These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Poll - Which ship hull is the ugliest

Author
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#61 - 2012-04-07 20:51:14 UTC
trometor (or whatever its name is)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

xpl0de
Caldari State
#62 - 2012-04-08 04:56:47 UTC
Proteus def needs a make over

-10.0 since the Womb

DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
#63 - 2012-04-08 05:50:11 UTC
Revenant.

Each other ship is perfect, and a special little snowflake!
I love the shoe-potato-whale that is the Domi.
Sinigr Shadowsong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2012-04-08 06:57:41 UTC
Minmatar ships are ugliest. I don't understand how can you not see it. They are so ugly that literally can stop new player from using them, I saw it. Especially Rupture, Stabber, Tempest, Typhoon and most frigates except Rifter and Reaper. Btw Moa design sucks.
Arm Hilitari
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2012-04-08 07:51:23 UTC
Sinigr Shadowsong wrote:
Minmatar ships are ugliest. I don't understand how can you not see it. They are so ugly that literally can stop new player from using them, I saw it. Especially Rupture, Stabber, Tempest, Typhoon and most frigates except Rifter and Reaper. Btw Moa design sucks.

^this. i actually stopped doing missions on my rupture and went amarr cruisers just because i couldn't stand the look of it.
Sonny Dang
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2012-04-08 08:43:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Sonny Dang
All Caldari and Minmatar ships. Reason? Caldari ships lack symmetry and Minmatar ships look like rust metal plate smear with poop.

On the Gallente part, Dominix, Vexor, Imicus, Brutix.

And for Amarr... there is hardly any ship that needs to be redesigned. I can't help but think when CCP first created this game, they started by designing Amarr first, then Gallente, then Caldari and finally Minmatar. The Amarr ships have the best designs and the Minmatar's have the worst, which shows how they lost idea and creativity over time and that how the latter had to live with such fked up ships Roll
Shereza
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2012-04-08 08:54:12 UTC
At first I wanted to say the thorax line because they look like Grandma's replacement hip, but I have to agree with all the aeon posters. It looks like someone blew up a bestower, added a horn to it to make it look like a narwhal or so they could yell out "ramming speed" when they screwed up in PvP, and then took it out before it was even fully assembled.

In comparison to the aeon the moa is gorgeous, and in and of itself I think the moa rates nothing more than "good in an interesting sort of way."

Sonny Dang
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2012-04-08 08:58:20 UTC
Also, the Nidhoggur. Looks like the Minmatar stole some villager's rooftop and threw it in space.
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#69 - 2012-04-08 10:19:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Anya Ohaya
Moa.

Then Heron, then Imicus. Then the Caldari shuttle (it looks like a cracker box with wings, it's the worst shuttle by far).

Domi is just a big cuddly girl that needs some good loving.

Edit: the 'phoon may be ugly, but I love the design. It looks evil, it means business. It looks like the designers went for maximum firepower and didn't give a f--k about aesthetics.
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#70 - 2012-04-08 10:26:12 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
Edit: the 'phoon may be ugly, but I love the design. It looks evil, it means business. It looks like the designers went for maximum firepower and didn't give a f--k about aesthetics.

Indeed. Same thing applies to the Raven - they're not pretty, but war isn't pretty, and a Raven hull that looks like a giant evil mutated bird is good.

The Moa, however, is just stupid ugly.
Sinigr Shadowsong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2012-04-08 10:45:58 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
Moa.

No, it looks like designers didn't care about firepower and only about aesthetics - to specially make the ugliest space junkyard-service bot.
Arrigo Glokta
#72 - 2012-04-08 11:30:49 UTC
Well, after reading this thread..... whatever ship gets re-designed next - it is gonna **** off a LOT of people!

We couldn't agree on the colour of 5H1TE!

My 2 cents: Apocalypse. Please please please FIX IT.
YuuKnow
The Scope
#73 - 2012-04-08 13:01:03 UTC
Moa for sure.... the Bellicose is a eyesore as well.

Leave my Loki and Tempest alone.
Ettu Brute II
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2012-04-08 15:21:21 UTC
The short answer to the OP is: Tristan. And as I couldn't come up with a better description:
Saul Shardani wrote:
The stupid flying robot looking thing

Aside from that, the Imicus and everything in the Minmatar frigate, cruiser and battleship stables except the Probe, Rupture, Stabber and Typhoon (easily their best BS model, looking like a BS should - solid and powerful).
Vangelios
#75 - 2012-04-08 18:10:37 UTC
IMO there are many ships that needs tweaking but here are ships that needs urgent designer love:

Bantam, Imicus, Celestis, Rupture, Dominix

... Each small candle Lights a corner of the dark...

Frickin Rhino
Criminally Incompetent
#76 - 2012-04-08 18:47:13 UTC
minnie ships need to be reskinned. take the Mommoth... terrible mapping and detail.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#77 - 2012-04-08 19:31:01 UTC
Stupid frickin' Imicus. Seriously, it looks like a down syndrome, bow-legged midget who ate too much fast food, but it all went to only 1 thigh.
Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2012-04-08 22:08:41 UTC
Cyclone, bantam, burst, moa
Nedes Betternaem
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2012-04-09 00:02:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Nedes Betternaem
Spaceturd gotta be the worst just because of how close they actually got to making it look like a turd.

Runner up is moa, it fugly, but at least it doesn't resemble ****.
Azemar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2012-04-09 01:14:58 UTC
Take notes CCP, it seems the Domi has been listed almost every time. And the Sansha super poop.