These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Cloaking Buff

First post
Author
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-04-08 19:05:23 UTC
I find it annoying that cloaks have to be reactivated once every downtime. This is very immersion breaking.

Can't you just let cloaks reactivate automatically after downtime?

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#2 - 2012-04-08 19:08:31 UTC
You are certainly on a roll today. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Black Dranzer
#3 - 2012-04-08 19:08:37 UTC
Cloaking is stupid. It's a sort of pseudo invulnerability field that's unbreakable yet which doesn't actually provide any stealth. It needs to be nerfed and buffed at the same time. I made a proposal once, but nobody liked it, presumably because they were incapable of considering all the effects as a whole, and instead looked at a particular individual buff or nerf and proclaimed the entire thing horrible.
Coolsmoke
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-04-08 19:16:08 UTC
Cloaking is not sick.

It does its stuff, and does it

Well.
Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-04-08 19:39:58 UTC
/Me whispers:

Cloaky-cloaky. U no see'z me!!

Ni.

Tiberius Amzadee
The Night Stalker Syndicate
#6 - 2012-04-08 19:47:05 UTC
Here's some cheese to go with that whine. The cloak is probably the most balanced thing in the game and if you get detected it's most likely your own fault. It doesn't provide stealth? Ok,there must be a lot of lucky pilots out there flying into cloaked ships but yet there isn't a thread of cloak operators talking about it.(Must be a stealth thread.)
If you have to leave the ship out during downtime,just make sure you park it in a low traffic random moon with no bases in a system. When logging on hope no one is around when your ship pops back into space and hit the cloak.
It's all a game of cat and mouse in a life of a cloaker,that's what makes the profession fun.Cool
Nura Taron
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-04-08 20:24:59 UTC
Tiberius Amzadee wrote:
Here's some cheese to go with that whine. The cloak is probably the most balanced thing in the game and if you get detected it's most likely your own fault. It doesn't provide stealth? Ok,there must be a lot of lucky pilots out there flying into cloaked ships but yet there isn't a thread of cloak operators talking about it.(Must be a stealth thread.)

You know he was talking about local. Stop being a douche.
Falcon Tastic
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-04-08 20:27:31 UTC
OP 1/10
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#9 - 2012-04-08 21:08:53 UTC
0/10

Dull, not very convincing, almost pointless.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#10 - 2012-04-08 21:14:41 UTC
But they already are. Just don't log on.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Tiberius Amzadee
The Night Stalker Syndicate
#11 - 2012-04-08 21:19:23 UTC
Local? What is that? Oh,that annoying thing full of spam,trash talk,and general useless info when it's not quiet. I personally think it should go away all together. It still don't change the fact that the cloak itself is working just fine
Now there is a point where there might be a subject of a anti-cloak ship role.
An idea I've been thinking about that's very similar to interdictors or even a new peice of a equipment for most ships with medium to big reactors
I'm thinking a module or bomb that sends out a powerful EM bubble that can distrupt covert ops cloaks of all types within its area of effect. (think depth charges)
Dr Prometheus
Gears of Construction
Gears Confederation
#12 - 2012-04-08 21:21:45 UTC
It does make sense, as CCP is pausing the universe, thus should everything wich is active stay active. :P

Dude, where is my Quafe Megathron?

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2012-04-09 09:13:59 UTC
Trolling, thread locked.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire