These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Jita scammers

Author
Ivan Dedalus
Quam Singulari Industry
#1 - 2012-04-06 01:53:07 UTC
Can you please employ some one to sit in Jita and ban or at least mute the scammer's. How many noobs quit over it how much money does it cost ccp.

Perhaps Jita really should burn...........
supersexysucker
Uber Awesome Fantastico Awesomeness Group
#2 - 2012-04-06 01:53:52 UTC
Awwww tell us how much you lost to a legit thing to do in the gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Ivan Dedalus
Quam Singulari Industry
#3 - 2012-04-06 01:54:06 UTC
And no i have not been scamed but i do sit in jita trading. And if the system was scam free i could perhaps use local to trade.
Ivan Dedalus
Quam Singulari Industry
#4 - 2012-04-06 01:55:12 UTC
supersexysucker wrote:
Awwww tell us how much you lost to a legit thing to do in the gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Its only legit because ccp are to lazy to do anything about it.
Ivan Dedalus
Quam Singulari Industry
#5 - 2012-04-06 01:57:18 UTC
Not to mention allot of the scams are automated bots spamming contracts that then sell isk for real money
Killer Gandry
Fenghuang Corporation
#6 - 2012-04-06 01:58:32 UTC
Nope, scamming is legal, the only thing that could be illegal is if someone was using a macro or something to post the scams in local over and over.

Best someone could do from CCP is run a program to detect the automated messages.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#7 - 2012-04-06 01:58:50 UTC
Ivan Dedalus wrote:
supersexysucker wrote:

Its only legit because ccp are to lazy to do anything about it.

Funny, I trade in Jita all the time and never even use local. Except to chat when I'm bored, the spam goes away after a few minutes of blocking anyway.

Just out of interest though, what would you use local for? People buying/selling will likely not listen to you unless you are undercutting the market by a significant amount.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#8 - 2012-04-06 02:03:17 UTC
Ivan Dedalus wrote:
And no i have not been scamed but i do sit in jita trading. And if the system was scam free i could perhaps use local to trade.

Let me rephrase that for you. "If no one else were spamming their marketing messages into Local, then I could spam my marketing messages into Local."
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#9 - 2012-04-06 02:04:05 UTC
Jita has local? Shocked

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#10 - 2012-04-06 02:05:08 UTC
Soon the flood of scams will be replaced by other, more plentiful and disturbing, local spam.

Questionable URLs and iterations of "Fofo" to commence soonTM.

See Jita local for details.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Killer Gandry
Fenghuang Corporation
#11 - 2012-04-06 02:06:23 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Soon the flood of scams will be replaced by other, more plentiful and disturbing, local spam.

Questionable URLs and iterations of "Fofo" to commence soonTM.

See Jita local for details.

About time you damn CFC Nullbears came to a more dangerous system.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#12 - 2012-04-06 02:07:20 UTC
Jita has local?

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Hroya
#13 - 2012-04-06 02:08:35 UTC
What is Jita ? isnt Ammamake the place to be to get the most bang for your buck ?

You go your corridor but.

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#14 - 2012-04-06 02:22:02 UTC
Hroya wrote:
What is Jita ? isnt Ammamake the place to be to get the most bang for your buck ?

It's certainly the best place for smartbombing titans on the gate.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#15 - 2012-04-06 03:23:39 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement

Free spam clearing service. Ask at a local near you.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#16 - 2012-04-06 03:25:08 UTC
fofofofo

It's just that easy. And it just keeps coming.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-04-06 03:27:38 UTC
Confirming Jita Burn will clear spam.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-04-06 05:12:50 UTC
though i agree the local spam is excessive.. idc if it is a scam or not... at least clear the bots out if they exist in jita still..
Black Dranzer
#19 - 2012-04-06 05:17:09 UTC
Honestly, I don't know how to feel about the Jita scammers. Part of me wants them gone because I'd like to see Jita Local actually become a sort of public discussion chat place thing, but if you try imposing rules, the scammers will just move out of system into the surrounding systems, and then you'll have the Jita problem in every system surrounding Jita. And you can't really ban the scammers for scamming without setting a lot of awkward precedences.

I'd like to see more rigid spam regulation more than anything else, really. But that'd require enforcement, and enforcement takes time and resources which may be better spent elsewhere. So, I don't know.
Adunh Slavy
#20 - 2012-04-06 05:34:31 UTC
Give me one like on this post and I'll give you two back.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

123Next page