These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So, The Mittani is EVE's Haruhi Suzumiya...

Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1 - 2012-03-31 07:17:17 UTC
And who the f... is Haruhi Suzumiya -Suzumiya Haruhi, Japanese style?

She's a Japanese fictional character, whose main traits are:

- Cute teenage girl
- Overly egocentric
- Continuously feels an urge to "have fun"
- Everyone aorund her revolves around her whims
- She's God, litherallly, and may destroy the universe if she as much as grows bored of her life in it
- That special power is unknwon to her, but not to the unfortunate bunch revolving around her struggle for fun

Now, we do know that The Mittani isn't neither cute nor a tenenage girl, but everything else quite applies to Mittens and EVE...

Mittens is the man who won the war and bored to death aftermath. Is the man who won EVE and didn't know what to do with it. Mittens thought that becoming CSM chairman would be fun, and he had his fun. Then CCP's mistakes handed Mittens a chance to have his fun pushing CCP to do his will, and he had his fun. Then he thought that having 10,000 votes would be fun and he had his fun.

But facing the prospect of "been there, done that" as a CSM chairman, he had to have his fun otherwise. So he, consciously or not, slipped a name hoping it would be fun. And hell it was fun! He got to be the first CSM to resign before taking chair, the first CSM chairman to resign, he got 2 threadnaughts devoted to his action (and BTW his threads dethroned the 2 longer threads, who were related to avatars and not our lord Mittens... tsk, tsk), and now he's "ethically" free to destroy Jita or whatever he thinks would be fun... probably destroy EVE, then move onto some other equally fun project that allows him to leave a footprint and have fun as the world revolves around him.

Of course, the differences between the fictional fun-struggler girl called Haruhi Suzumiya and the real fun-struggler man are many, but the one that interests me to point out is this:

Mittens is NOT the creator of EVE. He can destroy it to a point, but his urge to have fun will ask him to aim for larger goals before he can accomplish this one. Even the most charismatic men are just-one-man in the aftermath, and although what people builds around them is more lasting than the man himself, it eventually crumbles without the man.

Mittens will go and EVE, with any luck, will keep going on.

But meanwhile, get ready for tough times. EVE's self-appointed God is bored and is gonna try to destroy the world to placate his thirst for fun. And he will fail, of course, because he is just a man.... but life in EVE may become pretty miserable to everyone else.

Disclaimer: this OP is my way to have fun, so take it seriously on your own account... P
ivar R'dhak
Deus est Mechanicus
#2 - 2012-03-31 09:28:02 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO
#3 - 2012-03-31 09:32:06 UTC
oh you are a fan of moe anime, that explains a lot.

vitoc erryday

Kai Tel
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-03-31 11:12:38 UTC
I mean, really? Do you want to waste that much time and text over thinking the whims of a self-admitted douche?
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#5 - 2012-03-31 13:19:31 UTC
Kai Tel wrote:
I mean, really? Do you want to waste that much time and text over thinking the whims of a self-admitted douche?

That's because it is my time, and nobody cna tell me how i should spend it. Quite differently from EVE, BTW.