These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Inferno - Where are the acutal Features?

Author
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#21 - 2012-04-06 16:17:23 UTC
Tobiaz wrote:
Alxea wrote:
They also talk about ring mining.

I thought that was for the winter expansion or even further down the track.

Yeah, that was the Winter 2012 expansion.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#22 - 2012-04-06 16:19:57 UTC
Gogela wrote:
WarDec Overhaul - This is big for eve and will change the empire experience for sure. No more dec shields - can demand ransoms via the mechanic - can hire merc corps to defend via the mechanic - penalty charge and extra long timer to drop corp during war plus it's on your characters record - cost of dec based on size of target in terms of pilots

Crimewatch - New aggression mechanics game-wide. Can turn in officer and commander tags to up your sec status (from -10 to +5) - 2 levels of high sec crime: misdemeanors (anyone can shoot you but no police or CONCORD) and felon (CONCORDDOKKEN). Can flippers and looters flagged as misdemeanors now.

These are radical (for CCP) changes that haven't been touched really since this game was made. I think it's going to give the game a much needed shakeup... I mean these are foundational mechanics of the game!

I thought they said +10 now.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#23 - 2012-04-06 16:20:33 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Tobiaz wrote:
Alxea wrote:

Modular star bases for 2012 as well. Also from the sounds of it, moon mining is going away when it hits.

Ersteen Hofs
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-04-06 16:37:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Ersteen Hofs
hey if its not a feature to you, it does not means its not a feature to everybody else.

to me the greatest feature is the drama afterwards, seeing how all those silent majority customers quit and the spell Soundwave cast on CCP management dissipates and they all see how they've been scammed and realize they are now completely ruied... this is going to be FUN! why did you think goons started playing in the first place? hey they even said it themselves.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#25 - 2012-04-06 16:52:11 UTC
Ersteen Hofs wrote:
hey if its not a feature to you, it does not means its not a feature to everybody else.

to me the greatest feature is the drama afterwards, seeing how all those silent majority customers quit and the spell Soundwave cast on CCP management dissipates and they all see how they've been scammed and realize they are now completely ruied... this is going to be FUN! why did you think goons started playing in the first place? hey they even said it themselves.

Goons said they want to ruin YOUR game. Not THE game. Driving away all the other players would make the game not fun. Also, neither Soundwave nor Sreegs are goons anymore.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#26 - 2012-04-06 17:23:30 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Gogela wrote:
blahblah...
Crimewatch - New aggression mechanics game-wide. Can turn in officer and commander tags to up your sec status (from -10 to +5)
blahblah...

I thought they said +10 now.

News to me but even better! Big smile

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-04-06 17:34:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Dbars Grinding
Adding meat and potatoes has been a hard thing for ccp to do for awhile now.

I have more space likes than you. 

Kurai Okala
Okala Corp
#28 - 2012-04-06 17:37:22 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
Tobiaz wrote:
Alxea wrote:

Modular star bases for 2012 as well. Also from the sounds of it, moon mining is going away when it hits.

I could be wrong but I got the impression that the devs really want to do modular star bases but that they were a HUGE task and only "maybe possible" for winter 2012. (ie don't get your hopes up too high for anything sooner than 2013)

Also, I see a lot of people in this thread talking about fanfest concepts as if they were promised for Inferno. Please keep your expectations in check since many of these ideas are only at the concept stage (ring mining) and will not be ready for Inferno if they ever make it to prime-time at all. I've watched several fanfests over the years and many (if not most) of the concepts the devs talk about there never make it into the game (fleet formations, player-owned establisments, atmospheric flight, comet mining, etc etc)
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#29 - 2012-04-06 17:44:01 UTC
Kurai Okala wrote:
I've watched several fanfests over the years and many (if not most) of the concepts the devs talk about there never make it into the game (fleet formations, player-owned establisments, atmospheric flight, comet mining, etc etc)

Adding to that... worthwhile PI, with libraries creating skill books, actual PvP with your neighbors, pollution, population control, yeah it was going to be freaking awesome = click-click-click. Only excitement you have now is when you PI in low or null.

So I agree, I believe it when it hits TQ.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#30 - 2012-04-06 17:48:48 UTC
There was a post fanfest interview with soundwave at 10 tonn hammer it was in the news letter sent out like... yesterday?

Kurai Okala
Okala Corp
#31 - 2012-04-06 18:25:25 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
There was a post fanfest interview with soundwave at 10 tonn hammer it was in the news letter sent out like... yesterday?

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm going to go check it out now.

**EDIT**

Are you talking about the two-part video interview? If so, can you tell me what he said about star bases? I"m at work and can't access the video :(
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-04-06 18:34:56 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Kurai Okala wrote:
I've watched several fanfests over the years and many (if not most) of the concepts the devs talk about there never make it into the game (fleet formations, player-owned establisments, atmospheric flight, comet mining, etc etc)

Adding to that... worthwhile PI, with libraries creating skill books, actual PvP with your neighbors, pollution, population control, yeah it was going to be freaking awesome = click-click-click. Only excitement you have now is when you PI in low or null.

So I agree, I believe it when it hits TQ.

This should have been implemented since day 1.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#33 - 2012-04-06 18:39:06 UTC
Kurai Okala wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm going to go check it out now.

**EDIT**

Are you talking about the two-part video interview? If so, can you tell me what he said about star bases? I"m at work and can't access the video :(

CCP soundwave didnt get to far into it bascially said art team is busy and they want to make star basing meaningful and its going to take time to make the earliest they can start laying the foundation would be for the winter expansion.
Now what he means by foundation is unobvious. He also said the art team is very busy and if they wherent we'd be seeing a new destroyer or two possibly utilizing the many new modules comming this expansion.

Foundationing could be the code to support it. Which in all respects to eve codes, should be easy verses oh a destiney rewrite which would be a hidous monster of a task.

Foundations for a player point of view would be to establish a small set of features then build off of it. The removal of moon mining was along the lines in the economic sector where soundwave declared no more afk isking in many more words than that.

Things like higher sales taxes in empire. No more RP datacores (I start cashing in the RPs if you been stockpiling then save the cores until post patch.) Then the well known up and comming 10% bounty nerf on all npcs. The drone gutting and removing meta 0s from all loot tables (if a player can build it form a blueprint they can buy its not dropping anymore) which almost sounded like standard ammo and batteries also getting removed.

Which goes back to planetary ring mining replacing the moon base mining.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#34 - 2012-04-06 20:06:28 UTC
Roime wrote:
But a new player also makes more ISK from mining, no?

Not when you get ganked every 10 mins.
Snowflake Tem
The Order of Symbolic Measures
#35 - 2012-04-06 20:26:57 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:

Goons said they want to ruin YOUR game. Not THE game. Driving away all the other players would make the game not fun. Also, neither Soundwave nor Sreegs are goons anymore.

Bollocks

once a goon always a goon, overtly or not.

I'm not saying that is a bad thing by the way, even if they think I bop freakishly in my CQ. I love a good dig at the goons just as much as they love dissing anyone outside their magic circle. play the game, it's fun.
XIRUSPHERE
In Bacon We Trust
#36 - 2012-04-06 21:19:19 UTC
Where are the features? open your eyes, the very foundations of New Eden are being shaken. Bugs are being fixed, attitudes are shifting towards making the core game functional, space and the ships within are coming to the forefront of importance.

Instead of pushing some magical feature that gets half done root problems of the game are being addressed for the first time in years and the true importance of supporting emergent gaming through the players is getting the sharp focus that it has always deserved.

War is the theme of this expansion and it is taking shape to live up to it. Economic war, political war, regional conflict, even war in high sec is getting a massive boost as the boring standards and expected are getting ready to take a boot to the arse and let the players write the next chapter.

I hope they keep shaking the foundations so hard the monuments of apathy and complacency built over the years start to crumble under their own hubris and weakness born of comfort.

If you look between the lines things also seem to be pointing towards a re-vamp of industry and resource acquisition as well and while im no miner or industrialist these parts of the game absolutely deserve the love they haven't had since the games inception.

You might not like it, but it's this path and sticking to it that will do more for the game than any silly half baked feature could hope to.

The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times.

One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#37 - 2012-04-06 21:31:25 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Blizzard said it themselves, customizable addons was the worst thing they ever done because its forcing players that 'addons' are required to play the game and that those with addons will always have an advantage over those who don't.

Yet I managed to tank and heal in most raids with the stock UI and a raid leader with a stopwatch.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#38 - 2012-04-06 21:40:44 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:
Blizzard said it themselves, customizable addons was the worst thing they ever done because its forcing players that 'addons' are required to play the game and that those with addons will always have an advantage over those who don't.

Yet I managed to tank and heal in most raids with the stock UI and a raid leader with a stopwatch.

I wished they would stop nurfing warriors. Not my fault a pvp warrior is pushing 113kpds in arenas ><

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#39 - 2012-04-06 22:28:33 UTC
This WoW talk ends now. Shame on you.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-04-06 22:56:05 UTC
I am excited about rim mining. It's about time I had an account with a rim job.

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

Previous page123Next page