These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

looking for the low-down

Author
Cat o'Ninetails
Rancer Defence League
#1 - 2012-04-08 23:40:38 UTC
hi guys cat here

it has been a while since i even piloted a ship, i've been planetside... basking on sundrenched beach planets. do you like my tan?

anyways lol... i tried getting into my trusty defencemobile earlier and got confused somehow and kept walking into walls. that aside, can anyone break down into bite sized pieces what I might have missed since, well, June 2010.

i hope pirates have been kept at bay, the sanshas are defeated, and that 0.0 is a peaceful oasis.

much love from your friend cat,

xx
Ibn Taymiyyah
eM' Roid Extraction Services
#2 - 2012-04-08 23:51:42 UTC
Welcome back Cat! ;)
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#3 - 2012-04-08 23:52:52 UTC
Poasting in another Cat thread.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#4 - 2012-04-09 00:21:05 UTC
It r teh Cat

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Cat o'Ninetails
Rancer Defence League
#5 - 2012-04-09 00:22:11 UTC
Virgil Travis wrote:
It r teh Cat

Yeppers! I am back if you like it or not lol

nobody has answered anything though :(

x
Doggy Dogwoofwoof
New Eden Corporation 98713347
Brotherhood of Spacers
#6 - 2012-04-09 00:27:39 UTC
So how long till Ninetails o'Cat returns?
Cat o'Ninetails
Rancer Defence League
#7 - 2012-04-09 00:29:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat o'Ninetails
Doggy Dogwoofwoof wrote:
So how long till Ninetails o'Cat returns?

Ninetails o'Cat is much more brainier than me :(

edit: Ninetails o'Cat actually provided an awesome backstory, I can't find it. Well worth reading, I loved it. Tied in with some nonsense I posted about creating an army of Cat o'Ninetails. Good read if you can find and follow the thread that lead up to it.
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#8 - 2012-04-09 00:33:05 UTC
To answer the question, some say things are about to become safer in high sec while others would argue the opposite, it's all a bit up in the air and some of us are just sitting back interested to see how the next few months pan out. Going to be interesting in a hectic kind of way, that's for sure.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-04-09 00:34:16 UTC
YAY CAT IS BACK!

Maybe Dark Shikari, Akita T and Jenny Spitfire will comeback too and we'll have an epic forum reunion.
ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-04-09 01:52:16 UTC
Cat o'Ninetails wrote:
hi guys cat here

it has been a while since i even piloted a ship, i've been planetside... basking on sundrenched beach planets. do you like my tan?

anyways lol... i tried getting into my trusty defencemobile earlier and got confused somehow and kept walking into walls. that aside, can anyone break down into bite sized pieces what I might have missed since, well, June 2010.

i hope pirates have been kept at bay, the sanshas are defeated, and that 0.0 is a peaceful oasis.

xx

Too much RP for me in your post

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Serene Repose
#11 - 2012-04-09 04:13:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
ACE McFACE wrote:
Cat o'Ninetails wrote:
hi guys cat here

xx

Too much RP for me in your post

You just had to say that. I know it was impossible to resist. Your standards must be met! The universe revolves around YOUR opinion. We ALL bow down to your thought processes. *kow tow kow tow*

(These sorts of people are still with us, evidently.)

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-04-09 04:54:37 UTC
Vaal Erit wrote:
YAY CAT IS BACK!

Maybe Dark Shikari, Akita T and Jenny Spitfire will comeback too and we'll have an epic forum reunion.

Akita T never left. He just got a married and hasn't been as active on the forums as he used to be.
Alara IonStorm
#13 - 2012-04-09 04:59:18 UTC
Wow this is a name I haven't heard in a while.

Welcome back to EVE.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#14 - 2012-04-09 06:46:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Xercodo
wb Cat! :D

So.... June 2010 you say? hmmmm

Well Incursions came out, we got the Noctis, we got new faces, agent quality was removed, agent divisons were revamped and now security give 100% combat instead of a few couriers, Incarna came out, we got a first taste at WiS with Captain's Quarters, we got new turret models and animations, ingame agnet finder, Summer of Rage ensued, CCP got some **** togather, fixed up some of the issues in Incarna (like forced CQ and removed ship hanger), Crucible came out and everyone loved everything except for some of the bitterest of vets: new nebulae, tier 3 BCs that are glass cannons that have the tank and speed of a cruiser but fit large guns, engine trails came back, new warp effect, new jump drive effect, 100s of other little new things and bug fixes, "loot all" button, new customizable neocom.

So there's my wall of text for you, I'm sure i missed several things xD

Also fanfest was only a few weeks ago so go check those out on CCP's youtube channel :P (Namely the DUST Keynote, the EVE Keynote, and CCP Presents! videos as well as the cinematic trailer and the new missiles videos (which are part of the EVE Keynote and CCP Presents! presentations))

The Drake is a Lie

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-04-09 07:06:17 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
wb Cat! :D

So.... June 2010 you say? hmmmm

Well Incursions came out, we got the Noctis, we got new faces, agent quality was removed, agent divisons were revamped and now security give 100% combat instead of a few couriers, Incarna came out, we got a first taste at WiS with Captain's Quarters, we got new turret models and animations, ingame agnet finder, Summer of Rage ensued, CCP got some **** togather, fixed up some of the issues in Incarna (like forced CQ and removed ship hanger), Crucible came out and everyone loved everything except for some of the bitterest of vets: new nebulae, tier 3 BCs that are glass cannons that have the tank and speed of a cruiser but fit large guns, engine trails came back, new warp effect, new jump drive effect, 100s of other little new things and bug fixes, "loot all" button, new customizable neocom.

So there's my wall of text for you, I'm sure i missed several things xD

Also fanfest was only a few weeks ago so go check those out on CCP's youtube channel :P (Namely the DUST Keynote, the EVE Keynote, and CCP Presents! videos as well as the cinematic trailer and the new missiles videos (which are part of the EVE Keynote and CCP Presents! presentations))

You forgot to mention the russians died.
*edit* most fo them anyways.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#16 - 2012-04-09 07:07:44 UTC
Basically, we're all Japanese now.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-04-09 07:25:54 UTC
We're owned by Sony now
Goons are being persecuted ala Jesus
Guy died in cov ops frig in high sec and dropped 34 plex
2 guys work on WIS but only during breaks with their left hand
Tier 3 BCs go BOOM BOOM POW POW EXPLOSION!!!!!!
Incursions make so much isk but the grind is equally painful
High-sec space will soon be War-dec space
Rancer still inhabited by pirates, Cat, you have a lot of work to do. Fire up the velators!
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#18 - 2012-04-09 07:41:23 UTC
sonyt shmoney

also, I'm stealing that Goons are Jesus bit for a forum sig if i can make my mouse hand work right

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Natassia Krasnoo
R3D SHIFT
#19 - 2012-04-09 08:12:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Natassia Krasnoo
PATCH NOTES Will get you through the fixes and issues since June 2010Shocked...use the drop down on the upper right to choose the previous patches. That should get you through the technical side of it.

If your looking for the drama updates you'll have to pour through the postings of the lame, sick, and disturbed in COAD. Or hit up massively and other news sites to try and gather info from there.

Welcome back to EVE. It's looking a lot better after the CSM actually was able to be effective and do their jobs. CCP had a rough time of it but they are back on track for now. Check out the youtube vids of the Fanfest presentations, theres a lot of good info there too.
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#20 - 2012-04-09 09:02:07 UTC
hi guys grumpy here

it has been a while since I saw a cat thread lol

welcome back

xx

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.