These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wtf has jita competition died?

First post
Author
Aina Sasaki
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2012-04-09 16:37:03 UTC
Yeah... I noticed. Disappointing, but it's not like we weren't used to their annoyance already.

Hopefully CCP will clean these guys out quick. :D

- Rei

Raven Ether
Doomheim
#62 - 2012-04-09 17:24:41 UTC
Zelda Wei wrote:

The Market bots are back over the last week.

What are you DOING CCP?

JD Rocketfeller
Rocket Equity
#63 - 2012-04-10 04:54:03 UTC  |  Edited by: JD Rocketfeller
market bots definitely back. There's one in Rens that updates his market buy orders every 5-10 minutes 24/7, exactly matches the competitor's bid then adds 0.01 isk. I made him raise his buy prices all the way to almost sell prices (which no human would do) then dumped my stuff to him at inflated price. The guy kept logging in and out non stop for like 10 hours, I'm guessing some kind of bot glitch or the bot is programmed to go off and check periodically if it has money to trade with.

I reported him as a bot, and submitted a petition detailed the bot's behavior and got the standard copy and paste reply from GM: "We have this new feature where you can report a character as a bot blah blah"

It's only been a couple days but the bot is still active.

It really sucks having to deal with these guys.
Kreeia Dgore
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#64 - 2012-04-10 06:52:12 UTC
I am not entirely sure the CCP sees bots as something hurting the game (and thus hurting the fun players have while playing), hope i am wrong though. Even better, i hope to be persuaded by their actions, e.g. when i see all the bots not doing what they deserve ban for. But still nothing happening.
Irisa Selenia
Doomheim
#65 - 2012-04-10 07:38:05 UTC
Until last week I could just update my orders and at least 25% of them would be filled the next day.

Now, not a single order gets filled unless you continuously update them.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#66 - 2012-04-10 18:04:18 UTC
Kreeia Dgore wrote:
I am not entirely sure the CCP sees bots as something hurting the game (and thus hurting the fun players have while playing), hope i am wrong though. Even better, i hope to be persuaded by their actions, e.g. when i see all the bots not doing what they deserve ban for. But still nothing happening.

This. All those bots made things cheaper this time last year. Fully rigged Rifter (and sometimes fitted) for ~80M this time last year was awesome. Paying 300M isk for an empty one is something other than awesome.
JVLP
Dark Nexxus
#67 - 2012-04-10 19:43:37 UTC
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
Kreeia Dgore wrote:

This. All those bots made things cheaper this time last year. Fully rigged Rifter (and sometimes fitted) for ~80M this time last year was awesome. Paying 300M isk for an empty one is something other than awesome.

I will sell you all my rigged and fit rifters for 80m/u. I do bulk discounts too.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#68 - 2012-04-10 19:46:20 UTC
JVLP wrote:
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
Kreeia Dgore wrote:

I will sell you all my rigged and fit rifters for 80m/u. I do bulk discounts too.

lol woops. I mean't K (thousand) not M (million).

Oh yeah...no deal.