These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Is the Legion getting any love for Inferno?

Author
Matrix Operator
#1 - 2012-04-16 01:29:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Matrix Operator
Haven't seen any specific mention of this in the Dev blogs, but I was wondering if anyone has seen any mention of the Legion getting any love for Inferno.

Its such a gimped ship that it pales in comparison with the other T3 hulls for any of the same task. Sad
Alexa Coates
Coalition Of Misfits
#2 - 2012-04-16 01:54:42 UTC
if it isn't mentioned then why would it be. use some common sense.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Rayonar
Apotheosis.
#3 - 2012-04-16 02:13:47 UTC
They said in the Ship Balancing panel that all Strategics were being looked at.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#4 - 2012-04-16 02:31:18 UTC
legion is fine. tengu should be adjusted to match the other t3s.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Rayonar
Apotheosis.
#5 - 2012-04-16 04:25:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Rayonar
Bienator II wrote:

The Cov Ops and Drone Subsystems would like a word with you.

Oh and the Neut Subsystem too.
Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-04-16 04:54:05 UTC
Rayonar wrote:
Bienator II wrote:

dude...the neut subsytem is the only good thing about the legion....

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#7 - 2012-04-16 04:56:21 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Rayonar wrote:
Bienator II wrote:

dude...the neut subsytem is the only good thing about the legion....

Exactly...

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-04-16 04:58:32 UTC
Rayonar wrote:

So, you want Legion to be better at neuting than Curse?

But I agree that drone subsystem could be better.
Goran Konjich
Krompany
#9 - 2012-04-16 07:21:48 UTC
can someone explain please why is Tengu best T3 out there ? i mean they all 4 should be the same or really close to same, isn't it ?

im asking because im trying to train for proteus.

thank you very much in advance

I'm a diplomat. Sometimes i throw 425mm wide briefcases at enemy. Such is EVE.

DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
#10 - 2012-04-16 07:40:42 UTC
CCP view the Legion as improperly balanced, compared to the other T3s.
Same with the Proteus.

This was part of the ship-balancing panel at fanfest.
When they work on it, nobody knows.
Rayonar
Apotheosis.
#11 - 2012-04-16 15:48:53 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Rayonar wrote:

So, you want Legion to be better at neuting than Curse?

But I agree that drone subsystem could be better.

I would prefer it if it had even a light range bonus.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#12 - 2012-04-16 15:58:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
Goran Konjich wrote:
can someone explain please why is Tengu best T3 out there ? i mean they all 4 should be the same or really close to same, isn't it ?

because of:
range, dps, tank, passive fitt option, no obvious weaknesses compared to the other t3s

in other words: once you have a tengu you can do almost everything in game, from lvl4 farming, lvl5 soloing, pvp, exploration, WH, support etc.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-04-16 16:12:01 UTC
Bienator II wrote:

Legion is not fine and all T3's should match Tengu. You fail to explain why the only balanced T3 would need nerf but since CCP and balance, logic and do things right are unknown words you are probably right and Tengu is about to become another useless bunch of pixels.

@OP -ships should probably be "rebalanced" after Tiers changes aka CCP style, so just keep training projectiles and minmatar ships and you can't go wrong.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-04-16 16:18:38 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
Goran Konjich wrote:

because of:
range, dps, tank, passive fitt option, no obvious weaknesses compared to the other t3s

in other words: once you have a tengu you can do almost everything in game, from lvl4 farming, lvl5 soloing, pvp, exploration, WH, support etc.

And your problem with the only balanced T3 ship is?-most balanced usually using fits that bring the whole setup for over 2B easily.
I was expecting you to rather figure out how all other T3's lack of versatility they're supposed to represent.

If there's some problem with T3's it's not Tengu, except maybe CCP fail to fix ship size modules (100mn AB) but let me get your attention to this simple fact: all T3's can use 100MN AB's.

Then once again if the ship has such versatility in terms of engagement distance it's maybe because once again CCP failed with HAM's and HM's stats?

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#15 - 2012-04-16 17:32:47 UTC
Legion is the absolute #1 money maker in hisec right now hands down.

All these bitching about incursion threads are one thing, but when you add to it a "Buff legion" thread, it really shows how apathetic this community can be.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-04-16 17:39:32 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:

All these bitching about incursion threads are one thing, but when you add to it a "Buff legion" thread, it really shows how apathetic this community can be.

And how apathetic some people shooting a specific dmg profile rat think Legion is awesome? Lol

It's not the worst for sure, but in versatility terms it's not either the closest to Tengu, this rank is Loki's one and sooner the top one once all matar nerds get Tengu nerf. Hurray, game balance will get another tombstone in that specific day.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#17 - 2012-04-16 18:57:42 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Bienator II wrote:
Goran Konjich wrote:

because of:

And your problem with the only balanced T3 ship is?-most balanced usually using fits that bring the whole setup for over 2B easily.
I was expecting you to rather figure out how all other T3's lack of versatility they're supposed to represent.

If there's some problem with T3's it's not Tengu, except maybe CCP fail to fix ship size modules (100mn AB) but let me get your attention to this simple fact: all T3's can use 100MN AB's.

Then once again if the ship has such versatility in terms of engagement distance it's maybe because once again CCP failed with HAM's and HM's stats?

well i didn't say missiles are not a problem. It is not a single attribute it is the combination of several what makes the tengu so popular.

Matrix Operator
#18 - 2012-04-16 19:09:28 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
well i didn't say missiles are not a problem. It is not a single attribute it is the combination of several what makes the tengu so popular.

In a nutsell, its the ability to maneuver wildly, stay at range, and still hit for full damage each shot all simultaneously. No?
Matrix Operator
#19 - 2012-04-16 19:15:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Matrix Operator
Cipher Jones wrote:

Isn't that more of a consequence of how Vanguard NCOs have been made, rather than good of the Legion itself. NCOs are basically NPC frigate hoards. If CCP decided to introduce a BS or two into the NCO mix then the Legion productivity drops like a stone.

Doesn't say anything about the status of the Legion when compared to the other T3s.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#20 - 2012-04-16 19:19:48 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:

I'm not sure I understand you properly. You think the Tengu is fine and projectiles are OP? Shocked

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

123Next pageLast page