These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Concord

Author
Tractor Lars Jawohl
TRACTORFORMERS
#21 - 2012-04-11 01:03:34 UTC
I still get off 8 volleys from guns with 2.83 sec rate of fire in 0.5 systems, which means I spent atleast ~22,65 seconds firing. My guess is that in reality it's about 25 seconds untill concord jam you from the moment you shoot.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#22 - 2012-04-11 01:27:09 UTC
So I just tested this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFPCFWJYbs&feature=youtu.be

I managed 26 seconds in a 0.5

No idea what you're all whining about.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Powers Sa
#23 - 2012-04-11 02:12:22 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
So I just tested this

Thank you for this Khanh'rhh. Does the rifter's small sig give it a little more time to live?

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-04-11 02:15:20 UTC
This is a serious issue! Concord is already overpowered, this is just CCP dumbing the game down more.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Ronni Zigman
It's not slavery, if they are enjoying it.
#25 - 2012-04-11 03:09:48 UTC
Powers Sa wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
So I just tested this

Thank you for this Khanh'rhh. Does the rifter's small sig give it a little more time to live?

Yes. CONCORD has bad tracking on their guns, so while you will be jammed, an AB rifter with max skills can avoid CONCORD death by speed tanking it.
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#26 - 2012-04-11 03:14:56 UTC
Ronni Zigman wrote:
Powers Sa wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
So I just tested this

Yes. CONCORD has bad tracking on their guns, so while you will be jammed, an AB rifter with max skills can avoid CONCORD death by speed tanking it.
Same with gate guns, that's why interceptors make such great lowsec gatecampers.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#27 - 2012-04-11 03:41:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Powers Sa wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
So I just tested this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFPCFWJYbs&feature=youtu.b

I managed 26 seconds in a 0.

Nah

CONCORD ignore such trivialities as EHP and physics and just apply their WTFBBQ beam.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Eryn Velasquez
#28 - 2012-04-11 09:56:39 UTC
Players are evolving, so game ist evolving. New T3s in combination with new tactics on the gankerside demanded a reaction on side of Concord.

Sure highsec is and never was safe, and it should not be a colourful paradise for cute puppies.

Silly suicide-ganking kiddies abusing game mechanics with new ships, pushing tactics near/over exploit-barriers are not a win for the game.
Intelligent pirates/pirate gangs, looking for expensive stuff carried in freighters/industrials, or for faction fittet mission ships still should have a place in EVE. The other crap should'nt.

_“A man's freedom consists in his being able to do whatever he wills, but that he should not, by any human power, be forced to do what is against his will.” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau _

Scion Lex
United Mining and Hauling Inc
The Initiative.
#29 - 2012-04-11 11:26:58 UTC
Nerf Concord and stop putting fail fits on your stuff. Take some responsibility for your game play and put some skills into your tanking and some thought into your ops. Scouts, logi, EWAR, look at local.....something. You only have to survive for a few seconds anyway. Is it that hard? Stop living in this ideal that 'bad things shouldn't happen to good people' and start counting on it. Twisted
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#30 - 2012-04-11 13:05:06 UTC
Relax kids... as per the PUBLISHED boomerang exploit fix it is true that CONCORD now show up quicker, they scram you quicker, you are locked down / locked up quicker. But. You still have the same amount of time (based on system sec status) before the "Boss" units open fire and insta-explode you, so you can still unload your guns into that shiny mining pinata...
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2012-04-11 13:36:21 UTC
If EvE becomes even more Space WOW in the coming months i will just search myself a new MMO.
Problem solved :-), money saved, tears avoided
;-)

Oh wait...I can not go to high sec anyway...

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#32 - 2012-04-11 17:06:14 UTC
Looking For Corp wrote:
jimmyjam wrote:
Who cares get over it and move on or just bring more dudes!!

this is a nerf to legitimate PVP and will likely cost alot of subscriptions. we need this reverted or some sort of compensation for this removal of valid and fair gameplay.

CCP stop cowering to overly advantaged bears...

Killing defenseless noobs == pvp?

Not that I agree with CCP buffing Concord like that but.....Lol

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Ronni Zigman
It's not slavery, if they are enjoying it.
#33 - 2012-04-11 17:16:20 UTC
It's still pvp, it just isn't fairTwisted
Sutskop
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-04-11 17:17:03 UTC
Evil Market wrote:

Ok ccp why has concord speed up there responce time since Downtime without letting us know.

They now spawn at the speed of npc police... not the speed concord responds at

Don't gank with Concord on grid.
Selissa Shadoe
#35 - 2012-04-11 18:37:15 UTC
Loving the wannabe 'PVPers' who can't get their easy kills against defenseless targets any more. Music, sweet music..

"Whether suicide ganking or doing anything in eve, there are exorbitant amounts of people in the game and on the forums that are complete jerks." - Spikeflach

Kieron VonDeux
#36 - 2012-04-11 18:49:39 UTC
Tyburn Stannis wrote:
Relax kids... as per the PUBLISHED boomerang exploit fix it is true that CONCORD now show up quicker, they scram you quicker, you are locked down / locked up quicker. But. You still have the same amount of time (based on system sec status) before the "Boss" units open fire and insta-explode you, so you can still unload your guns into that shiny mining pinata...

Kind of like Robo Cop, except he is shooting at you when he says, "you have 10 seconds to comply, err I mean die".
Looking For Corp
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-04-11 20:43:43 UTC
Selissa Shadoe wrote:
Loving the wannabe 'PVPers' who can't get their easy kills against defenseless targets any more. Music, sweet music..

nonsense. this is dedicated PVP with many skill to setup target properly. CCP nerf valid gameplay and for this we need financial compensation or repeal this nerf immediately.

EVE is PVP ONLY game and now crybaby carebear make CCP to ruin game!!

Pinky Feldman
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#38 - 2012-04-11 21:07:04 UTC
First off, regarding claims of what is or isn't PVP, while things like suicide ganking might not be a fight, its still a player versus player interaction. If difficulty of the kill or circumstances decide whether or not a player on player action can be called PVP, then I suppose from an Incursion runner standpoint, players who run missions aren't true PVErs.

Second, regardless of what the response time actually is, everyone should be upset about changes that happen without patch notes. Patch notes for something like this wouldn't be hard to include at all and in a game as complex as EVE, undocumented changes make it even more unnecessarily complex. Stealth nerfs are something that everyone should be upset about regardless of whether or not its a positive or negative change for them.
Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#39 - 2012-04-11 21:23:52 UTC
This is why you buy a Tornado. (He said, with obviousness implied.)

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Looking For Corp
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-04-11 21:48:24 UTC
Dirk Magnum wrote:
This is why you buy a Tornado. (He said, with obviousness implied.)

Yes but i do have tornado but now i only get not enough shots with lasers unlike before. This is unbearable change done by CCP for no good reasons.