These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drake changes and WHs

Author
Eso Es
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-04-06 05:18:38 UTC
So as I understand it, the Drake will be getting a change to its bonuses to something along the lines of a larger Caracal. I've just spent the last 3 weeks training up my skills to fly this thing and solo sites in a C2 WH, what do people think about these changes and the Drakes continued viability as a solo WH capable ship? Also, if it is looking like it will no longer be able to do these things, what are some alternatives to soloing C2 sites?
Black Dranzer
#2 - 2012-04-06 05:20:10 UTC
Eso Es
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-04-06 05:23:15 UTC
Black Dranzer wrote:
Any idea when this is happening?

It was talked about at Fanfest, beyond that and hearing about it on the Fly Reckless podcast I dont know much else.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#4 - 2012-04-06 05:50:43 UTC
Given that you can currently solo a c2 in a hurricane I very much doubt the new drake will be incapable of it.

In fact, looking at the proposed changes it might even be better at it.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Thalysia
The Ahool Guard
#5 - 2012-04-06 06:33:20 UTC
What are the proposed changes exactly. Didn't see too much (close to nothing) from Fanfest.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#6 - 2012-04-06 06:36:09 UTC
Thalysia wrote:
What are the proposed changes exactly. Didn't see too much (close to nothing) from Fanfest.

"CCP is considering giving it a more offensive role like Raven or Caracal where it would lose the shield resistance bonus and the 5% Kinetic damage bonus instead gain a rate of fire and a missile velocity bonus."

From the CSM minutes quite a while back, pretty sure this isn't set in stone though Smile

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Ya Huei
Imperial Collective
#7 - 2012-04-06 07:48:39 UTC
assuming you are caldari Cerebus and Tengu offcourse.

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#8 - 2012-04-06 07:51:19 UTC
Ya Huei wrote:
assuming you are caldari Cerebus and Tengu offcourse.

posting to confirm the three other races are totally gimped when flying these ships as well.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#9 - 2012-04-06 08:02:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Thalysia wrote:

"CCP is considering giving it a more offensive role like Raven or Caracal where it would lose the shield resistance bonus and the 5% Kinetic damage bonus instead gain a rate of fire and a missile velocity bonus."

From the CSM minutes quite a while back, pretty sure this isn't set in stone though Smile

I sure hope it's not set in stone! It's a horrible idea!

The whole point of the Drake is it's tank. Bringing it in line with the Raven and the Caracal means bringing it in line with two ships that are pretty bad to begin with (ok they have their uses but it's extremely limited).

Let the Drake keep it defensive role and if CCP wants to give the Caldari a better offensive allrounder, buff the Ferox!

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-04-06 08:06:01 UTC
Doesn't sound that bad or like a real nerf. I'd consider it an adjustment to the "just tank 'em all" approach some do for missioning and other stuff. If you're playing offensive already, it's more like an actual buff.

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#11 - 2012-04-06 08:12:52 UTC
The change that will impact drakes the most is the cost to build them. 6 months ago I was selling them for 27 mil, now I need 52 mil just to build themLol

And I am expecting at least another 40% more added onto the build cost soom(tm)
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#12 - 2012-04-06 08:53:27 UTC
C2 should still be possible :) depending on fit... I recall being able to do even some easy class 4 sites with a passive Drake when wormholes first came out... but its been a long time since I been in a wormhole :) back when I did them was before the buff to neuts... I did class 3-4 with 3 battleships with remote reps, or sometimes 2 abadons and a single guardian... and when I became richer 2 Paladins and a guardian :) only got attacked 1 time back then by a pilgrim while waiting for my guardian to come into the wormhole... he engaged my two paladins... I then webd him with 2x90% webs and popped him before he realised he was dieing

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
#13 - 2012-04-06 09:01:35 UTC
The ROF bonus actually increases dps, too.
At level 5, a damage bonus increases dps by 25%, while a ROF bonus increases it by 33%.

Yes, it's weird.
Dps = damage / time

100dps = 100 damage / 1 second
133dps = 100 damage / 0.75 seconds
TriadSte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-04-06 09:13:53 UTC
Tobiaz wrote:
Let the Drake keep it defensive role and if CCP wants to give the Caldari a better offensive allrounder, buff the Ferox!

The ferox is a very under rated ship nowadays, more poeple should fly them they have wicked resists plenty of hitpoints and very nice DPS.
Shin Dari
Covert Brigade
#15 - 2012-04-06 09:19:15 UTC

A missile velocity bonus would be pretty useless. But I don't mind a ROF bonus.
Oxandrolone
Interstellar Enterprise Inc.
Collapsed Out.
#16 - 2012-04-06 09:20:34 UTC
i hope you guys can find something else to run c2's with, preferably something with a large align time. battleship maybe?
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#17 - 2012-04-06 09:21:48 UTC
TriadSte wrote:
Tobiaz wrote:

The ferox is a very under rated ship nowadays, more poeple should fly them they have wicked resists plenty of hitpoints and very nice DPS.

Meh its under used for a reason, but I think once tiericide is done it will be decent

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Arthur Frayn
V.O.F.L IRON CORE
#18 - 2012-04-06 09:31:33 UTC
Shin Dari wrote:

A missile velocity bonus would be pretty useless. But I don't mind a ROF bonus.

Not for assauilt missiles. 650 dps ham drake at 40km range will nerf your opinion.