These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PROBES FIX IT DAMNIT

Author
tomato1
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-04-12 02:57:53 UTC  |  Edited by: tomato1
theres a problem with probes i have found for while some bug that sometimes happens and no, its not my miss use of shift or alt or anything.

issue: i set up my probes at what ever range there all same range, everythings peachy but when i hit scan all of them exept one go up one range, whats really irritating about this is if your pvping trying to scan someone and you have to scan again cause your probes are disfunctional it waste time, further more theres a skill to reduce scan time on probes. In other words this stupid bug makes that skill point less now doesnt it
Grant Wyberious
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-04-12 03:01:00 UTC
Working as intended.
WakeTurbulence
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-04-12 04:47:30 UTC
I have noticed this behavior as well. If you look carefully after you resize your probe scan range you can see that even though the sphere graphic is showing the range you want the actual numerical value shown remains at the last setting for a moment as each probe changes it's range one by one to the new setting over about 2-3 seconds.

I find if you wait that extra second or two before you hit scan again the issues doesn't present itself. I noticed they started doing this after a recent patch. Don't remember which one though

Serene Repose
#4 - 2012-04-12 05:09:21 UTC
Who has time to wait an extra second with that hot, PvP breath fogging up your neck???

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

tomato1
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-04-12 07:04:51 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Who has time to wait an extra second with that hot, PvP breath fogging up your neck???

omg i do not know this artist! hes dope! thx listening to it now ;) i shall enjoy it while munchin on nubs