These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Top Things you Dislike about EVE (Constructive Criticism)

Author
PointlessWitch
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-09-26 20:08:26 UTC  |  Edited by: PointlessWitch
My first "Grids my gears" thread.
I'm hoping CCP will see a new group of "small things".

WARNING: This topic is opinionated and your just wasting time arguing.

• No 'Ship Maintenance Array' Divisions
  • No Corporate Hangar log
  • Ships randomly exploding when you store them in Ship Arrays.
  • POS' don't have individual rights (you give someone the Config Starbase Equipment role and they can screw with ALL corporate POS.)

• Corporate Roles system is too expanded (there should be much more narrowed down positions).
  • --- Roles should be broken down into rights.
    --- * Communications Officer is broken down into: Chats, EVE Mails, Mailing Lists, Bulletins, and Alliance Mailing
    --- * Accountant is broken down into: Pay Bills, View Bills, View Accounts
    --- * Starbase Config Equipment is broken down into: Access Arrays, Access Fuel Bay, Anchor, Unanchor, Online, Offline.

• No easier way to distribute bookmarks (They are coordinates, not items. Make them coordinates. Who cares if people can make super awesome safe spots.)

• Fleet 'Loot' log is screwed up. (items shouldn't be showing up 3 or 4 times when only 1 exists)
  • Can't move items in a POS when your in a pod (what kind of a Nerf is this!?)

What am i missing?

HIGHLIGHTED DISLIKES
I may edit your words a bit to reduce the character count.

Barakkus
+9001 * Corporation Interface is a mess.
+1 * The UI in general and lack of ability to customize it much.
+1 * Faction navy agresssion mechanics in highsec in regards to gcc and timers. It's just all messed up and buggy as ****.

Seleia O'Sinnor
+1 * bookmarks not being highlighted when selected in places while in solar map view and scanning
* renaming of containers at a pos has to be done by anchoring it. this is insane.
+1 * not be able to open containers in hangars at a POS
+1 * be able to give names to some pos modules and some others cannot be named
+1 * hangar names are all the same in every module, would be nice to name them individually in every module
+1 * copying bookmarks: why only 5 at a time?
+1 * bookmarks are "slow" as hell, opening a container/hangar with 10 bookmarks in it could take as much as 30 seconds
+1 * not being able to lock a target within the force field of a pos and repair shields/armor/hull
+1 * setting up a pos is a burning white pain: queuing of anchoring would be fine
+1 * moving pos modules for anchoring: let the arrowed cube stay the same size indepent of the current zoom, like for scanning probes
+1 * lack of corp bookmarks

Obsidian Hawk
+1 * corp / alliance interface
+1 * a lack of alliance hangers at towers.
+1 * no alliance labs.

Tyrhineld Malukker
+1 * CCP's attitude towards players (hopefully changing as per their dev blogs)
+1 * Capital warfare & nullsec are not balanced (not from personal experience)

Jokerface666
+1 * Corporation / Alliance permissions are a pain in the ass
+1 * POS management is a pain in the ASS

Kunming
! +1 * Super capitals - Do I even need to explain this, they killed any fun that you could have in 0.0 and to some extend low sec
! +1 * RMT - Legal or illegal it is destroying the purpose of conflict, hence destroying the game
! +1 * BOTs - This is a big problem, and not one that can be solved easily since CCPs revenue stream is connected to it
! +1 * POS - Scrapyard in space, CCP could have done a single structures with modular attachments that enhance functionality
! +1 * Moon Goo - Passive income is fine, passive income so high that you can practically finance super capital fleets with it is game breaking, this connects to #1&2 as well
+1 * Overview bugs - Im sick of overview bugs, CCP do it pls its been many years
+1 * Jita - Yulai was dismissed because it was clear a central market hub was not what we wanted, Jita is even worse than Yulai
+1 * Gallente - I miss the good old "melt-your-face-with-plasma" style combat of blasters
+1 * Bad interfaces - Corp interface (I dont know about the alliance one, probably just as bad), and many other interfaces need to be redone IMO
+1 * The community - Well nothing you can do about this, but the community used to be more mature, and we used to have discussions with real arguements rather than just flame/troll wars like now

Tippia
+1 * The UI. Yes, all of it, but in particular anything that has to do with corp and S&I management.
+1 * The general lack of settings and options (or, really, CCP's phobia of including options).
+1 * The many abandoned ships with poorly or non-defined roles (including the tier system and other early-era artifacts).
+1 * …I suppose the unrealistic and occasionally bone-headed optimism of CCP when it comes to implementing new features.
+1 * …and their almost pathological and institutionalised inability to communicate.
+11111111 * the lack of a Roden Myrmidon. {I WANT ONE}
Barakkus
#2 - 2011-09-26 20:13:59 UTC
Corporation Interface is just a huge mess.

The UI in general and lack of ability to customize it much.

Faction navy agresssion mechanics in highsec in regards to gcc and timers. It's just all messed up and buggy as ****.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#3 - 2011-09-26 20:21:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Seleia O'Sinnor
* bookmarks not being highlighted on the solar map when selected in places
* renaming of containers at a pos has to be done by anchoring it. this is insane.
* not be able to open containers in hangars at a pos
* be able to give names to some pos modules and some others cannot be named
* hangar names are all the same in every module, would be nice to name them individually in every module
* copying bookmarks: why only 5 at a time?
* bookmarks are "slow" as hell, opening a container/hangar with 10 bookmarks in it could take as much as 30 seconds
* not being able to lock a target within the force field of a pos and repair shields/armor/hull
* setting up a pos is a burning white pain: queuing of anchoring would be fine
* moving pos modules for anchoring: let the arrowed cube stay the same size indepent of the current zoom, like for scanning probes
* lack of corp bookmarks

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
RONA Directorate
#4 - 2011-09-26 20:21:24 UTC
Lack of mitnal style moderation on forums. If we had that there would be no whining.

oh and the corp / alliance interface

an lack of alliance hangers at towers.

and alliance labs.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Lois Chenet
Banana Airlines
#5 - 2011-09-26 20:25:53 UTC
Local.

What have I become?

Tyrhineld Malukker
Games Inc.
#6 - 2011-09-26 20:26:54 UTC
Top things I dislike about EVE:

1 - Corporations are allowed to wardec Chribba.

2 - CCP's attitude towards players (hopefully changing as per their dev blogs)

3 - Capital warfare & nullsec are not balanced (not from personal experience)

“…no man ever understands quite his own artful dodges to escape from the grim shadow of self-knowledge.” - Joseph Conrad

Jokerface666
Intergalactic Expeditionary Corp
#7 - 2011-09-26 20:27:31 UTC
Jita 4-4.... not kidding... i hate it!
Corporation / Alliance permissions are a pain in the ass
POS management is a pain in the ASS
PointlessWitch
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-09-26 20:40:23 UTC
keep em coming, i'm loving the collaboration of words here.

I know 3 things for sure so far.
* No one likes how corporations work
* No one likes how POS structures work, and;
* No one likes how CCP is working on eve right now.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2011-09-26 20:48:40 UTC
Too many pubbies.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Kunming
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#10 - 2011-09-26 20:55:31 UTC
1) Super capitals - Do I even need to explain this, they killed any fun that you could have in 0.0 and to some extend low sec
2) RMT - Legal or illegal it is destroying the purpose of conflict, hence destroying the game
3) BOTs - This is a big problem, and not one that can be solved easily since CCPs revenue stream is connected to it
4) POS - Scrapyard in space, CCP could have done a single structures with modular attachments that enhance functionality
5) Moon Goo - Passive income is fine, passive income so high that you can practically finance super capital fleets with it is game breaking, this connects to #1&2 as well

These first 5 are game breaking and could have been in any order really, the other are just annoyances.

6) Overview bugs - Im sick of overview bugs, CCP do it pls its been many years
7) Jita - Yulai was dismissed because it was clear a central market hub was not what we wanted, Jita is even worse than Yulai
8) Gallente - I miss the good old "melt-your-face-with-plasma" style combat of blasters
9) Bad interfaces - Corp interface (I dont know about the alliance one, probably just as bad), and many other interfaces need to be redone IMO
10) The community - Well nothing you can do about this, but the community used to be more mature, and we used to have discussions with real arguements rather than just flame/troll wars like now
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#11 - 2011-09-26 21:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Ten? Phew…

The UI. Yes, all of it, but in particular anything that has to do with corp and S&I management.
The general lack of settings and options (or, really, CCP's phobia of including options).
The far too high security of high security space.
The many abandoned ships with poorly or non-defined roles (including the tier system and other early-era artefacts).

…I suppose the unrealistic and occasionally bone-headed optimism of CCP when it comes to implementing new features.
…and their almost pathological and institutionalised inability to communicate.

Oh, and the lack of a Roden Myrmidon.

Also, while I most certainly understand the game-breaking properties of RMT and bots and supers that others list, they don't get up my nose enough in my current situation to really qualify as a “top dislike” — more as a “grumble, grumble, annoyance”.
Wolfcan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-09-26 21:59:37 UTC
Painfully, painfully boring missions. Rince and repeat. If you are going to offer missions, at least make them compelling. A few more wouldn't help. Much more mission arcs required. The mission grind is much, much worse than WoW.
Eternum Praetorian
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2011-09-26 22:05:49 UTC
The fact that the op's post is not top on the list of things to do.
In a game were we supposedly have representatives... why are we not having these issues addressed?

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Froz3nEcho Sarain
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2011-09-26 22:11:07 UTC
Community being a bunch of whiners that only complain instead of praising the few things that CCP does right. Like giving ship spinning back to a bunch of whiners.

And for the sake of this thread.

They should fix the gap of stuff to do between low skilled characters and med skilled characters.

[i]~ When everything fades away, an echo is the only sound that will remain ~   ~ Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds ~[/i]

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
Just let it happen
#15 - 2011-09-26 22:16:49 UTC
Trolls
Griefers
Hate

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2011-09-26 23:23:58 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Trolls
Griefers
Hate

You must be thinking of a different game. There are no trolls here.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Maxpie
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#17 - 2011-09-27 00:25:53 UTC
Lack of follow through really. Bugs still around since I started some 6 years ago. Unfinished ideas. Abandoned ideas. As many have said, rather than add new stuff, fix the stuff that's here first. Then take the time, listen to the feedback from the test server, and release polished content.

Also, I hate the idea of the CQ. Send me a beta invite and I'll playtest your new game, no charge. Don't stick it into a game I pay for.

Nex store. For obvious reason.

No good deed goes unpunished

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2011-09-27 00:34:38 UTC
- Drones: all of them, randomly targeting and attacking targets not designated by the pilot, as well as stopping randomly. Affects all drones (lights, mediums, heavies, sentries, fighters, FBs

- POSs: the science and industry button and selection for construction etc needs a complete overhaul, IMO each module needs one tab for every corp member, or have the option for the CEO to create a tab for a corp member in all modules.

Bookmarks: Needs a 'Copy' and 'Add to bookmarks' function.

Nothing too big or reinvention of the wheel, just tweaks.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Ayuren Aakiwa
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-09-27 00:54:30 UTC
-Terribly boring PvE
-No real meaningful small gang pvp
-The whole botting and RMT thing
-That 'incarna' thing
-Null sec being dominated by huge power blocs
-CCPs attitude post incarna
-and all of the unfinished aspects of the game, why implement something that's not even complete?
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#20 - 2011-09-27 02:44:12 UTC
only a few things

1. no content for the solo player

2. The constant whinging and bitching from the peanut gallery

I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
12Next page