

Stupidity irritates me.

EDIT: Okay, I won't be glib. It's not Goons. Goons and Jita just happen to be the "problem d'jour." The solution is obvious. I just have to have it said. I've also offered the obvious solution to Hulkageddon. Same thing with that. Why go to extremes when simplicity will suffice?

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-04-16 02:39:56 UTC
better to use highly tanked cheap ships to make goons waste their ships on you might lose money but they lose more
Diablo Ex
Nocturne Holdings
#7 - 2012-04-16 02:41:19 UTC
namron 7 wrote:
It will happen as

I know that I plan on being there, screen capture running, in a cloaky scout with a fresh bag of popcorn and a six pack of beer.
AFK Cloaking and enjoying the show.

Diablo Ex Machina - "I'm not here to fix your problem"

Lapine Davion
#8 - 2012-04-16 02:42:22 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:
better to use highly tanked cheap ships to make goons waste their ships on you might lose money but they lose more

What if they only target certain ships?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Serene Repose
#9 - 2012-04-16 02:45:39 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Herping yourDerp wrote:

They've already said they're only targeting freighters and haulers.

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-04-16 02:48:50 UTC
namron 7 wrote:
It will happen as

I have an alt there just for the lols

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#11 - 2012-04-16 02:49:20 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Serene Repose wrote:
On the 27th pull out any ship you have there, unless you want to try to follow in local for grins. At any rate, don't undock anything on the 28th. If the only thing flying are Goon ships, they're gonna have a helluva time staring at each other, wondering why Mitt said this was such a great idea. Mitt, the mighty leader....burn Jita. Yeah, right.

The funny part will be with no targets, the Goons complaining in local...while their complaints are scrolled out of chat by Jita spam bots. They won't even be able to smack talk.

Funny this is if people followed your suggestion & moved everything outtta Jita the goons would win by shutting down Jita.
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
T-B0NE
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-04-16 02:50:35 UTC
I can't wait to see all the fail retaliations and poorly organized carebear squads tripping over each other as they fall like sheep to the slaughter. People who probably couldn't pvp their way out a paper bag actin like they're gonna be the great white hope of Jita (lookin at you Butters).

JITA BEECHES GONNA BURN!

“Death and destruction are necessary to the health of the world, and therefore as natural, and lovable, as birth and life. Only priests and born cowards moan and weep over dying. Brave men face it with approving nonchalance." - Ragnar Redbeard

Lapine Davion
#13 - 2012-04-16 02:51:08 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
Herping yourDerp wrote:

Exactly, so this "highly tanked cheap ships" nonsense wouldn't work.

Why are you so against this happening, instead of getting highsec security to come fight them? It really in an incredible opportunity.

Or do you just want everyone to play nice in the sandbox and never try to hurt anyone else inside of it?

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-04-16 02:51:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Kengutsi Akira
Serene Repose wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
Herping yourDerp wrote:

cute; you believe them

funniest rumor Ive heard is that CCP will ban anyone that attacks Jita lol

Lapine Davion wrote:

Why are you so against getting highsec security to come fight them?

Quote:
Exactly, so this nonsense wouldn't work.

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Serene Repose
#15 - 2012-04-16 02:52:30 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:

fUNNY THING IS i people followed your suggestion & moved everything outtta Jita the goons would win by shutting down Jita.

Didn't say "MOVE EVERYTHING out of JITA" Said "don't undock". You can't shut down Jita. It's a physical impossibility (virtually speaking).

Serene Repose
#16 - 2012-04-16 02:54:58 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
cute; you believe them

I've said numerous times only fools believe a Goon. What I DO believe is, true to the definition of a sociopath, they're easily frustrated by no immediate reward, and get bored quickly. Our time honored response to these sorts of people is to wait them out. They wander off soon enough.

Lapine Davion
#17 - 2012-04-16 02:55:35 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

cute; you believe them

They've said they're only targeting freighters and haulers. Why would they waste their time on anything else?

Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#18 - 2012-04-16 02:55:54 UTC
namron 7 wrote:
It will happen as

I do read the forums, and I won't be in Jita. I'm the 0% Shocked

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

T-B0NE
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-04-16 02:56:23 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Our time honored response to these sorts of people is to wait them out. They wander off soon enough.
lol you really think that's gonna work in THIS game, with THAT crew?

“Death and destruction are necessary to the health of the world, and therefore as natural, and lovable, as birth and life. Only priests and born cowards moan and weep over dying. Brave men face it with approving nonchalance." - Ragnar Redbeard

Lapine Davion
#20 - 2012-04-16 02:56:56 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:
cute; you believe them

I've said numerous times only fools believe a Goon. What I DO believe is, true to the definition of a sociopath, they're easily frustrated by no immediate reward, and get bored quickly. Our time honored response to these sorts of people is to wait them out. They wander off soon enough.

Wow, just kind of throwing out the hard diagnoses there, huh? I'm fairly certain (though not 100%) that I am not a sociopath. I just play one on the internet.

123Next pageLast page