These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Where are the Joves ?

Author
Namk Lawynos
Black Sun Nation
#1 - 2011-09-28 14:00:16 UTC
self explain post...
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#2 - 2011-09-28 14:06:57 UTC
They went back in time into another galaxy where they became a emergent hive conciousness and went to sleep until the terran super weapon was used and the isogen fuel blown up that activated the wormholes where capsuleers swarmed in and disturbed their sleep all the while the Sansha found a way into the Jove region and were ransacking the abandoned Jove tech.

Right now they are in the progress of waking up again, gaining their bearings and are about to kick Sansha ass being all grumpy and woken up on the wrong foot, then they'll close the wormholes and the Jove region again and we can finally go back to factional warfare with w-space and incursions gone.
Mr LaForge
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-09-28 14:19:11 UTC
Jove=CCP. Duh

Stuff Goes here

RaTTuS
BIG
#4 - 2011-09-28 14:26:02 UTC
Last one scattered himself over everyone's hanger .. I still have a bit

http://eveboard.com/ub/419190933-134.png http://i.imgur.com/kYLoKrM.png

Namk Lawynos
Black Sun Nation
#5 - 2011-09-28 14:28:45 UTC
Mr LaForge wrote:
Jove=CCP. Duh

i know but not even the GMs looks like Joves now... where are the old Joves GMs ?
Myxx
The Scope
#6 - 2011-09-28 14:36:47 UTC
Othran
Route One
#7 - 2011-09-28 14:48:44 UTC
They unsubbed en masse when Incarna came out.
Namk Lawynos
Black Sun Nation
#8 - 2011-09-28 14:52:40 UTC
Othran wrote:
They unsubbed en masse when Incarna came out.

makes sense
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#9 - 2011-09-28 14:58:39 UTC
My ongoing theory is that the Jove Empire is CCP’s golden parachute for when EvE runs dry creatively and the real signs of “end times” are on the table – when the chips are down and a MAJOR expansion is needed to reboot-revive the game, they can add a new playable race, new ships, etc, and entice everyone back in again. I wouldn’t expect this to happen anytime soon, obviously they’ve got way too much else on their plate at the moment. But I’m sure the Jove space, jove ships, jove tech, its all there just to create mystery and tease the community for years, only to be unveiled when Eve needs its “final” awesome injection. I consider it their “break glass in case of emergency” content, and it wouldn't surprise me if internally the company does too. :)

As to WHERE they are, the Jove systems exist in-game on Tranquility, but there are no jumpgates that lead there, its effectively blocked off. Every now and than though, someone finds a glitch and sneaks in, and its always newsworthy when they do. The result is always the same - the GM's yank em out quick!

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Ingvar Engst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#10 - 2011-09-28 15:42:21 UTC
They've hired Vogon mercenaries to create a system of interstellar super-highways prior to emerging from their space again. They like to travel in style.

WTB: Towel BPO.
Mirima Thurander
#11 - 2011-09-28 16:33:18 UTC
I am a joven.

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Stonecrusher Mortlock
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-09-28 16:34:16 UTC
I to am a Joven.
BLACK-STAR
#13 - 2011-09-28 16:52:11 UTC
When the Jove developed their CQ, little did they know entering a room to walk in circles alone for eternity weighed heavy on their fragile mentality, and mass suicidal depression broke out crippling the empire.

Pierced Brosmen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-09-28 16:59:03 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:
When the Jove developed their CQ...

They put their greatest minds into finding the best technical solution to get into the quarters as fast and efficient as possible, with minimal lost time...

Problem was, they were so focused on this that they completely forgot to make a solution for getting out again... End result being that they built new quarters in all of their stations, and the few Jovians who were still out and about (not dead or dying from the Jovian decease), rushed to check them out, and are now forever trapped inside
Namk Lawynos
Black Sun Nation
#15 - 2011-09-28 17:17:38 UTC
i think that there isnt any jove with new portrait
Thgil Goldcore
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2011-09-28 18:03:07 UTC
If the jove are everywere watching and controling everyone else like puppets. We may not see them but they cirtainly see us and watch us.

Considering how scary and badass they are made out to be in lore, when we do see them come to the light it will be dark times indeed.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#17 - 2011-09-28 18:06:45 UTC
8+ years and still waiting for them...SighSad
matarkhan
ConHugeCo
Rusty Stargazers
#18 - 2011-09-28 20:31:13 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
My ongoing theory is that the Jove Empire is CCP’s golden parachute for when EvE runs dry creatively and the real signs of “end times” are on the table – when the chips are down and a MAJOR expansion is needed to reboot-revive the game, they can add a new playable race, new ships, etc, and entice everyone back in again.

So you expect them to Jove the shark?
Sekhen
Majestic-5
#19 - 2011-09-28 20:44:37 UTC
They are at their respective home station, baking cookies and cakes...

But the cake is a lie!
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#20 - 2011-09-28 20:52:57 UTC
There were lots around until until Chuck '**** you Jove' Norris was brought in to handle the situation. He briefly glanced in their general direction and they all hopped in their ships and took off, never to be seen again.

Mr Epeen Cool
12Next page