These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

eve dying?

Author
Cedar Locus
Fleet 2 die
#1 - 2011-09-27 10:49:09 UTC
looking at the number of players on http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility it looks like eve is dying
also with the wod thing....
It's kinda unsettling, so....am i missing something? some great stuff coming up?

Ugh wtf

(also, fix the ******* forum you fucktards. postings shouldnt dissapear....)
Ghost Resonance
Doomheim
#2 - 2011-09-27 10:51:24 UTC
I'll give you a 1/10 for actually escaping the wordfilter. Good job i guess?
Signal11th
#3 - 2011-09-27 10:54:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Cedar Locus wrote:
looking at the number of players on http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility it looks like eve is dying
also with the wod thing....
It's kinda unsettling, so....am i missing something? some great stuff coming up?

Ugh wtf

(also, fix the ******* forum you fucktards. postings shouldnt dissapear....)

No, Eve is not dying a few botters got kicked, some peoples machines blew up after CQ and the rest have spontaneously combusted after moaning too much on the forums.

Eve is still Eve and always will be.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#4 - 2011-09-27 10:59:46 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
A few people here being hitting the hard stuff?
I didn't think it was possible to moan too much on the forums.
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#5 - 2011-09-27 11:00:34 UTC
What I found interesting is that as soon as Eve really started to go into terminal decline this year, all the "Eve is dying" threads suddenly dried up!

Why is that me wonders......

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Chuc Morris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-09-27 11:02:28 UTC
Yes, in 2012.

And you, me, him, her every one will die !!!!!

Unless Dr O of course.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#7 - 2011-09-27 11:04:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Brooks Puuntai
Desert Ice78 wrote:
What I found interesting is that as soon as Eve really started to go into terminal decline this year, all the "Eve is dying" threads suddenly dried up!

Why is that me wonders......

Cause before it was more a joke/meme. Now its a actual possibility, so its just sad and its not even funny.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Mart Allini
Lead Farmers
#8 - 2011-09-27 11:04:13 UTC
Another eve is dying is thread. yawn

More importantly: am I the only one that finds it weird that eve-offline charts time going from right to left. I've seen many charts in my life, and its the first time I've seen it done like that.
Barricade Dark
#9 - 2011-09-27 11:04:46 UTC
In my experiance getting rid of the rif raf nerd rage population that is always on the fence ready to quit the game over every small offense is a good thing. So I would say quite the oppossite, Eve is going to be living better once enough people quit, in particular people who get their rocks off on posting stupid **** like you.

Traditionally this happens for three reasons.

1. Its a wake up call to the Devs to get their **** together. When the numbers drop, investors start calling and they want to know why they are making less money. The Devs will investigate and instead of the cry babies (like you) they will have their core audiance guiding them.

2. Like the American economy and any inflated system, when it grows to large it becomes broken. Eve isn't broken because the mechanics are not good, its broken because their are two many ******* people and the game (while technically can carry them) cannot support them via its game mechanics infastructure. Their is too much of everything because their are too many people.

3. Old Games Need Maintenance: The problem with Eve is that its a old game that CCP is trying to keep fresh. So they are still trying to do the whole visionary thing by moving forward. Its too late for that. Eve is now an aged game and it needs to go into maintenance mode where the Devs focus on fixing long standing bugs, fixing up mechanics with existing issues and focusing on the game play elements on which the game is founded (like flying in space). When people start quiting, if enough do, they will go into maintenance mode and stop ******* around (though just want to say thanks for the character creation tool in Incarna, I think I got myself to look like Wesley Snipes as intended)

So there ya have it. Go on and quit.. the more quit the better.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#10 - 2011-09-27 11:05:45 UTC
Mart Allini wrote:
Another eve is dying is thread. yawn

More importantly: am I the only one that finds it weird that eve-offline charts time going from right to left. I've seen many charts in my life, and its the first time I've seen it done like that.

How dare you question the Veldspar God Chribba.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-09-27 11:07:04 UTC
I like the part where the OP creates a thread and doesn't come back

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Signal11th
#12 - 2011-09-27 11:08:46 UTC
Headerman wrote:

You've not been a forum warrior long I take it?? Big smile

Cedar Locus
Fleet 2 die
#13 - 2011-09-27 11:13:26 UTC
Headerman wrote:

still here, just waiting to here some reassuring words
Cedar Locus
Fleet 2 die
#14 - 2011-09-27 11:16:42 UTC
Barricade Dark wrote:
In my experiance getting rid of the rif raf nerd rage population that is always on the fence ready to quit the game over every small offense is a good thing. So I would say quite the oppossite, Eve is going to be living better once enough people quit, in particular people who get their rocks off on posting stupid **** like you.

Traditionally this happens for three reasons.

1. Its a wake up call to the Devs to get their **** together. When the numbers drop, investors start calling and they want to know why they are making less money. The Devs will investigate and instead of the cry babies (like you) they will have their core audiance guiding them.

2. Like the American economy and any inflated system, when it grows to large it becomes broken. Eve isn't broken because the mechanics are not good, its broken because their are two many ******* people and the game (while technically can carry them) cannot support them via its game mechanics infastructure. Their is too much of everything because their are too many people.

3. Old Games Need Maintenance: The problem with Eve is that its a old game that CCP is trying to keep fresh. So they are still trying to do the whole visionary thing by moving forward. Its too late for that. Eve is now an aged game and it needs to go into maintenance mode where the Devs focus on fixing long standing bugs, fixing up mechanics with existing issues and focusing on the game play elements on which the game is founded (like flying in space). When people start quiting, if enough do, they will go into maintenance mode and stop ******* around (though just want to say thanks for the character creation tool in Incarna, I think I got myself to look like Wesley Snipes as intended)

So there ya have it. Go on and quit.. the more quit the better.

this hardly makes sense, i think you're delusional
Mirime Nolwe
Mantra of Pain
#15 - 2011-09-27 11:17:44 UTC
The game wont die but surely is declining, quality and population wise. The thing in EVE that really dying is this forum, not because the recent change but because the most people that post on it. This is far from the forum i knew at 2007/09/10, we always had trolls, its impossible to prevent and eliminate that but atm is unbearable.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#16 - 2011-09-27 11:18:38 UTC
Barricade Dark wrote:

If the "cry babies" you are talking about are those who have been in a uproar over the recent changes, direction, and lack of development then I believe you have who the "core audience" backwards. The ones who are vocal about CCPs mistakes are usually the ones who actually care about the game more then those who stay quiet and let it go under.

Quote:

Eve is broken because Eve mechanics are broken. Its not just because Eve is inflated, there are many things that actually do BETTER when theres inflated numbers(FW for example), however because of fail development and broken mechanics it actually draws people away from it. Also if a system doesn't scale based off of numbers then it is broken, unless CCP developed Eve to have a population cap they should have planned for raising numbers.

Quote:

This is another fail ideology. While Eve is a somewhat old game as far as MMOS go, Eve being in a niche market as well as being a sandbox means that age really doesn't matter. Eve is not a standard MMO where once you get the level cap up high enough and released enough dungeons that things start to become redundant and its time to move on.. Eve could easily survive for 8 more years and continue to rise in subs. This would however cause CCP to actually start polishing up the actual core features of the game as well as add more content to keep things fresh.

Eve is far from needing to be placed in maintenance mode. However it seems CCP has a similar ideology and is causing its own downfall.

Naradius
Inner Shadow
Hull Penetration
#17 - 2011-09-27 11:18:48 UTC
Cedar Locus wrote:
Headerman wrote:

still here, just waiting to here some reassuring words

You'll need a Dev Blog for that, with some actual content, that actually delivers the promises it makes...not going to happen any time soon.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2011-09-27 11:20:16 UTC
Signal11th wrote:

No, Eve is not dying a few botters got kicked, some peoples machines blew up after CQ and the rest have spontaneously combusted after moaning too much on the forums.

Someone is in denial.

Don't ban me, bro!

Signal11th
#19 - 2011-09-27 11:20:32 UTC
Mirime Nolwe wrote:
The game wont die but surely is declining, quality and population wise. The thing in EVE that really dying is this forum, not because the recent change but because the most people that post on it. This is far from the forum i knew at 2007/09/10, we always had trolls, its impossible to prevent and eliminate that but atm is unbearable.

Self-fulfilling prophecy unfortunately, CCP wanted more players without doing a obligatory IQ test and boy did we get them!

Signal11th
#20 - 2011-09-27 11:21:25 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

Someone is in denial.

Sorry can't resist it, No i'm not Egyptian!

123Next page