These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DEC SHIELD - Now Closed

First post
Author
Hambonie
Perkone
Caldari State
#261 - 2012-03-18 20:55:09 UTC
Lady Spink wrote:
Hambonie wrote:
Eve isn't about fair fights and having risk free gaming experience. The main problem I see with the dec shield mechanic is the inability to destroy assests like POSs and etc. Because of CCPs failed policy the game is turning from a sandbox into a stagnate marshland.

Why would you kill a pos that is still used by someone? that is not nice...

If you find a pos that is not being used, the corp would not use Dec Shield to prevent a war.

Besides that, if you have some guts you should gank a pos..... poofta!

You do it because some people don't do remote research and it's nice when you pop a pos and T2 bpos fall out

"Soldiers don't die, they just go to hell to regroup"

-Im a anti anti pirate with a carebear side-

T'Pawhl
Doomheim
#262 - 2012-03-18 21:14:05 UTC
Quote:
Because of CCPs failed policy the game is turning from a sandbox into a stagnate marshland.

EVE has been stagnant for years. Making the game more user-friendly has actually boosted subscription numbers; there is a strong, direct, positive correlation with the softening of EVE and the rise in subscriptions. If anything, it has reinvigorated EVE.
Lady Aja
#263 - 2012-03-19 05:48:37 UTC
I seen corps get over 50% of thier kills from dec shield.

pay 2m isk, get a weeks free war dec on corps leaving dec shield daily.
where is my ability to link a sig properly CCP you munters!!
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#264 - 2012-03-19 09:44:00 UTC
Lady Aja wrote:

You pay more to dec an alliance.
Ubiquitous Forum Alt
#265 - 2012-03-19 13:47:17 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:
Lady Aja wrote:

You pay more to dec an alliance.

Actually you pay 2m isk to dec a CORP - get the CORP to run to dec shield - let dec shield set the war MUTUAL - and enjoy your free permanent war-dec against the ALLIANCE.....

Its really not all that complicated....You could probably even do it with your own alt corp (if you don't mind ruining the alt corp's alliance history)

I don't log in - I don't need to. My very existence griefs people. They see my name, and they instinctively fill with rage and indignation. Deny it all you want - but if you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted, would you?

Daniel Dalegor
Federal Freight Service
#266 - 2012-03-20 23:40:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniel Dalegor
Hambonie wrote:
Daniel Dalegor wrote:
Im very happy about this alliance and ability to shake off what us dont interest. If someone want PvP let he go to low sec and search for equal fight. :)

Eve isn't about fair fights and having risk free gaming experience. The main problem I see with the dec shield mechanic is the inability to destroy assests like POSs and etc. Because of CCPs failed policy the game is turning from a sandbox into a stagnate marshland.

1) Fighting in low sec should be without any negative hits. Its outlaw zone. If you create there POS because you dont want to earn standing to faction to settle in high sec? It will be your problem to defend it on your own.
2) Fighting in high sec should be with HUGE impact to security status and factions standing under what live target corporation. Today war declarations are TO EASY. And people dont even want to be pirates in outlaw zones if they can so easy declare war in high sec and bully around rookies.
3) If corporation join to militia, should have immunite to any war declarations. Because they already fight for they faction, and risk on they own vs enemy militia.
4) Casus Belli system, few tight rules who give you right to declare war to someone without any problem in high sec.

Four simple points, and all war declarations will be logic. So even dec shields will not be need.
Ubiquitous Forum Alt
#267 - 2012-03-21 14:51:11 UTC
Daniel Dalegor wrote:
Hambonie wrote:
Daniel Dalegor wrote:
Im very happy about this alliance and ability to shake off what us dont interest. If someone want PvP let he go to low sec and search for equal fight. :)

1) Fighting in low sec should be without any negative hits. Its outlaw zone. If you create there POS because you dont want to earn standing to faction to settle in high sec? It will be your problem to defend it on your own.
2) Fighting in high sec should be with HUGE impact to security status and factions standing under what live target corporation. Today war declarations are TO EASY. And people dont even want to be pirates in outlaw zones if they can so easy declare war in high sec and bully around rookies.
3) If corporation join to militia, should have immunite to any war declarations. Because they already fight for they faction, and risk on they own vs enemy militia.
4) Casus Belli system, few tight rules who give you right to declare war to someone without any problem in high sec.

Four simple points, and all war declarations will be logic. So even dec shields will not be need.

I could go with war deccing a FW corp automatically war-deccing their NPC faction as well perhaps.....

But making it illegal to wardec them at all would be ridiculously ********....

I don't log in - I don't need to. My very existence griefs people. They see my name, and they instinctively fill with rage and indignation. Deny it all you want - but if you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted, would you?

Borun Tal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#268 - 2012-03-21 23:20:23 UTC
The DecShield appears to be causing a great deal of griefer tears... Keep up the good work!! Twisted
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#269 - 2012-03-22 13:12:48 UTC
Thank you Dec shield!
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#270 - 2012-03-23 18:28:38 UTC
This is our chance gentlemen. Tomorrow morning at 12:00 GMT fanfest has a panel featuring wardecs in particular. Alas I will not be there to speak on behalf of our cause, but some of you might be.

I strongly urge you to speak up and insist that Dec Shield tactics be made illegal, and ask for CCP to change mechanics to prevent the obvious abuse we've been inflicting upon the game.

By this time tomorrow we'll have helped 315 corporations escape legit wardecs. We'll also be in 55 wars. The use of Dec Shield has only been accelerating, and we've been accepting 3-4 corporations a day now.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Dec_Shield/corporations

THE ABUSE NEEDS TO STOP.

Ask CCP why they reversed the rule about alliance hopping to wipe wardecs.
Ask CCP why they've allowed me to continue this obvious abuse.
Ask CCP specifically how they intend to prevent this abuse in the future.

Every time we hear the phrase "Dec Shield" mentioned over the livestream we will be taking shots. If I'm not suffering from alcohol poisoning by the end then I'll know our cause has failed. Do justice, end the abuse.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1111/DecShield.jpg
T'Pawhl
Doomheim
#271 - 2012-03-24 01:46:58 UTC  |  Edited by: T'Pawhl
Quote:
THE ABUSE NEEDS TO STOP.

The funny thing is, the only abusing happening is coming from you.

You spam your advertisement all over the place... no duh the "use has been accelerating".

Before nobody even cared, and things would have been fine.

But because you just can't stand not having the game your way, you have to agitate.

Guess what:

EVE Online isn't about you.

If someone wants to dump 1 billion ISK and over a month of training to create a dec shield for themselves... they deserve to use it.
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#272 - 2012-03-24 11:09:18 UTC
T'Pawhl wrote:
Quote:
THE ABUSE NEEDS TO STOP.

The funny thing is, the only abusing happening is coming from you.

You spam your advertisement all over the place... no duh the "use has been accelerating".

Before nobody even cared, and things would have been fine.

But because you just can't stand not having the game your way, you have to agitate.

Guess what:

EVE Online isn't about you.

If someone wants to dump 1 billion ISK and over a month of training to create a dec shield for themselves... they deserve to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev1Vsnf6LGs
Myz Toyou
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#273 - 2012-03-24 12:42:19 UTC
Goodbye DEC Shield Lol Welcome tears.
Kapitain Zino
Doomheim
#274 - 2012-03-28 12:50:32 UTC
Great Service - thank you DEC Shield!
Kapitain Zino
Doomheim
#275 - 2012-03-28 13:00:31 UTC
Great service - thank you DEC Shield!
Kapitain Zino
Doomheim
#276 - 2012-03-28 16:46:30 UTC
Sry for double post!
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#277 - 2012-04-01 04:40:20 UTC
Think I read something somewhere about posting full character names in chat logs and evemail not being allowed.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Gevlin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#278 - 2012-04-02 01:46:43 UTC
so i guess your mechanic will change in the next expansion as a

"We are a Free Ally" in the new wardec system

POS saves will now service to be provided in high sec

hope this keeps you flying high!

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

Knee Garlips
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#279 - 2012-04-02 02:02:07 UTC
my lips are huge and so is this post. bring the sandbox back. CCP stop selling the sand that was in the box.
Callista Nueva
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#280 - 2012-04-03 10:01:51 UTC
''You must be this tall to survive this dungeon'' *Water rises ...*

Just because i see things in a differant viewpoint does not make me paranoid it makes me a bit obsolete in the majorities views.

Aand i do love the thought of Using repair drones as bait O: