These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Returning player looking for some direction

Author
Ikel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-03-19 06:11:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ikel
Edit: My first post was a little vague:

I'm returning to the game, and I have about 6 weeks worth of training time until I can really devote some time t playing. I am wondering whether I should train up skills for flying a domi, or continuing training missile skills for a raven? I am leaning towards the domi because it seems like a versatile ship, whether I end up doing pvp or trying out the incursions. T Hanks in advance.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Ikel
Gorenaire
Theosophical Society
#2 - 2012-03-28 20:48:03 UTC
Raven is used a lot in pve, not so much in pvp, in a domi, you can still do missions decently , and also do some pvp. Never done incursions so i wont talk about the kind of ships used.

If you choose the domi , it requires a good amount of drones skills to be effective, like drone interfacing 5, drones support skills to 4, and T2 heavy drones or T2 sentries, so that around 2 months training at least.

Also dont forget support skills to 4 at least, having armor repair, hull upgrades, and mechanics to 5 is recommended if you armor tank.

Dont forget the nav skills, the energy skills etc etc , they will help you no matter what you do.
Vito Antonio
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-03-29 10:21:00 UTC
Relying on drones in incursions is a bad idea.
Train for maelstrom.
lol fourm troll
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-03-30 05:13:34 UTC
Head north east untill you see a large tree with two dead branches of the right side, then west there you will find what you need
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-03-30 14:38:18 UTC
*insert mandatory tengu praise*

no seriously, the only thing tengu sucks at are amarr missions and incursions.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Flurk Hellbron
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-31 02:04:02 UTC
Returning player looking for some direction ------>> GO left!!