These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Help with Cyborg gaming keyboard installation

Author
Commander Disarray
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-04-04 16:01:27 UTC
So I received this Cyborg gaming keyboard and gaming mouse as gifts from the missus. Sick looking things. The mouse works fine, but I'm having a hard time installing the keyboard driver. I installed the software but the driver is where I'm stuck.

I run the setup file, and it asks me to plug in the device (keyboard). I plug in the USB, and after a few seconds, a pop-up on the bottom right says that the device was not properly installed. I tried the driver on the CD, as well as the driver on their website. The dialog box still stays there asking me to plug in the device. Running Win7 with which it is compatible. It's just not installing, but it lights up once it's plugged in though. I submitted a ticket on their website but still no reply after 2 days. Any ideas?
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-04-04 19:53:03 UTC
I would plug it in, let Windows assign some generic driver to it. Maybe reboot the comp. Then go into component list, pick the keyboard, pull the properties for the keyboard, there should be an option to install a driver.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Commander Disarray
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-04-05 14:14:44 UTC
That worked! You sir, are a genius. Except that after the reboot, I was just able to run the setup file and complete it, rather than going to component list.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-04-05 14:50:59 UTC
3 simple steps on solving b0rked stuff in windows:

step 1 - if it doesn't work, reboot. if solved, yay! if not, go to step 2:
step 2 - if reboot doesn't work, go to support website. if solved, yay! if not, go to step 3:
step 3 - if support doesn't work, reformat. if solved, yay! if not, then you're ******.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Commander Disarray
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-04-05 14:55:56 UTC
Well it wasn't just a simple reboot. I had already tried that. The thing was to leave it plugged in, then reboot. The instructions had said not to plug it in until setup called for it, so this didn't occur to me.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-04-07 02:37:47 UTC
win 7 is smart, it usually knows what to do, most people ignore install CDs now and just let windows do it, or go to the support websites since most install CDs are outdated by the time they get to consumer hands.
jason hill
Red vs Blue Flight Academy
#7 - 2012-04-07 17:57:54 UTC
grimpak knows his stuff lol...looks like he`s been around M$ products for some time Big smile...i would have suggested the same as he did ....but he beat me to it Evil
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-04-07 20:35:43 UTC
jason hill wrote:
grimpak knows his stuff lol...looks like he`s been around M$ products for some time Big smile...i would have suggested the same as he did ....but he beat me to it Evil

win98 first edition, where you had to reinstal/reformat every 3 months to keep the machine workingLol

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right