These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Question about the buddy invite reward thingy..

Author
Kiandoshia
Applied Anarchy
The Initiative.
#1 - 2012-03-28 20:37:58 UTC
Are PLEX a valid form of activating an invited account and do you get a PLEX back on the inviting account, should you chose that as a reward?
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#2 - 2012-03-28 22:02:44 UTC
Yes to both questions.

If A sends B a Buddy Invite with PLEX selected as the reward, and B activates the account using a PLEX, A will receive a PLEX as a reward for the buddy subscribing.

If A trusts B, A could give B a PLEX to activate the account with, and receive a PLEX back so that B effectively gets a 51 day trial for free. Of course, if A doesn't know B and A gives B a PLEX, B will send the PLEX to their main account and A will never get the PLEX reward. So if you are B, and you don't know A, don't go asking for a PLEX to activate the account since A will assume that you are scamming :)
Liz Arji
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-03-29 06:37:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Liz Arji
Remember that you need 2 PLEX to activate a NEW account. And yes you get 1 PLEX back as reward. So it's not free but costs 1 PLEX.
Kiandoshia
Applied Anarchy
The Initiative.
#4 - 2012-03-29 06:56:58 UTC
When did they change that >_>
Vincent Trevane
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-03-29 07:14:53 UTC
Its news to me, I activated an account with one plex just the other day.
Liz Arji
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-29 07:24:41 UTC
I activated an account about one month ago and the account management page told me I need 2 PLEX. That's why I didn't do that and activated normally.
malaire
#7 - 2012-03-29 08:58:44 UTC
Liz Arji wrote:
I activated an account about one month ago and the account management page told me I need 2 PLEX. That's why I didn't do that and activated normally.

I have not heard about that feature in Account Management.

Did you try ingame, just right clicking PLEX and selecting "Add gametime to account" ?

But it is strange if cost is double when done in Account Management versus ingame.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Liz Arji
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-03-29 09:04:44 UTC
No I didn't try ingame. In the account management I was able to choose between PLEX and real money payment.

And strange indeed.
Sabotaged
Veritas Vincit
#9 - 2012-06-01 16:20:38 UTC
Liz Arji wrote:
Remember that you need 2 PLEX to activate a NEW account. And yes you get 1 PLEX back as reward. So it's not free but costs 1 PLEX.

That is incorrect. It costs 1 PLEX.

After activating the PLEX on my 2nd character, it added 30 days plus what I had left over. I purchased Caldari Industrial. When I injected the skill it told me I could not use it on Trial Accounts. I logged out and logged back in and was able to inject the skill perfectly.