These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Best ship for regaining sec in Guristas space

Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#1 - 2012-04-01 21:07:02 UTC
So, the classic tactic of kill 1 BS in a system, then move to the next, in order to get sec back up as expiditiously as possible.

I'm looking for a combination of speed/agility reasonable Kin/Therm DPS, I was thinking maybe a Daredevil, as the combination of ~340 DPS and 4Km/s is rather attractive. Anyone had any recent experience of using these for this task?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-04-01 21:49:00 UTC
Yup DD or Enyo works fine.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#3 - 2012-04-02 05:08:19 UTC
Look up the Caldari ship lineup - any of those will do great.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#4 - 2012-04-02 08:52:05 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Look up the Caldari ship lineup - any of those will do great.

Caldari ships with enough DPS to kill a BS rat in a reasonable time tend to be pretty bad about being fast enough to burn to gate if you jump into a bubble

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#5 - 2012-04-02 16:04:05 UTC
I find that the good ship 'Friendship' works wonders in a case like this.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#6 - 2012-04-02 16:20:22 UTC
SBs also work well if you use them right (AB+MSE fit with no bomb launcher works quite well). They also have the advantage of warping cloaked and being far cheaper than a DD. Any quick ship with decent DPS will do just fine though.
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#7 - 2012-04-02 16:45:52 UTC
Use a manticore. Fit a covert ops cloak, 3 Torps launchers, and a lone auto cannon in the high slots. The lone ac helps if you get scrammed.

Mids are a tp, a medium shield extender, an afterburner, and well... Last slot is up to you.

Lows are a ballistic control and a nanofiber or any fitting mod you may need.

A mwd is of limited value. It may help for the cloak/mwd tric, but that is it. Use the ab when actually fighting rats.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#8 - 2012-04-02 18:07:14 UTC
Confirming the Manticore. 2 BCUs and a damage rig (or two) means you'll melt the BS rat before it even locks you most of the time.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#9 - 2012-04-02 22:10:18 UTC
Gorki Andropov wrote:
I find that the good ship 'Friendship' works wonders in a case like this.

I can't fly that ship Sad

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#10 - 2012-04-02 22:10:47 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Confirming the Manticore. 2 BCUs and a damage rig (or two) means you'll melt the BS rat before it even locks you most of the time.

-Liang

Ah ty mate, much appreciated

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Crellion
Nano Rhinos
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#11 - 2012-04-03 06:53:05 UTC
Not saying anything wrong with SB or DD approach but old school Ion and rep Taranis works very well too...
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#12 - 2012-04-03 06:57:39 UTC
Yeah but it's kind of hard to walk away from 530 DPS and a covops cloak

Damb bombers are a pain to fit with T2 launchers and any pathetic semblence of a tank though.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#13 - 2012-04-03 07:06:25 UTC
You shouldn't need more than a range tank and an AB.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

FlameGlow
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-04-03 07:26:58 UTC
could use one of tier 3 BCs, almost 1000 dps and plenty of agility to go with it
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#15 - 2012-04-03 07:39:45 UTC
FlameGlow wrote:
could use one of tier 3 BCs, almost 1000 dps and plenty of agility to go with it

Using my AC Tornado would be my preference, but alas your glorious comrades are making flying a solo BC about Venal a trifle chancy.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Crellion
Nano Rhinos
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#16 - 2012-04-03 07:55:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Crellion
To follo from my previous lol taranis post and just cause you can instead of the repionranis that can fot web and scram for pvp too, you could go with this that will force you to stick with pve:

[Taranis, New Setup 2]
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Experimental 1MN Afterburner I
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Invulnerability Field II

Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin II x2

Edit: the amount of pimp is a bit ridiculous for the pricetag of the Taranis so make sure you do not provide anyone with a lolltastic lossmail :D

Droping the navy magstab for a low end, low cpu one or a nano/speed mod would do wonders for isk efficiency and / or survivability...
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#17 - 2012-04-03 14:37:04 UTC
Yeah I'm pretty much settled on an AB Manticore so thanks all for your help

PS I'm well past the point when I have to worry about one more loltastic lossmail, so I'll just give a pre-emptive congrats to whoever kills that Manti and gets the surprise pimp mod on it (checking offers when the server population is low often reveals nice bargains in contracts, tyvm to the guy who helped me make my manti fit work by offering the required mod 50M cheaper than everyone else.)

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016