These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Fit project: - pyfa 1.1.7 (Inferno 1.0)

First post
Author
Project Molcos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#381 - 2012-04-04 09:05:41 UTC
Okay so i've downloaded pyfa and i'm running it on Mac OSX (i know, shoot me now) It seems to work brilliantly so far.
Only issue i am having at the moment is when i put a ship together - for example a harby - the ehp is at least 10k over that of the actual fit. Is this an API issue? Any idea if there is a way to remedy this?
Kaikka Carel
Ziea
#382 - 2012-04-10 14:51:37 UTC
I think I'll bump it.
Peri Simone
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#383 - 2012-04-11 19:48:20 UTC
Dana Gilmour wrote:
Might be a known problem, but I couldn't find a relevant answer: when I try to import XML files (exported from EFT or from EVE fitting screen ingame, doesn't matter), nothing seem to happen. No error message, just that the fit doesn't appear in any tab.

Haven't had any problem of importing those fits both in EFT or ingame.

Had same problem, downloaded current version (1.1.5), now working fine.
Kadesh Priestess
DEMONS OF THE HIDDEN MIST
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#384 - 2012-04-11 20:01:29 UTC
Project Molcos wrote:
Okay so i've downloaded pyfa and i'm running it on Mac OSX (i know, shoot me now) It seems to work brilliantly so far.
Only issue i am having at the moment is when i put a ship together - for example a harby - the ehp is at least 10k over that of the actual fit. Is this an API issue? Any idea if there is a way to remedy this?
Ingame EHP iis calculated vs each layer's weakest resistance, while pyfa's EHP is calculated vs selected damage pattern. Usually it results in higher EHP when compared to ingame fitting screen.
FootyMD
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#385 - 2012-04-12 08:55:50 UTC

HI,

First, great tool!

Secondly, i cant add my api key, getting auth failed. This was used with a custom and pre gen key. Any help?
Torak Dakos
The Reckless Masquerade
#386 - 2012-04-13 09:19:00 UTC
haven't been able to acces your site for days, whats going on, really frusterating that it's the only place to download from when its unstable.
Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#387 - 2012-04-13 10:36:07 UTC
Torak Dakos wrote:
haven't been able to acces your site for days, whats going on, really frusterating that it's the only place to download from when its unstable.
It's up at the moment.

We're using host provided by ESC (it means that eve-kill and several other services share host) - i can't say it has 100% uptime, but still it's decent.
Renier Gaden
Immortal Guides
#388 - 2012-04-19 09:50:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Renier Gaden
I just downloaded it. I am running it on a Mac. I am having trouble figuring out how to remove an item from a fit to switch it out with something else. Is there any documentation for this?

Also, how do I import or link my Characters into it, to factor his skills into the equation?
Gheyna
Hoover Inc.
#389 - 2012-04-20 11:15:15 UTC
nice tool, is it possible to put mods offline (not just unactive)? also to show how much cap is being recharged with cap rechargers, power relays and power diagnostics?
Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#390 - 2012-04-20 11:24:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
Renier Gaden wrote:
I just downloaded it. I am running it on a Mac. I am having trouble figuring out how to remove an item from a fit to switch it out with something else. Is there any documentation for this?
Yea, some basic documentation is something which we'll add next release. You can remove modules by double-clicking them.

Renier Gaden wrote:
Also, how do I import or link my Characters into it, to factor his skills into the equation?
Skills are imported via EVE API, in character editor.

Gheyna wrote:
nice tool, is it possible to put mods offline (not just unactive)?
ctrl + click on state

Gheyna wrote:
also to show how much cap is being recharged with cap rechargers, power relays and power diagnostics?
Cap rechargers don't give you cap, they decrease cap recharge time, these 2 are completely different things. Problem arises wheen you use multiple cap mods, let's say you have ship with recharge rate 100 GJ/s, you add 50% cap recharger, it becomes 200 GJ/s, then yet another 50% cap recharger - it's pushed up to 400 GJ/s.

If we show +100 or +200 on both, it will be just misleading data (100 + 100x2 or 100+200x2 doesn't equal to real peak cap regen). Showing +100 on one and +200 on another is more actual, but then it's misleading again - because it will make people to think that one is 2 times better than other; plus, this way we have to order them somehow (between each other & other mods / skills) which will provide yet another level of inconsistency and confusion.

I'm inclined to not include such info field at all.
Peter Strasser
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#391 - 2012-04-24 17:00:37 UTC
Absolutely brilliant!

Mac users everywhere salute you. To whom do I send isk?
Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#392 - 2012-04-24 18:04:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
New release, 1.1.6.

Windows: installer, archive
Mac: dmg, archive
Source: archive

• Updated database to Escalation to Inferno (titan turret changes and minor balance tweaks).

---

Peter Strasser wrote:
Absolutely brilliant!

Mac users everywhere salute you. To whom do I send isk?
Ugh, i guess you can send them me and i'll distribute it evenly across team members who actually play eve :)
Karash Amerius
The Seven Shadows
Scotch And Tea.
#393 - 2012-04-24 18:21:42 UTC
Just a FYI, but evefit.org has been blacklisted by Malwarebytes for malicious software. Probably a false positive, just letting you know.

Karash Amerius Operative, Sutoka

Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#394 - 2012-04-24 18:26:27 UTC
Karash Amerius wrote:
Just a FYI, but evefit.org has been blacklisted by Malwarebytes for malicious software. Probably a false positive, just letting you know.
Most likely because wiki is filled with spam by spambots. We really cba to clean it, as it will be superceded in few weeks by new one.

The files you download are clean, we check them at virustotal.com + code is still open so you can check.

I'm not dealing with web stuff myself, but pinged right guys so they'll check exact reason why we were blacklisted.
Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#395 - 2012-04-24 18:30:01 UTC
Karash Amerius wrote:

Hey there,

Is it an IP block or domain block ?

I'll contact the malwarebytes guys but I need more info
Karash Amerius
The Seven Shadows
Scotch And Tea.
#396 - 2012-04-24 19:43:12 UTC
Sakari Orisi wrote:
Karash Amerius wrote:

Hey there,

2012/04/24 11:22:00 -0700 XXXXXXX XXX IP-BLOCK 77.95.231.64 (Type: outgoing, Port: 54970, Process: firefox.exe)

Karash Amerius Operative, Sutoka

Sakari Orisi
Doomheim
#397 - 2012-04-24 22:20:01 UTC
Karash Amerius wrote:
Sakari Orisi wrote:
Karash Amerius wrote:

Hey there,

2012/04/24 11:22:00 -0700 XXXXXXX XXX IP-BLOCK 77.95.231.64 (Type: outgoing, Port: 54970, Process: firefox.exe)

Ok, There has been some poking around, and it seems we have the same host as some piece of **** hosting malware:

Analysis by hphosts (they feed the malwarebytes IP blocker) http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2012/02/alert-779522757-how-do-i-love-thee-let.html

They blocked the whole /22 block of IPs, which we happen to also be in, most likely eve-kill will be affected by this as well, as they're the ones hosting the evefit website. I'll give karbowiak a poke about this
Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#398 - 2012-05-01 17:47:27 UTC
Hey guys, found another bug

When I put a tracking link in the projected effects of a ship, pyfa isn't changing scripts correctly. No matter what script (or none at all), it only applies the basic unscripted bonus of a tracking link

Tested this on a vindi with tracking link T2, bug has been in since at least v1.1.5

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Arec Bardwin
#399 - 2012-05-17 14:21:10 UTC
Is it possible to edit ship stats to the new values on sisi? Did a quick search but didn't find any info on this.
Kelhund
State War Academy
Caldari State
#400 - 2012-05-17 17:02:20 UTC
Great program! Loving using it instead of EFT, the approach is just more streamlined!