These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why REALLY the Mittani still acts reprehensibly...

Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#141 - 2012-04-01 08:31:58 UTC
Sir Marksalot wrote:
Rico Minali wrote:

The best thing everyone can now do is drop it until they rage themselves out, the same as you do with unmanageable children, let them scream and kick adn throw themselves around until they tire themselves out and go to sleep.

Two problems, the first of which is that it's not as funny. Second, there's people on these forums who have been raging for, literally, years at us.

Basically, they won't rage themselves out.

Well BoB and all their friends (by intention or accident) continually rise again, respawn, resurrect, reincarnate etc etc.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#142 - 2012-04-01 08:32:58 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
A guy can be blacked out drunk and still not stumble around like Michael Bolton 3. I've been told that I was blacked out drunk and I was carrying on an intelligent conversation with couch cushions.

Heh, video evidence shows Michael Bolton 3 (Test Alliance CEO) was definitely inebriated. If you were having a conversation with couch pillows, then it definitely wasn't intelligent, to say the least.

Lapine Davion wrote:
What seems more likely to you? Drunk dude at what is essentially a party makes a joke in poor taste. Or malevolent dictator and internet spaceships terrorist intentionally calls for the death of another player, while feigning drunkenness?

Heh, video evidence points to: Malevolent dictator and internet spaceships terrorist intentionally calls for the death of another player, while feigning drunkenness.
Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#143 - 2012-04-01 08:33:40 UTC
Revolution Rising wrote:
Kehro Urgus wrote:
*groans*

Yeah, sorry, had to be done ;)

No, it didn't. No one, absolutely no one, regardless of their opinion on the matter, needed you starting yet another thread about the topic.
Sir Marksalot
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#144 - 2012-04-01 08:34:53 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:

Many people probably believed his apology was sincere and were ready just to drop the matter, but then you had numerous Goons and CFC members trying to say what he did was okay in a thread that Kittens himself created saying he was wrong !!!

This really is a quality post. Shame about the "none of that actually happened" part.
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#145 - 2012-04-01 08:34:56 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

...while feigning drunkenness.

Stop this stupidity. This isn't a video game anymore, this isn't pretend. This isn't going on for the fun of it. Open your door, walk outside and smell a flower.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Ai Shun
#146 - 2012-04-01 08:35:10 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Spring Blue wrote:
That where your wrong, for the first time were seeing the real person behind the mittani, and its disturbing. To the point that we don't want him in the game, and again by you defending him you put yourself closer to the real mittani than any character he's portrayed.

You obviously haven't seen anything. You saw a guy act like a drunken idiot at fanfest. He's not like that 24/7. And if he has to be an aggressive ******* now, what do you expect? He's been treated like crap by all of you without relent even after he's apologized, fallen on his sword and been thrown under a bus.

Exactly. It shows the true colours of people like Spring Blue. No compassion, empathy, understanding or human emotion except rage that I can discern.
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#147 - 2012-04-01 08:39:53 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Spring Blue wrote:
That where your wrong, for the first time were seeing the real person behind the mittani, and its disturbing. To the point that we don't want him in the game, and again by you defending him you put yourself closer to the real mittani than any character he's portrayed.

You obviously haven't seen anything. You saw a guy act like a drunken idiot at fanfest. He's not like that 24/7. And if he has to be an aggressive ******* now, what do you expect? He's been treated like crap by all of you without relent even after he's apologized, fallen on his sword and been thrown under a bus.

No compassion, empathy, understanding or human emotion except rage that I can discern...

Right here. I've been trying to come up with an eloquent way of describing what I've been thinking all night and you nailed it. Thanks.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#148 - 2012-04-01 08:40:02 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Stop this stupidity. This isn't a video game anymore, this isn't pretend. This isn't going on for the fun of it. Open your door, walk outside and smell a flower.

As soon as all of you stop trying to justify and rationalize away the severity of The Mittani's actions, then I'll join you outside.
Spring Blue
Lamorei Prosapia Vexillum
#149 - 2012-04-01 08:44:55 UTC
No compassion you hypocrite.

This is all about compassion, compassion that someone was hurting a stranger, and some mindless drunk idiot thought it'd be funny to make a crack at encouraging his suicide.

Don't play the damned victim card here, the fact you even try is pathetic. Someone with thousands of clearly blind followers put out a call encouraging them to provoke a suicide...

A SUICIDE.

Get it, it's all about that, no crappy pixel related rubbish comes into this.

We are trying to make you understand how wrong what he did is.. and all you can do is whine about him being the victim.

He tried to get someone.. a REAL person killed... and your defending him.
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#150 - 2012-04-01 08:45:22 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

As soon as all of you stop trying to justify and rationalize away the severity of The Mittani's actions, then I'll join you outside.

You haven't read a thing any of us has posted. We're not trying to rationalize it. We've been outright talking about his apology and his resignation and his getting hucked under a bus by CCP. We're being very open about his **** up. Not one goon in this thread has tried to rationalize his actions. We're trying to get the rest of you to act like decent human beings and accept the fact that a dude messed up and made up for it. If you make a mistake in real life do you really expect everyone you know to bag on you about it for the rest of your life?

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#151 - 2012-04-01 08:47:30 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

The Mittani's comments were just as severe as the conversation I had with couch cushions that I can't remember but am told was very intellectual.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#152 - 2012-04-01 08:47:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarsus Zateki
Spring Blue wrote:

This is all about compassion, compassion that someone was hurting a stranger, and some mindless drunk idiot thought it'd be funny to make a crack at encouraging his suicide.

Don't play the damned victim card here, the fact you even try is pathetic. Someone with thousands of clearly blind followers put out a call encouraging them to provoke a suicide...

A SUICIDE.

We are trying to make you understand how wrong what he did is.. and all you can do is whine about him being the victim.

Which he has gone out of his way to apologize for and has been punished for. The only reason you're still bagging on him is because you're willfully malicious and evil. You're an actual sociopath, not just the pretend one Mittens plays in game, but the real deal.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#153 - 2012-04-01 08:49:26 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Which he has gone out of his way to apologize for and has been punished for. The only reason you're still bagging on him is because you're willfully malicious and evil.

My my, are you allowed to say such things of people who aren't goons?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#154 - 2012-04-01 08:50:19 UTC
Coundown to Spring Blue posting that he was trolling all along. :puppetmasta: EvilTwistedEvilTwisted

Kehro Urgus
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#155 - 2012-04-01 08:50:33 UTC
Spring Blue wrote:

A SUICIDE.

Do you honestly think he was at all serious? Or that anyone listening to his presentation wouldn't know straight away that they'd be perma-banned if they followed his request?

Yeeee! 

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#156 - 2012-04-01 08:51:19 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Which he has gone out of his way to apologize for and has been punished for. The only reason you're still bagging on him is because you're willfully malicious and evil.

My my, are you allowed to say such things of people who aren't goons?

Its actually a remarkable evolution of the Eve-Online community that they only want Mittens to have his life ruined over a drunken remark and not every goon in the game. Two years ago the filth would be howling for all our blood.

Elecktra Blue
Perkone
Caldari State
#157 - 2012-04-01 08:51:40 UTC
So because I am a Goon, I am socially inept, mouthbreather/neckbeard that is intent on sewing discord and chaos into this fine spaceboat simulator? Normally Im able to process such thoughts but with Dear Leader gone, what will I do...perhaps wait in the bread line, or listen to the propaganda...or I could go burn Tenal...and Jita. If you guys put as much energy into EVE as you did with these vapid posts concerning a ship that has already sailed then perhaps you would be seen as something more than a pubbie....

Miniluv Minister

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#158 - 2012-04-01 08:52:22 UTC
Kehro Urgus wrote:
Spring Blue wrote:

A SUICIDE.

Do you honestly think he was at all serious? Or that anyone listening to his presentation wouldn't know straight away that they'd be perma-banned if they followed his request?

Actually anyone following his jest might have been perma-banned IRL. Or at least temp banned IRL.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Prince Kobol
#159 - 2012-04-01 08:52:30 UTC
Sir Marksalot wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

Many people probably believed his apology was sincere and were ready just to drop the matter, but then you had numerous Goons and CFC members trying to say what he did was okay in a thread that Kittens himself created saying he was wrong !!!

This really is a quality post. Shame about the "none of that actually happened" part.

Thanks for the perfect example of not knowing when to stop.

Anybody who has the ability to read that thread will see enough posts by Goons/CFC made for the sole purpose of trying to make people mad, and you know, it worked, hence the 200+ page thread.
Spring Blue
Lamorei Prosapia Vexillum
#160 - 2012-04-01 08:52:31 UTC
No I honestly believe justice has not been done.

A 30 day ban from a computer game for the fact that someone could of died due to his evil malicious actions.

Thats not punishment thats a joke.

I truly believe that the game has nothing to do with this, apart from it is what gave him the platform to do such a thing.