These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Do I have this right?

First post
Author
Serene Repose
#1 - 2012-03-31 10:56:37 UTC
Help me understand this please. I'm perplexed.

The Goons spend years scamming, lying, cheating, stealing, ganking, (did I mention scamming?) All this to create a reputation that they're the BAD BOYZ ON THE BLOCK. They hurl themselves so furiously in this direction, their fearless leader, His Immensity, let's it get out of his grasp at the big annual party and shoots himself in the FOOT.

NOW, they're screaming LYNCH MOB, and CONSPIRACY (my caps lock has a mind of it's own, sorry)!! They're actually accusing EVERYONE of siding against them, and organizing against them to make them look like the @$$hats they are.

Do I have this right? They succeeded in achieving their goal, and are now saying we're the ones who did it? Surely there's a psychological disorder that fits these symptoms. Anybody got any ideas? Like I said, I'm perplexed...flummoxed...all them X words.

Can't we all just get back to playing EVE and let the Goons settle like the dust on our shelves they are destined to be? Beating a dead horse can be fun, I admit, cause it won't hit you back. But, this horse is getting a bit gooey.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Lord Publow
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-03-31 10:57:57 UTC
Brother Repose. Regretfully, I have to inform you that you are NOT right.

I fight for Hoovers everywhere. http://hoover.com/

Serene Repose
#3 - 2012-03-31 10:59:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Lord Publow wrote:
Brother Repose. Regretfully, I have to inform you that you are NOT right.

Neither are you. It's SISTER Repose. How can I be right when I'm perplexed, and flummoxed and all them other X words? Was this post of yours an attempt to look clever? Are you a GOONY???? Clarify please.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#4 - 2012-03-31 11:00:10 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

Can't we all just get back to playing EVE and let the Goons settle like the dust on our shelves they are destined to be? Beating a dead horse can be fun, I admit, cause it won't hit you back. But, this horse is getting a bit gooey.

That is why this forum still needs ANOTHER thread about that dead horse, right?

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Kai Tel
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-03-31 11:04:19 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Help me understand this please. I'm perplexed.

The Goons spend years scamming, lying, cheating, stealing, ganking, (did I mention scamming?) All this to create a reputation that they're the BAD BOYZ ON THE BLOCK. They hurl themselves so furiously in this direction, their fearless leader, His Immensity, let's it get out of his grasp at the big annual party and shoots himself in the FOOT.

NOW, they're screaming LYNCH MOB, and CONSPIRACY (my caps lock has a mind of it's own, sorry)!! They're actually accusing EVERYONE of siding against them, and organizing against them to make them look like the @$$hats they are.

Do I have this right? They succeeded in achieving their goal, and are now saying we're the ones who did it? Surely there's a psychological disorder that fits these symptoms. Anybody got any ideas? Like I said, I'm perplexed...flummoxed...all them X words.

What do you expect from a cult? They are readying for a digital Jonestown.... DUH!!!
Superterrier
#6 - 2012-03-31 11:04:25 UTC
It's a typical reaction for nerds cyberbullying because they were bullied as kids.

As soon as someone strikes back they fall back to their old behaviour and start running to the teacher crying the sweetest tears.
Liam Mirren
#7 - 2012-03-31 11:06:03 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Surely there's a psychological disorder that fits these symptoms. Anybody got any ideas?

It's called "lacking braincells".

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

Kehro Urgus
Dark Nebula Academy
O X I D E
#8 - 2012-03-31 11:09:03 UTC
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2012-03-31 11:13:32 UTC
a new thread with a new, interesting topic

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#10 - 2012-03-31 11:15:41 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
a new thread with a new, interesting topic

You mad, bro?

Dodixie > Hek

CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2012-03-31 11:17:52 UTC
Honestly this is getting out of hand.

There are a multitude of threads discussing this issue, most notably here.

Starting yet another thread on the issue is completely redundant.

Thread locked.