These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Anyone else noticed that you can't see new posts to your thread?

Author
Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-04-13 12:54:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternum Praetorian
The forum tells me that someone posted to my thread, and yet I cannot see it after refreshing several times. I seem to have to post again in order to see the other person's post.

I would like to now generally discuss how these forums are still among the worst in the gaming world, and a "Save function" is not the same as fixing URL links, allowing us to have more interesting fonts and preventing the "unable to parcel whatever BBC code" from occurring.

When the escalation begins...
Will we also get a Tier 3 forum Devs?

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-04-13 12:59:19 UTC
Forum notifications don't seem to be working. They function correctly, however, on your profile page.
https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/
Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#3 - 2012-04-13 13:00:15 UTC
Click "Home" and then the notifications will show up.
Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-04-13 13:03:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternum Praetorian
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
Click "Home" and then the notifications will show up.

I mean that, I get the notifications but then I cannot see the actual post to the thread after multiple refreshings of the page. Unless, ofc, I make another post. Like right now I can see ElQuirko telling CCP to sort their **** out, but only after I posted this. I saw the notification, but I could not see ElQuirko's post until I made a new one, and somehow my post slipped in above his.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-04-13 13:03:43 UTC
Yeah, after a two-week period dry spell of no notifications I've just been told I have two hundred. Sort your shite out, CCP!

Dodixie > Hek

Arkon Olacar
black.listed
#6 - 2012-04-13 13:10:19 UTC
I have been receiving notifications for the last two weeks, and mails. Yet for some reason CCP have decided that I need to reread them all this morning.
malaire
#7 - 2012-04-13 13:13:30 UTC
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
The forum tells me that someone posted to my thread, and yet I cannot see it after refreshing several times. I seem to have to post again in order to see the other person's post.

When I get that, I allways see message after I wait few minutes and then refresh. Seems to be caching problem.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Whitehound
#8 - 2012-04-13 13:15:21 UTC
It is a minor technicality, which only disturbs the suckers. If you have something to say then you do not bother about it. This is how life is. Twisted

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-04-13 13:17:40 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
It is a minor technicality, which only disturbs the suckers. If you have something to say then you do not bother about it. This is how life is. Twisted

I could say the something about empire, hulks and ganking now can't I? LolLol
don't be so angry, your bearded toon is beginning to look senile.

Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-04-13 13:36:40 UTC
try Ctrl+F5 when you know that there should be a new post
Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-04-13 13:38:13 UTC
Florestan Bronstein wrote:
try Ctrl+F5 when you know that there should be a new post

I will give that a shot thx

Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#12 - 2012-04-13 13:46:50 UTC
The buttons for mail and forum posts also does not seem to work properly all the time anymore as well. Ever since the forums went down earlier this week.

"The game is mostly played by men - 97%. But 40% of them play as women... so thats fine."  - CCP t0rfifrans 

Hired Assasin
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-04-13 13:48:16 UTC
yeah i have noticed getting notifications of someone posting in your thread but it not appearing, my guess is they are using caching to help improve the performance of the forums, so the new post wont pop up for a little while.

Teamspeak 3 with API and Web Interface Hosting with Member Rewards!! : http://alturl.com/asde8 Catch me on EVE Gate, im allmost always on it!

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-04-13 13:50:00 UTC
Notifications were not working for me yesterday but seem to be fine now. I was also noticing a delay in posts showing on threads. While on the forum page it would say that someone was the last poster to that thread it would not show that post for a couple of minutes. Seems to be much better today though.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#15 - 2012-04-13 13:52:06 UTC
The noitifcations are working again but the forum itself is lagging behind.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Serene Repose
#16 - 2012-04-14 04:08:05 UTC
If you use a link generated by a Google search, it has a lot of symbols in it the board doesn't like. If you bookmark the page, then link the URL of the bookmark? Anyway...it likes the actual page URL not the referral gibberish Google feels is necessary so we all know Google sent us there.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Serene Repose
#17 - 2012-04-16 03:34:00 UTC
I'm having to spam the refresh several times.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.