These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

THE MITTANI - FANFEST CONTROVERSY (MITTANI PLANNED IT AND CCP KNEW)

First post
Author
Baron Xenos
Asleep at the Wheel
#1 - 2012-04-02 06:40:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Baron Xenos

TL;DR
the Mittani told some dude to commit suicide at fanfest alliance panel.
Before Fanfest, the Mittani stated on a show that he planned to tell ppl to commit suicide at fanfest panel.
CCP SOUNDWAVE WAS PRESENT, and heard everything that the Mattani said.
This makes public statements from CCP and the Mittani total bullshit

clip is here (7:05 to 7:40) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTRQ05Bqq_E

Ok so at the fanfest alliance panel, the Mittani included a section in his presentation about how he wanted some guy to commit suicide, and was egging ppl on to harass the guy and apparently try to make it happen. he was very drunk at the time, so this is not necessarily as f**ked up as it sounds, but i have recently come upon a video that suggests otherwise.

Not only does this show that the Mittani was planning to talk about wanting people to commit suicide. It shows that CCP knew about this IN ADVANCE. at least, CCP Soundwave had previous knowledge of what Mittens planned to say during his 2012 alliance panel presentation at fanfest.

This is footage and audio from a show that the TEST alliance head, Mike Bolton, runs. On the show besides Bolton is the Mittani, CCP Soundwave, and some guy who doesn't matter. Between 7:05 and 7:40, the Mittani explains his plans to tell people to commit suicide at fanfest. CCP Soundwave hears this, therefor being informed of his plans to do something that they later said seemed completely a suprise (even though Soundwave knew beforehand).

CCP released this statement regarding the incident in a recent dev blog.

"As some of you might have heard, one of the Alliance leaders speaking at the Alliance Panel during EVE Fanfest 2012 breached our EULA/TOS with some ill-advised remarks about a fellow EVE player. It goes without saying that CCP deeply regrets this incident and will work towards reducing any possibility of this happening again in the future.

CCP requested that all panel PowerPoint presentations and discussion topics be handed in beforehand for approval. Regrettably, the offending comments were made during an unscripted Q&A session after the main presentations."

source - http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28576

This is a link to the video that shows the Mittani's plan to do this way in advance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTRQ05Bqq_E

The clip is from 7:05 to 7:40

After CCP raged at the Mittani, he released a complete bullshit public apology - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=86980&find=unread

In the apology he pretends to care, etc, and try to get some redemption from the community, and pretends that this was not planned.

Please post comments stating how you feel about this.
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-04-02 06:41:52 UTC
holy cow thats really f*cked up
DelBoy Trades
Trotter Independent Traders.
#3 - 2012-04-02 06:42:25 UTC
No one cares.

Damn nature, you scary!

Goonspiracy
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-04-02 06:44:41 UTC
These lies are nothing but false propaganda. Puppies and kittens were given to all members in GSF. Do not let false believers lead you astray.
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2012-04-02 06:49:00 UTC
let's see

soundwave was never there

the slide omitted the dude's name

oh well so much for your wall of text

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Baron Xenos
Asleep at the Wheel
#6 - 2012-04-02 06:52:51 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
let's see

soundwave was never there

the slide omitted the dude's name

oh well so much for your wall of text

lol i watched the video of the panel less than an hour ago. he spelled out the guys name. and whoever it is must be an awesome voice actor. sounds just like soundwave. =)
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#7 - 2012-04-02 06:54:10 UTC
This is surprisingly new information that I have never seen before.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Sirion Fujiwara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-04-02 06:56:57 UTC

So The Mittani really IS a sociopathic douchebag! Who'd have thunk it?

I bet CCP Soundwave is regretting being on that Skype Session.
Funny how he has a knack for landing himself in hot water.

I bet Hilmar also regrets being all pally with Alex Gianturco on Twitter.
CCP will never really 'get' public relations, will they? Amateurs...
/flames/ ..... bring it.
Kai Tel
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-04-02 06:57:57 UTC
At this point? Who really cares? It has been going on for far too long. The punishment was issued and there is no changing it. All the crying is beyond childish. To hell with all of em...
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-04-02 06:59:20 UTC
Baron Xenos wrote:
stuff

You made me waste my time trying to read your stuff. At least I had some fun listening.
Baron Xenos
Asleep at the Wheel
#11 - 2012-04-02 07:00:15 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Baron Xenos wrote:
stuff

You made me waste my time trying to read your stuff. At least I had some fun listening.

i put a TL;DR you dummy. rofl
Sirion Fujiwara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-04-02 07:03:01 UTC
Baron Xenos wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:
Baron Xenos wrote:
stuff

i put a TL;DR you dummy. rofl

Put it at the top of the post, and underline that CCP Soundwave knew this was going to happen.
The Mittani says the words "we want them to kill themselves" about 4 times in that interview, and Soundwave was right there!

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#13 - 2012-04-02 07:06:20 UTC
Mittani in Collusion with CCP?
Zowie Powers
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-04-02 07:07:18 UTC
As sick as it is, what's the real problem?

He's been dealt with and CCP have concluded he's not allowed to do it again for another year. Is that not good enough?

Maybe next time he'll up the ante and incite Goonswarm to visit their homes and murder them. Then he'll be up alongside Mazziliu's level of insanity and CCP will give him a BMW for the column inches he'll be filling on websites.

ATX: The best of the rest.

Baron Xenos
Asleep at the Wheel
#15 - 2012-04-02 07:09:12 UTC
Zowie Powers wrote:

He's been dealt with and CCP have concluded he's not allowed to do it again for another year. Is that not good enough?

Maybe next time he'll up the ante and incite Goonswarm to visit their homes and murder them. Then he'll be up alongside Mazziliu's level of insanity and CCP will give him a BMW for the column inches he'll be filling on websites.

this is not just an issue with the Mittani, its a matter of CCP lying to the community that would otherwise be upset about the situation that happened. CCP literally knew what the Mittani was planning to say. He actually said much less than he planned to.
Sirion Fujiwara
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-04-02 07:12:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Sirion Fujiwara
Zowie Powers wrote:

What's the problem?? Shocked

The problem is that Alex Gianturco has tried to pass the whole thing off as a stupid drunken slip-up, when in fact it was premeditated (weeks in advance), AND it turns out CCP Soundwave knew this type of presentationn was going to take place.
CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2012-04-02 07:17:07 UTC
Please keep the discussion here.

Thread locked.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#18 - 2012-04-02 07:18:42 UTC
Cats out of the bag now, this won't make good press. Looks like another stressful week for CCP ahead.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#19 - 2012-04-02 07:25:23 UTC
Another one of these? How many more people are we going to see being so desperate for attention that they will post yet another thread about the incident as if they have some unique insight that no one has ever had before?

The segment you linked to has nothing to do with what happened: in the presentation, The Mittani said that he would like a whole bunch of people to "kill themselves" - in the environment of the "Beers with Bolton" this is equivalent to wishing that these people would just leave the game. What happened at Fanfest was an incitement for other players to harass a depressed and suicidal player in the hope that he would, in fact, commit suicide. If you cannot distinguish the two statements (especially given the context), perhaps you are not ready to be an adult.

Is The Mittani a really nasty piece of work? Yes he is. Should you take anything he says seriously? No. Should the player learn to use more civil language, especially when participating in a broadcast interview? I think so.

In the meantime, please realise that you have not provided any new or interesting material to this discussion, especially not anything which deserves yet another thread. You are a terrible person, an awful writer, and you should be ashamed of yourself.