These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Container log api

Author
Gaskbar
New Age Solutions
#1 - 2011-09-27 01:39:34 UTC
Did a search for "container log" but got zero posts... Find that hard to believe but ok :)

I seem to find little to no documentation on the limitations of this api. I am looking for a resource that says who can access it and what is needed in order to do so. At this point I am making guesses without proper testing material (like a character that is a director).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Dragonaire
Here there be Dragons
#2 - 2011-09-27 05:41:25 UTC
You already stated the most important thing is you need to be a director or CEO to access it. From what I've seen it only seems to tell you about changes to the access settings on the container not anything about what is put into or taken from the containers so it's not as useful as you might hope IMHO anyway.

Finds camping stations from the inside much easier. Designer of Yapeal for the Eve API. Check out the Yapeal PHP API Library thread.

Gaskbar
New Age Solutions
#3 - 2011-09-27 15:30:03 UTC
Dragonaire wrote:
You already stated the most important thing is you need to be a director or CEO to access it. From what I've seen it only seems to tell you about changes to the access settings on the container not anything about what is put into or taken from the containers so it's not as useful as you might hope IMHO anyway.

Thank you for the reply. What is the point of a corp created keyid and vcode then? I thought the point of it was specifically for this type of use.
Callean Drevus
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-09-27 16:57:38 UTC
Gaskbar wrote:
Dragonaire wrote:

Thank you for the reply. What is the point of a corp created keyid and vcode then? I thought the point of it was specifically for this type of use.

The key can onlu be created by the Director or CEO anyway Blink

But that sadly does not change the contents of the result :P

Developer/Creator of EVE Marketeer

Gaskbar
New Age Solutions
#5 - 2011-09-27 17:20:26 UTC
Callean Drevus wrote:
Gaskbar wrote:
Dragonaire wrote:

The key can onlu be created by the Director or CEO anyway Blink

But that sadly does not change the contents of the result :P

That is correct. My director created a key for me to use, I would think this was the intended purpose of this new key type.

I filed a petition to find out what I am doing wrong or even if there just may be an issue with this api.

Dragonaire
Here there be Dragons
#6 - 2011-09-28 04:17:19 UTC
It seems to be working for me anyway as I have results in my DB table from Yapeal.

Finds camping stations from the inside much easier. Designer of Yapeal for the Eve API. Check out the Yapeal PHP API Library thread.

Gaskbar
New Age Solutions
#7 - 2011-09-28 18:04:50 UTC
CCP has answered! So apparently the wiki was wrong as it said Huge and Giant secure containers had audit logs. Only containers with the word "audit" in it basically have that capability. I updated the eve-wiki page to have the correct information about containers.

http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Cargo_Containers#Container_Roundup

Thanks everyone!

GM Karidor Sent - 9/28/2011 5:49:00 PM Please keep in mind that there is a difference between "Secure Containers" and "Audit Log Secure Containers", with only the latter ones offering audit logs on container activities. Why eve-wiki.com states that Giant Secure Containers offer Audit logs despite that not being the case is something that we are not able to answer, as this site is not maintained by us.

In general, only the containers with "Audit Log" or "Station" in their name will offer an audit log.

Best Regards
Senior GM Karidor
EVE Online Customer Support

[email protected] Sent - 9/28/2011 1:31:00 PM http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Cargo_Containers

Says they do? Do you have documentation to support this for future reference?

[email protected] Sent - 9/28/2011 1:27:00 PM http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Cargo_Containers

Says they do? Do you have documentation to support this for future reference?

GM Karidor Sent - 9/27/2011 11:05:00 PM Hello.

Secure containers do not log activities on them, this is only the case for Audit Log Containers as well as the various station contianers.

Best Regards
Senior GM Karidor
EVE Online Customer Support
Gaskbar
New Age Solutions
#8 - 2011-10-01 02:33:16 UTC
Well after tinkering with audit log containers I received another reply from ccp stating that audit log containers are not included with the container log api's. :(

I have created a thread in features & ideas asking that something be made available for tracking loot with external software.

Here is the thread if anyone reading this would like to support this request:
Container log api
Dragonaire
Here there be Dragons
#9 - 2011-10-01 03:39:51 UTC
I think if you look you'll find that the containers and their contents is listed in the AssetList API as I've noticed one in my own corp that were stuck out by POS etc before in it. Personal ones in the char version as well.