These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Corporate stasis can suck my balls

First post
Author
Etheoma
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-03-31 19:44:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Etheoma
Corporate stasis can suck my balls if you have your CEO's permission and you want to leave you should be able to do it instantly.

Ok I get it if everyone can leave there corp instantly every time they get war deced or something long those lines then yeah. But there are simple ways of sorting that out; for example if more than 10% of the people that have logged in within the last month leave the corp then a 24 hour stasis is on and anyone that wants to leave or just put the stasis period on if a war has been declared. But the current stasis period is stupid.

Edit; Also a isk cost of leaving the corporation instantly or a isk or AUR cost could stop abuse along with the CEO's permission and maybe a cap on the percentage of active players allowed to quit instantly exuding trial account.

- ISK penalty suggested by; Danfen Fenix.
Serene Repose
#2 - 2012-03-31 19:46:38 UTC
It's stupid unless you have someone with access to corp assets. The delay gives the corp time to secure itself against hit and run theft. Leaving a corp quickly due to a war dec (read: hitting the chicken switch) is incidental to the intended purpose.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Etheoma
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-03-31 19:49:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Etheoma
Serene Repose wrote:
It's stupid unless you have someone with access to corp assets. The delay gives the corp time to secure itself against hit and run theft. Leaving a corp quickly due to a war dec (read: hitting the chicken switch) is incidental to the intended purpose.

AS I SAID IF YOU HAVE THE CEO'S PERMISSION. other than there being the fact that it would take to much time to set up such a system and CCP is doing more important things right now there's no reason not to do this if it wouldn't take that long.

in fact if you did this kind of thing you could extend the stasis period because it would focus on the people who its actually trying to target and if the CEO has gone inactive you could even set up a system where there is a 24 hour stasis period where you have to get the CEO's permission but if a director or the CEO wants to put up a further 24 hour injunction they can. To stop people setting up an injunction every time some leaves just to be an ass you could put a cost on doing it.
Marduk Nibiru
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-03-31 20:26:56 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
It's stupid unless you have someone with access to corp assets. The delay gives the corp time to secure itself against hit and run theft.

How so? Just steal the assets, drop rolls, log for the day...come back...drop corp. Not a thing they can do to stop you.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-03-31 20:34:20 UTC
If you have the CEO's permission just have him boot your ass...
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-04-01 21:47:17 UTC
Etheoma wrote:
Corporate stasis can suck my balls if you have your CEO's permission and you want to leave you should be able to do it instantly.

Ok I get it if everyone can leave there corp instantly every time they get war deced or something long those lines then yeah but there are simple ways of sorting that out for example if more than 10% of the people that have logged in within the last month leave the corp then a 24 hour stasis is on anyone that wants to leave or just put the stasis period on if a war has been declared. But the current stasis period is stupid.

And then you could start abusing this with your CEO to jump from corp to corp all day long just to get KM's.

You can do it, but you have a 24h stasis. That makes you a KM for 24H at least, it's not bad for high sec grieffing
Etheoma
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-04-01 21:50:20 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Etheoma wrote:

Ok I get it if everyone can leave there corp instantly every time they get war deced or something long those lines then yeah but there are simple ways of sorting that out for example if more than 10% of the people that have logged in within the last month leave the corp then a 24 hour stasis is on anyone that wants to leave or just put the stasis period on if a war has been declared. But the current stasis period is stupid.

And then you could start abusing this with your CEO to jump from corp to corp all day long just to get KM's.

You can do it, but you have a 24h stasis. That makes you a KM for 24H at least, it's not bad for high sec grieffing

didn't I ready say that if you have more than 10% of the members that have logged in withing the past month try to leave then the stasis could be locked or something like that.
Danfen Fenix
#8 - 2012-04-01 21:50:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Danfen Fenix
Um, how about an Isk cost to leave a corp instantly, possibly either depending on corp size, corp tax or some other factor? Provides another ISK sink to the game at least, if done right...

Could be explained as covering the costs of dodging paperwork ? P
Etheoma
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-04-01 21:56:23 UTC
Danfen Fenix wrote:
Um, how about an Isk cost to leave a corp instantly, possibly either depending on corp size, corp task or some other factor? Provides another ISK sink to the game at least, if done right...

Could be explained as covering the costs of dodging paperwork ? P

I suppose you could make it rather a large cost because its only a convenience which you could just wait the 24 hours and that puts a second damper not people jumping corps
W3370Pi4
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-04-01 21:56:55 UTC
Serene Repose
#11 - 2012-04-01 23:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Etheoma wrote:
AS I SAID IF YOU HAVE THE CEO'S PERMISSION. other than there being the fact that it would take to much time to set up such a system and CCP is doing more important things right now there's no reason not to do this if it wouldn't take that long.

Permission to do what? I can tell you're suffering from some sort of attention span deficit. "Too long" is one tell-tale clue. The other is sketchy references with a veiled assumption "you know"? I suggest you take some Ritalin just before you leave corp and things will be just dandy for you. As far as ball sucking...you're making your dog jealous with all this talk.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Aggressive Nutmeg
#12 - 2012-04-01 23:58:06 UTC
Marduk Nibiru wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
It's stupid unless you have someone with access to corp assets. The delay gives the corp time to secure itself against hit and run theft.

How so? Just steal the assets, drop rolls, log for the day...come back...drop corp. Not a thing they can do to stop you.

But if you drop rolls won't they be able to follow your trail?

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

Ai Shun
#13 - 2012-04-02 00:08:33 UTC
It sounds like a simple, cohesive system is being overcomplicated because of impatience. The flow on effects are too big.
Jita Alt666
#14 - 2012-04-02 02:54:36 UTC
Of all the things to whine about having to wait for in Eve Online you choose to cry about this one.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-04-02 02:56:00 UTC
Etheoma wrote:

Mmm the computer says no.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2012-04-02 12:54:35 UTC
Ranting is not allowed on our forums.

Thread locked.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer