These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Am I missing something obvious?

Author
Vospor
Ki-Ku-Taki Monsters
#1 - 2012-04-10 18:39:32 UTC
I have been playing Eve on and off since retail. I am not a big character by any stretch of the imagination, 18m SP and a Raven. I have T2 kit all over and I am currently saving for a CNR. The only thing is, I have no idea what I am meant to do with it?

I run pretty much every L4 mission without any problems so what comes after L4's? What am I meant to be doing? I don't like PvP (i'm rubbish at it), I have done the mining thing (got up to exhumer and found out that it was just as boring as watching Time Team) and even done a bit of the 'try and build something that will make some isk' thing.

I have searched the net and come up with naught.
hermot
The No One Cares Corp
#2 - 2012-04-10 18:41:36 UTC
oh boy this is going to get trolled to hell..

Google Eve careers...
Vospor
Ki-Ku-Taki Monsters
#3 - 2012-04-10 18:43:07 UTC
Will do, thanks
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#4 - 2012-04-10 18:45:32 UTC
Check out the link in my sig

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tikktokk Tokkzikk
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#5 - 2012-04-10 18:46:38 UTC
Buy a Caldari Rifter (kestrel/merlin) and die horribly in lowsec, repeat until you no longer die horribly. Enjoy your new PvP skills.

Move up to cruis... Drake and repeat what you did with your Caldari Rifter.

Move up to a battleship if you've got the skills and wallet and repeat what you did with the Drake.

Or keep doing missions like a mindless drone in a single-player game for the rest of your (EvE) life.
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-04-10 18:47:08 UTC
EVE isn't a progression it is a sandbox.

You decide what you want to do.

Like any sandbox it involves building something.
Character, Corp, Alliance.
One ship, 2 Ships, All ships in EVE.
1 Million ISK, 1 Billion ISK, 1 Trillian ISK

FInd a goal and work towards it.
Mystrak
Radiant Technologies
#7 - 2012-04-10 18:47:30 UTC
Have a dirty roleplay session with me. If you can handle my Mystiks!

[u]I'd like to know your thoughts, please send me an EVE mail![/u]

Thomas Orca
Broski is ded
#8 - 2012-04-10 18:49:08 UTC
Mystrak wrote:

Hi Prencleeve.
Darth Tickles
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-04-10 18:49:13 UTC
There's a whole galaxy out there, bronut.
Mystrak
Radiant Technologies
#10 - 2012-04-10 18:52:21 UTC
Thomas Orca wrote:
Mystrak wrote:

Hi Prencleeve.

Are you sure I'm Prencleeve? Because half the forum is Prencleeve. You, your mother, your grandmother and even your sister is Prencleeve. I am not Prencleeve though, never have been, never will be (unless he gets unbanned and I buy his character for the lols).

[u]I'd like to know your thoughts, please send me an EVE mail![/u]

WarProfit
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-04-10 18:53:20 UTC
You can rub peanut butter on your balls and play the tuba untill you pass out or you can play eve same thing I believe.
Uppsy Daisy
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-04-10 19:24:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Uppsy Daisy
Malcanis' link, though a little overwhelming, is a good summary.

I would encourage you to try pvp again, it really is the most fun you can have in EvE.

If you really want to stick to PVE your options are:

- Mission Running in High Sec - gets boring fast
- Mission Running in Low Sec from Factional Warfare agent - excellent ISK, but the added risk of low sec. Don't take your shiny CN Raven.
- Exploration - scanning down anomalies, then running them for rare modules. High sec ones are easy and not very rewarding, low and null sec ones are harder and more rewarding.
- Incursions - this is probably the next step for you. High sec incursions require decent teamwork and are very rewarding.
- Wormholes - these have some very rewarding PVE, but come with some PVP risks.

And why is Prencleve Grothsmore garbage invading every thread!
Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-04-10 19:24:50 UTC
bleh. Almost impossible to play this game without pvp'n. I mean even if you were to only mine tritanium and sell it on the market to buy orders you are still pvp'n you just don't realize it.

So what to do after lvl 4 missions while minimizing the risk of "PVP"..........

Incursions maybe? I mean you might have to interact with people but if you do high sec ones you probably won't get shot at??

High sec exploration would be an option, just don't enter the wormhole you find.

You could start doing industry, buy materials, build stuff, sell stuff. It really is PVP but you won't be able to tell. Just don't get suicide ganked with a bil worth of mats and/or product in the iteron you'd probably be using.

You could start timing yourself in missions then attempt to beat your "record" (good lord that sounds horrible).

/Honest attempt at help

P.S. If you make an honest attempt to help someone that you know will fail, is it an honest attempt?

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-04-10 19:28:48 UTC
Mystrak wrote:
Thomas Orca wrote:
Mystrak wrote:

Hi Prencleeve.

Are you sure I'm Prencleeve? Because half the forum is Prencleeve. You, your mother, your grandmother and even your sister is Prencleeve. I am not Prencleeve though, never have been, never will be (unless he gets unbanned and I buy his character for the lols).

Mad levels off the charts! Doc,he's gonna pop!
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-04-10 19:35:19 UTC
make isk, send isk to me, i then do things with that isk to make much more isk and return what you invested back

just send isk, plus the reason code "trade"
Vospor
Ki-Ku-Taki Monsters
#16 - 2012-04-10 20:30:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Vospor
Thanks for the (majority) of you for your constructive feedback. I really do appreciate it.

To those who basically trolled my ****. Remember that you were a noob once and helping someone out from time to time can't hurt that badly. Never know, my PvP skills may get better, I might one day be holding you to ransom P

Again, thanks all.

#Edit: Can't spell for toffee