These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Inferno - Where are the acutal Features?

Author
Kneebone
K-H Light Industries
#1 - 2012-04-06 13:49:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Kneebone
After reading through the material on the Inferno Features website I'm not seeing any features, just nerfs.

T1 Loot drops? Nerf (Though not unexpected since they already nerfed T1 Large Guns)

Titan Combat? Nerf

Incursion Rewards? Nerf

The best nerf of them all is removing drone alloys. I agree with this, but come on guys, "Players no longer need a cargo holf full of alloys to make drones luctrative!" The alloys are what made Rogue Drones worth it to begin with. They were the only faction that dropped "bounties" that scaled with the market instead of being fixed.

Missle Turrets and Effects? Ok, nice feature, no real impact on game performance though. Damage Reduction Formula?

Buff/Debuff/Affects Window - Like other MMO's? Good, how about letting us customize the UI with useful add ons and mods like most other MMO UI's.

What are the new and exciting things about Inferno? This seems more like Crucible 1.7...
Sin Meng
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-04-06 13:50:55 UTC
This list is only for the April 24th escalation PATCH, not the true Inferno expansion which lands in May.

Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

supersexysucker
Uber Awesome Fantastico Awesomeness Group
#3 - 2012-04-06 13:51:54 UTC
What you expect, ccps trailers are BS and so are the notes and everything else... they likely saw the troll vid of what it COULD be... and are like... O ****... this EXP sucks balls like almost every other one.
Kneebone
K-H Light Industries
#4 - 2012-04-06 13:54:53 UTC
Sin Meng wrote:
This list is only for the April 24th escalation PATCH, not the true Inferno expansion which lands in May.

Yup, so how about the features for the Inferno Expansion being listed on the Inferno Expansion site! Not just the pre expansion patch.
Irisa Selenia
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-04-06 13:55:46 UTC
I want the expansion from that april fool's video.

Or maybe that volcanic sulfur has done too much brain damage?
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#6 - 2012-04-06 14:00:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
As they get closer to the actual expansion you will see more information released. They don't want to put things up there that may end up not making it into the expansion due to issues discovered during development.

Most of the "nerfs" you describe are actually long over due buffs to other area's of the game. T1 loot drops, as an example, are a boost for new industrial characters... and are just one more step in the journey to putting as much of the game content as possible in the hands of the players.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#7 - 2012-04-06 14:06:32 UTC
CCP needs to nerf warp drives of all ships to 0.001AU/s
This will be new awesome feature, so that a ship will need 5 min to warp to gates.
Cool
Kneebone
K-H Light Industries
#8 - 2012-04-06 14:09:31 UTC
I agree with the changes, but also see the bigger picture as well. The changes are already having a drastic market impact, especially on the mineral market. From the new player perspective Escalation will raise the initial ISK needed to get established. The price of high end minerals has already doubled. The costs of playing the game are rising, all of which can discourage new players even more.

I would like to see them tweak T1 frig, cruiser, entry level indy, and mining bardge hulls to lower their costs a bit to take some of the pressure and burden off new players.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#9 - 2012-04-06 14:18:47 UTC
But a new player also makes more ISK from mining, no?

Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#10 - 2012-04-06 14:22:26 UTC
... mineral prices going up... miner income goes up :)

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#11 - 2012-04-06 14:27:01 UTC
Not to mention they can actually make money now from manufacturing T1 goods from cheap BP's.

You need to remember that things now are far, far cheaper and the income across all levels of play is much higher than it used to be. The economy will find it's own level, and that includes the new player segment.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-04-06 14:31:19 UTC
Kneebone wrote:
After reading through the material on the Inferno Features website I'm not seeing any features, just nerfs.

T1 Loot drops? Nerf (Though not unexpected since they already nerfed T1 Large Guns)

Titan Combat? Nerf

Incursion Rewards? Nerf

The best nerf of them all is removing drone alloys. I agree with this, but come on guys, "Players no longer need a cargo holf full of alloys to make drones luctrative!" The alloys are what made Rogue Drones worth it to begin with. They were the only faction that dropped "bounties" that scaled with the market instead of being fixed.

Missle Turrets and Effects? Ok, nice feature, no real impact on game performance though. Damage Reduction Formula?

Buff/Debuff/Affects Window - Like other MMO's? Good, how about letting us customize the UI with useful add ons and mods like most other MMO UI's.

What are the new and exciting things about Inferno? This seems more like Crucible 1.7...

It's not a "nerf", it's a "balance". The balancing is the feature.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#13 - 2012-04-06 14:31:39 UTC
Kneebone wrote:

Titan Combat? Nerf

Incursion Rewards? Nerf

Blizzard said it themselves, customizable addons was the worst thing they ever done because its forcing players that 'addons' are required to play the game and that those with addons will always have an advantage over those who don't.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#14 - 2012-04-06 15:01:12 UTC
Kneebone wrote:
I agree with the changes, but also see the bigger picture as well. The changes are already having a drastic market impact, especially on the mineral market. From the new player perspective Escalation will raise the initial ISK needed to get established. The price of high end minerals has already doubled. The costs of playing the game are rising, all of which can discourage new players even more.

I would like to see them tweak T1 frig, cruiser, entry level indy, and mining bardge hulls to lower their costs a bit to take some of the pressure and burden off new players.

There are about a hundred affordable ships that nobody uses because ships like BSs are dirt cheap after insurance.

It's not a burden, it's more fun and dynamic when bigger hulls actually cost something substantial. When I started playing it took about 10x (seriously) the effort to afford ships, and I really do think it was more fun starting out that way. There are so many ships that just get skipped over these days...
Alxea
Unstable Pirate Sharks Of The Damed Sea
#15 - 2012-04-06 15:14:50 UTC
Kneebone wrote:

Titan Combat? Nerf

Incursion Rewards? Nerf

Watch fanfest 2012 then you'll know. Roll Texture ver 3 for amarr ships means graphics update, don't know if they will get to mimnitar for this exp tho. Wardec boost means nobody can run away from wars anymore. Faction warfare boost = more rewards and options to take systems. New bomber hulls. Missile launchers in inferno will be similar to turrets now with new missile spam/explosion effects. Can now see missiles and launchers. Sec status changes. Bounty hunting boosts. They also said they might put smuggling into inferno. The rest will be there plus new mods. You can also turn high sec warning boxes off when in highsec as default when suicide ganking. No more annoying popups after every kill. A lot of ship balancing.

If you don't watch fanfest on youtube your really missing out like totally!
Alxea
Unstable Pirate Sharks Of The Damed Sea
#16 - 2012-04-06 15:17:48 UTC
They also talk about ring mining.
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#17 - 2012-04-06 15:45:41 UTC
Alxea wrote:
They also talk about ring mining.

I thought that was for the winter expansion or even further down the track.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#18 - 2012-04-06 15:46:57 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:

Blizzard said it themselves, customizable addons was the worst thing they ever done because its forcing players that 'addons' are required to play the game and that those with addons will always have an advantage over those who don't.

Not to mention the fact it opens the door to botters wide open.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#19 - 2012-04-06 15:48:51 UTC
A number of the features announced at fanfest had specifics that were poorly thought out and were not well recieved by the people they would affect. Announcing what the final features of inferno are going to be at this point would be a pretty bad idea.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#20 - 2012-04-06 15:53:25 UTC
WarDec Overhaul - This is big for eve and will change the empire experience for sure. No more dec shields - can demand ransoms via the mechanic - can hire merc corps to defend via the mechanic - penalty charge and extra long timer to drop corp during war plus it's on your characters record - cost of dec based on size of target in terms of pilots

Crimewatch - New aggression mechanics game-wide. Can turn in officer and commander tags to up your sec status (from -10 to +5) - 2 levels of high sec crime: misdemeanors (anyone can shoot you but no police or CONCORD) and felon (CONCORDDOKKEN). Can flippers and looters flagged as misdemeanors now.

These are radical (for CCP) changes that haven't been touched really since this game was made. I think it's going to give the game a much needed shakeup... I mean these are foundational mechanics of the game!

Signatures should be used responsibly...

123Next page