These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Events and Gatherings Archive

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The EVE Portraits Contest - Round 4 - Apr. 14 - May 12

Author
Shian Yang
#81 - 2012-04-02 03:02:32 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Guess what? If it looks, smells and sounds like a scam, then it is indeed a scam. I'm sorry but this looks, smells and sounds like a scam.

Greetings capsuleer,

One always needs to be vigilant in our universe. From Hegfunded all the way through to Chardalane you will find people trying to lay their hands on your ISK. Your dedication to stamping out that is laudable, even if the target of your ire is entirely misdirected.

I have had the good fortune of dealing with Master Reality X and can give you my personal assurance that this is a very real contest.

On that, many thanks to Master Reality X. I appreciate you finding favour with my submission. Whilst I am not yet knowledgeable enough in the interfaces and components that make up a vessel of partly Ammarian design, rest assured that I will find a good use for it.

Shian Yang
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#82 - 2012-04-02 16:37:14 UTC
REALITY X wrote:

3. One “redo” of your character’s portrait submission is allowed, and no more, at the cost of an additional fee of 10 million isk, with a mail sent from the character to Reality X with the word “redo” in the subject heading. Nothing else should be written in the main content box of the mail.

Just a quick question about this rule. I haven't read the entire thread so it may have already been answered. If so, sorry for wasting your time.

How do you enforce this?

As I see it, I can submit something and change it as often as I like. It will update over downtime and no one will be the wiser. I doubt you memorize each of the many portraits submitted to notice a slight change in lighting or pose.

So..I wonder how you confirm that the portrait you judge is the original portrait submitted? Do you screenshot everything each day or is it trust based?

Mr Epeen Cool
REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#83 - 2012-04-02 17:09:09 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
REALITY X wrote:

3. One “redo” of your character’s portrait submission is allowed, and no more, at the cost of an additional fee of 10 million isk, with a mail sent from the character to Reality X with the word “redo” in the subject heading. Nothing else should be written in the main content box of the mail.

Just a quick question about this rule. I haven't read the entire thread so it may have already been answered. If so, sorry for wasting your time.

How do you enforce this?

As I see it, I can submit something and change it as often as I like. It will update over downtime and no one will be the wiser. I doubt you memorize each of the many portraits submitted to notice a slight change in lighting or pose.

So..I wonder how you confirm that the portrait you judge is the original portrait submitted? Do you screenshot everything each day or is it trust based?

Mr Epeen Cool

Hey, thanks for the question. It's quite simple really.

I portrait capture each one submitted in-game (just right-click on the portrait), then save each portrait in a folder. The portrait submitted at the time of entry in the contest is what will be judged. If someone changes it after, that's fine, but it will not be the one entered into the contest. I have had a few "redos" submitted.

Anyways, hope that clears it up for you.

www.EVEportraits.com

AiVy Ngo
Perkone
Caldari State
#84 - 2012-04-04 12:27:08 UTC
For sure I thought i was going to win....but i wasnt. Regardless, i received a contract from the organizer's corp containing goodies. 20mil isk entry was a total waste at all. Thanks Reality X.
REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#85 - 2012-04-05 00:56:43 UTC
AiVy Ngo wrote:
For sure I thought i was going to win....but i wasnt. Regardless, i received a contract from the organizer's corp containing goodies. 20mil isk entry was a total waste at all. Thanks Reality X.

Your very welcome. Thank you for entering the contest.

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#86 - 2012-04-06 20:00:01 UTC  |  Edited by: REALITY X
Round 4 starts Saturday Apr. 14, 2012 @ 12 AM EST (05:00 EVE Time)

Prizes:

1st Place: Machariel, Angel Cartel faction battleship (1.25 billion isk value)
2nd Place: Cynabal, Angel Cartel faction cruiser (250 million isk value)
3rd Place: Daredevil, Angel Cartel faction frigate (70 million isk value)

No. of Entries: 42 (as of Apr. 27)

Visit http://EVEportraits.com for more details.

Open for entries. Enter now!

Thanks,

X

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#87 - 2012-04-10 02:49:19 UTC  |  Edited by: REALITY X
21 entries bump.

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#88 - 2012-04-12 21:47:53 UTC
wassup bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#89 - 2012-04-15 07:08:19 UTC
won a magic card tourney today bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#90 - 2012-04-17 02:34:42 UTC  |  Edited by: REALITY X
28 entries so far bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#91 - 2012-04-20 04:41:45 UTC
follow the yellow brick road bump..... 30 entries.

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#92 - 2012-04-22 06:36:16 UTC
won't be able to reply to mails apr. 22-24 bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#93 - 2012-04-24 23:44:23 UTC
back bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#94 - 2012-04-26 03:42:54 UTC
synkronised bump!

www.EVEportraits.com