These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

I finished EVE so im done? Solo Mission Runner - no real choice

First post
Author
Lady Go Diveher
Doomheim
#61 - 2011-09-21 15:29:14 UTC
A "blob" is self defined.

If you bring 6 to kill 4, because one of those 4 is a Falcon, are you blobbing?

Common sense will tell you that the fight is near enough even - yet if the smaller side loses, they will "LOL U NEED TO BLOB TROLOLOL"

If you're engaging larger forces deliberately, or not engaging on your terms, then you have already failed and the number of people on your lossmail means ****-all.
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#62 - 2011-09-21 16:21:47 UTC
Goose99 wrote:

So many words just to say nothing.Roll

Yeah, Eve changed because worthwhile people left - the trend to mmo's lifespan...


Posting just to post at this point eh?
malfoy
Harabec inc
#63 - 2011-09-21 17:10:58 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Goose99 wrote:

So many words just to say nothing.Roll

Yeah, Eve changed because worthwhile people left - the trend to mmo's lifespan...


Posting just to post at this point eh?


dunkofs.
malfoy
Harabec inc
#64 - 2011-09-21 17:23:04 UTC
new back but i'm probably repeating what others suggested but shouldnt that main screen in my quarters be streaming live footage? news is good but live would be better



wow eve has come on in a long way from the days i used to group warp to mining ops. and it;s got a long way to go yet.
Pookoko
Sigma Sagittarii Inc.
#65 - 2011-09-21 17:50:51 UTC
Try solo PvP. It's a challenge, but it is do-able & very rewarding once you get hang of it. You will still lose ships but when you do, it would have been a more exciting experience than losing your ship because you were primaried in a blob warfare. You will think about how you might have piloted differently to win the engagement or save your ship at least, and over the months and years it all adds up. Gate camps are avoidable too once you get hang of it, especially in low-sec you would have to be unlucky/run against a very good camp to lose your ship at gate. This sounds unrealistic when you hear it now, but trust me you will get there. Also, once you start to PvP suddenly every single ship in EvE starts to look interesting. PvE setups are all about efficiency but PvP setups tend to be situational and you can get a lot more creative with your choice of modules and piloting tactics = more solo fun for you.

I enjoy solo-play very much, both PvE and PvP. Don't bracket a half of the solo-gaming content as offlimits. There is absolutely no reason why it should be that way.

Pookoko
Sigma Sagittarii Inc.
#66 - 2011-09-21 18:02:05 UTC
Goose99 wrote:
mxzf wrote:

And anyone can do solo PvP if you are smart and choose your targets well. No, you might not always win like you will against rats, but where's the fun in that anyways? There are plenty of solo PvPers out there, it's not just blobs galaxy-wide 23/7, you just have to be willing to go look for targets and fly smart.


The problem is what you consider to be "pvp" and the traditional definition of pvp. Cloaky Proteus ganking a unsuspecting transport does not fit the traditional definition, where both sides have the capability to fight. It's just gank. And no, not all of us get off on wandering for hours and then get a free and challenge-less kill.Roll


I disagree. There's a lot of nano-canes, nano-drakes, AFs and faction frigs/cruisers flyiing about. The popularity of nano-ships and setups like nano-cane & nano drake, dual/tripple rep myrmidons and solo-roaming cynabals is a testament to the fact that there are still lots of people who fly solo.
Orlacc
#67 - 2011-09-21 18:07:48 UTC
To get back to the OP. If all you want to do is run missions, there are other games more suited to that. Please go play them

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
Shoot First.
#68 - 2011-09-21 22:20:22 UTC  |  Edited by: FloppieTheBanjoClown
Exploration is the only PvE I can bear to do. I did it solo and made a lot of friends along the way.

If you don't want to do that, Incursions might be for you. Learn to fit properly for them and just go the Incursion and find a fleet.

edit: Some of the recon ships make for GREAT solo PVP.

Aside from all that, I keep odd hours and have been able to find plenty of groups that I can work with.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
Shoot First.
#69 - 2011-09-21 22:22:37 UTC
Orlacc wrote:
To get back to the OP. If all you want to do is run missions, there are other games more suited to that. Please go play them

No. If he's willing to pay $15 a month to run missions in Eve, by all means he should stick around. Mostly because he likes it and there's nothing wrong with that, but also because it helps support Eve and gives people like me the opportunity for profit. I like missionbears, they're good for my wallet.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Spineker
#70 - 2011-09-22 21:03:24 UTC
Emperor Salazar wrote:
Vanguarder wrote:
I can only solo, play times and other factors have made that clear to me over my 5 years of time with EVE.

High sec missions are boring, i've done them all many times.

The difference between 0.5 and 0.4 means you might as well build a brick wall.

As a solo'er I have no choice but to come to the conclusion CCP is not interested in supporting solo game play, progress or development, as shown by the amount of effort put into it since EVE came out.

one or two new missions, just the same old with different text, hardly makes progress.

Seriously, short of joining a corp, which I can't do, I have done all that I can do and guess i'm done?


Massive MULTIPLAYER Online Game.

Do you need further explanation?



That is always such a lame thing to say. Just because there are MASSIVE amounts of people nothing in that states you must group up with them or play with them from the time you log on till you log off. It is ignorant to even make the statement that MMO means grouping with other people. It means simply many people playing the same game in the same world at the same time. There is no GROUP CORP ALLIANCE GUILD in MMO.

Interaction doesn't mean you have to be in a group or guild or corp or anything else. MMO doesn't mean playing Solo is wrong. Pure ignorance.
Spineker
#71 - 2011-09-22 21:08:43 UTC
Also considering the horrible player corps in this game which 95%+ fall under only way I would play this game is solo. I have done all the 0.0 stutter death pod wake up in the station warfare also and it is boring waste of time.

There are more than missions though to do solo. Trade, exploration, PVP, cosmos et al.
Kadesh Priestess
Goryn Clade
#72 - 2011-09-23 07:26:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
Vanguarder wrote:
Yes, I have a narrow focus in EVE and I have finished all I can do, so I'm done i guess.


[ ] Solo PvP
[ ] Solo Industry
[ ] Solo L5 missions
[ ] Solo WH PvE (possible up to c4 afaik)
[ ] Solo exploration

(solo = 1 window)

If you stopped at l4s - what you're doing here is actually complaining about lack of the skill.
Mercurye
Siesta Inc.
#73 - 2011-09-23 11:32:31 UTC

Hi OP ^^

I had the same reaction as you to the game, although a lot of the 6 years I played was on and off, so no,I havent grinded thousands of missions, but you don't need to to feel burned out

What I did was trying my hand at solo exploration in low and null sec and I did so in a Tengu,,,and yes, this was a totally new challenge to me: evading hostile, scanning, learning and documenting the sites you did and eventually running into something you're shocked by, like a 10/10 complex (Serp Provincial HQ, Final Escalation with Privateer Admiral Heysus....I eventually got him down, hardest thing I did in EVE :\ ) and being on the brink of dieing every second you're not careful enough ^^

I also try solo PvP, with limited succes, and yes, even carebears like you and me can do it with some will and research. I died a lot , made a few kills and lost tons of ISK already in a month ( A Legion with a confused fit...oh dear, oh dear, baddie detected Straight)

I'm no longer bored by the game now, I actually feel I have to walk on my toes each time I do one of these things and I am happy to learn something new even if the shame of my last ship loss or a bad engagement is almost unbearable Oops

Hope you'll find some new inspiration.....and if everything just fails, watch the flowers and the bees outside, calm little distraction :)

Barakkus
#74 - 2011-09-26 20:07:22 UTC
Cambarus wrote:
Have you considered soloing vanguard sites? It's quite a bit more challenging than running level 4s :D


This ^^

It requires about a 5 bil setup, but totally do-able if you know what you're doing.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Goose99
#75 - 2011-09-27 03:40:22 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
Cambarus wrote:
Have you considered soloing vanguard sites? It's quite a bit more challenging than running level 4s :D


This ^^

It requires about a 5 bil setup, but totally do-able if you know what you're doing.


At max skills, implants and boosters, it's possible to do with t2 fit loki. Sig tank. Don't expect to get paid solo though, lol.
Shadow Mancer
Sentinels of Lunacy
Apocalypse Now.
#76 - 2011-09-27 05:32:57 UTC
Lady Go Diveher wrote:
Mission runners aren't a problem, nor should they be catered for.

They come. They grind. They fail to grasp any initiative. They leave. The next batch come.

Eve has always been intended to be a sandbox game, and to that end, the "goal" is for the majority to live in nullsec. Ergo, why all the development ideas are centering around 0.0 development and fixes.


I think you might be mistaken here, null sec life has turned very bad these days. By the majority living in null sec, you mean null = Moscow, because major alliance players are Russians these days, dun believe me, try installing a POS and Sov Claim unit somewhere in 0,0 Russians will come destroy it.

When we had ASCN, BOB, FIX, Nothern Coallitions, ect. there was ballance. Right now we have Goons, RA, More RA, RA's pets (Legion of Death), DFR with like over 100 titans and more supercaps. Essentially I think null sec is near impossible for new players to enjoy.

As for the OP complaining, i'm amazed that there are people who join eve for solo, it's MMMMMMMMMORPG for a reason.
You can do missions, incursions, wormhole, explorations, chatting, nothing or trading.