These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE IS EASY! ........just not on your wallet :(

First post
Author
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#21 - 2012-04-14 10:05:47 UTC
Are these eveiseasy.com people even allowed to do what they're doing? I haven't gone too far into it, but it sounds to me like they're making money off of CCP's intellectual property.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-04-14 10:26:11 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
Are these eveiseasy.com people even allowed to do what they're doing? I haven't gone too far into it, but it sounds to me like they're making money off of CCP's intellectual property.

They're making a guide with it. Their words, their instruction, their abilities, their intellectual property

Hello, hello again.

Raziel Saston
Deviance Cartel
#23 - 2012-04-14 10:26:50 UTC
It all feels a bit like a JML advert

Murphy asked Paddy "What ringtone have you got ?" Paddy said, "I've never really looked, but probably light brown."

james1122
Perimeter Trade and Distribution Inc
#24 - 2012-04-14 10:45:11 UTC
Videos were really good, pricing is horrific. I'm never going to pay more for a guide than what the game itself costs. I think the most I would have been willing to pay is $5 a month.

seany1212
M Y S T
#25 - 2012-04-14 11:21:44 UTC
The funny thing is that while they portray eve as being easy what they're doing isn't easily replicated by any casual eve player, firstly needing a gang booster maxed out to the eyeballs with a T3 that's difficult to probe, ships with deadspace mods and billion isk implants. Granted it is possible, just not as clean cut as they make out.

The price itself is ridiculous and as others have stated there are thousands of other videos available for free on youtube and eve-files that will give you just as much instruction. Roll
velox
Silver Guardians
#26 - 2012-04-14 11:49:23 UTC
I figured out the problem... They are pvpers not traders. What they needed was a trader with 'smarts V' as he would have told them that 2000 people at 5 bucks a month is better than 50 at 20. Shocked
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#27 - 2012-04-14 11:55:06 UTC
Yeah this doesn't make sense on the price point. I'm not saying that because I want it but can't afford it, I can.

I am also immediately turned off by the front page advert. It's a ridiculously long infomercial in essence and one that just makes me feel like I'm being scammed once I see the price.

The content is obviously going to be great if it stays at the same level as what I've already seen and earning money off that is no bad thing and would be justly deserved considering the work put in.

Can't help thinking the balls been dropped on the marketing and business model to monetize that content.
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#28 - 2012-04-14 12:33:41 UTC
I found their videos entertaining, but I wasn't planning to pay $19 a month... that being said, I think there is a lot of eve "newbies" out there who could benefit from their videos! what it really teaches you, is that you don't need a blob to fight a blob :) often you just need kiting abilities (and maybe a loki booster)

All in all, the videos I seen so far have been decent at teaching newbies different ways to become better, what it really is about is... just undock and start pvp'ing

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Luba Cibre
Global Song Setup
#29 - 2012-04-14 12:44:45 UTC
19$ is just too much for the technical quality of the videos.
Really loud (white)noise in background, some videos are not in 16:9, the 720p/1080p option looks silly etc.

The content is ok to good, but not worth the 19$.

"Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise." 

Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-04-14 12:53:22 UTC
T-B0NE wrote:
Peter Raptor wrote:
$19 per month or $200 lifetime, it'd be cheaper to learn trial and error Cool
I heard WoW went F2P, just sayin.
Tanks is F2P and those guys are raking in the cash, putting out new content and running a web site where the news isn't buried / difficult to locate.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

J Kunjeh
#31 - 2012-04-14 13:01:59 UTC
Andrea Roche wrote:
They are crazy. I wouldnt even pay half! They are nutz. They obviously do not know that there is a world economic issue. Its really appoling.

Your English, it's appoling.

"The world as we know it came about through an anomaly (anomou)" (The Gospel of Philip, 1-5) 

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#32 - 2012-04-14 13:03:12 UTC
seany1212 wrote:
The funny thing is that while they portray eve as being easy what they're doing isn't easily replicated by any casual eve player, firstly needing a gang booster maxed out to the eyeballs with a T3 that's difficult to probe, ships with deadspace mods and billion isk implants. Granted it is possible, just not as clean cut as they make out.

The price itself is ridiculous and as others have stated there are thousands of other videos available for free on youtube and eve-files that will give you just as much instruction. Roll

Exactly, of course EVE is easy if you have all those advantages, screw paying money for that when you can see people demonstrating pvp for the players who don't have all that on youtube.

Sorry, the business model won't hold water for long I don't think.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Joran Dravius
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-04-14 13:20:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Joran Dravius
Wait, let me get this straight. They're charging $19 a month for video guides? Thousands of people all over the internet provide those for free. They're also charging more than an alt costs, which would do you more good for less money. You'd also get more benefit out of of selling a plex and using it to buy and fit 500 rifters. They're charging a massive price for a worthless service. I might pay like $3 a month, but they would have to be the best videos ever made.

Degren wrote:
Meryl SinGarda wrote:

They're making a guide with it. Their words, their instruction, their abilities, their intellectual property

Falls under fair use. You're allowed to use part of a work for education, reviews and several other things. At least in the USA. Not sure how it works in Iceland. Wikipedia article about fair use.
Presidente Gallente
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#34 - 2012-04-14 13:54:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Presidente Gallente
They seem to know much about PvP but not much about the EVE community. Paying more for 4 vids sharing their PvP skills, knowledge and fun than for the whole game? Sorry, but this feels more like a scam than a good deal. All people I know ingame now for six years help each other without any profit. That brings the fun ingame. EVE is a game. EVE is work. But playing EVE should not be a profession. O.K., if they find many people paying for this it's totally O.K. Congrats. But I doubt it.

My RL money just goes to CCP. Noone else. And that's enough. Some EVE IS EASY stuff is not a real secret, but very nice to watch and ofc it can boost PvP in EVE. I enjoyed all videos so far and thought it's cool stuff. Thanks to Garmon and fellows for the time, actual videos and a great idea (ruined atm). We can probably talk about an realistic ISK fee but RL money? NO!

I would convert $199 in 5.8 bil ISK and fly 50 Talos for my personal PvP bootcamp to gain experience and working out tactics. That's more worth than enjoying the leet skills of other players and try to adapt a bit of this for $19 per months.

Everyone must be aware of the crap "I want it all for free" attitude these days. I don't support it but that's a world wide web fact 2000. And you need to find a clever and better way to get around this to fish the money from the internet people. What is for instance proven by app lottery winners like the programmer of Minecraft. That's content people are willing to pay (blindly) for. But also here I denied to buy his alpha app for EUR 5.49 in the app store because obviously a EUR 80 mil winner is starting to get greedy.
Memrox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-04-14 14:25:08 UTC
Thinking about, $20 a month and the enticing 25bil lottery at the very start for 100 subs. So $2000 is what they are aiming for. Seriously smells like a scam and a RMT one at that.

And Presidente Gallente is 100% right, you help plp ingame for fun not for PROFIT.
Katarina Reid
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-04-14 14:26:16 UTC
$199 life sub to get in a vangel lotto. RMT is easy.
Kouran Alcides
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-04-14 15:11:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Kouran Alcides
This is so Special on so many levels, there isnt many people in eve that are "Good pvp'ers" that are willing to help new players to the game which lets face it we all need the new people to the game but who in there right might is going to pay for the game and $19 on top of that a month or $199 to get better at internet spaceships!!

There is many ways that Genos could have gone about this such as advertising or Donations which actually does bring in more then most people realize.

To sum it all up it seemed that garmon was not being a troll for once and actually doing some good in eve and might have even helped an amazing game get more people over the hard"ish" learning curve which would benefit all who plays but no they are trying to get us all to line there pockets so they can play games all day.

Much props to people out there that do these videos to show skill and want to legitimately want to help.
Kouran Alcides
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-04-14 15:11:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Kouran Alcides
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#39 - 2012-04-14 15:25:13 UTC
I was going to join expecting something like 100m/month or something, this is just silly

Someone link the torrents here once they are up. kthxbai
Memrox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2012-04-14 15:32:23 UTC
Kouran Alcides wrote:
To sum it all up it seemed that garmon was not being a troll .

Garmon get your alts off the thread.

Eve Is Troll. New name for your scam.