These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So they're going to be a revote, right?

Author
Doctor Benway Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-03-29 00:06:35 UTC
buck herrick wrote:
i don't think there will be a revote, no. after all; no one called for them when other 'members' were removed from previous CSMs.

i would hope this shows people just how important the vote is and how it is crucial to ensure you have used your vote wisely.

it is a shame that this occured in the first place. i feel for ccp right now, i really do.

Other members weren't removed before the CSM had already started session, for things completely unrelated to the CSM.
Doctor Benway Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-03-29 00:07:35 UTC
PsychoBitch wrote:
The behavior exhibited is not becoming of an eve player, let alone someone he supposedly represents.

CCP should have him unceremoniously removed immediately, and banned.

They couldn't, they were too busy taking shots with him and laughing at his oh so terrible joke.

Or are you saying that CCP Devs don't represent themselves...?
Time Funnel
Just a side dish
Outspoken Alliance
#23 - 2012-03-29 00:09:09 UTC
Jack Parr wrote:
Sounds like all the goonies need is a hug and some tissues to wipe away their tears.

Thank you anon alt-person. Oh my there are a lot of you in threads like these.
Time Funnel
Just a side dish
Outspoken Alliance
#24 - 2012-03-29 00:11:00 UTC
PsychoBitch wrote:
The behavior exhibited is not becoming of an eve player, let alone someone he supposedly represents.

CCP should have him unceremoniously removed immediately, and banned.

CCP might want to not alienate the largest voting bloc in EVE. I mean it could, just for example put people like Riverini, Xenuria, and 3 other laughable people on the CSM next year. That would usher in a new age of awesome.
Jack Parr
Kzinti Hegemony
#25 - 2012-03-29 00:12:19 UTC
Time Funnel wrote:
Jack Parr wrote:
Sounds like all the goonies need is a hug and some tissues to wipe away their tears.

Yea, it's so hard to keep up with all the goonies and pet (test) alts that are responding to my mains posts. (But, I do have to tell you it is so much more fun posting from an alt like the goonies do.)

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average goon."      - The Mittani

buck herrick
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-03-29 00:12:49 UTC
Doctor Benway Kado wrote:
buck herrick wrote:
i don't think there will be a revote, no. after all; no one called for them when other 'members' were removed from previous CSMs.

i would hope this shows people just how important the vote is and how it is crucial to ensure you have used your vote wisely.

it is a shame that this occured in the first place. i feel for ccp right now, i really do.

Other members weren't removed before the CSM had already started session, for things completely unrelated to the CSM.

oh dear, i refuse to be drawn into your circular logic but i will provide you a courteous response as you hav been kind enough to have read my post.

they were removed because they broke rules, breached agreements, etc. please explain the relevance of time? if this all happened say, may 24th at 4pm woudl you ask for a revote as you were no longer represented ? i ask as time obviously has relevance to you here.

many wish we could have thier time again. i once voted for maggie thatcher - i often wished i could have had that vote back too, but there really were no other viable candidates, and she lost too.
Joepopo
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-03-29 00:13:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Joepopo
We may also sell seats at the CSM against real money.
Just to hammer that idea that eve is real.

We just give that much fuc k.
Time Funnel
Just a side dish
Outspoken Alliance
#28 - 2012-03-29 00:13:58 UTC
Jack Parr wrote:
Time Funnel wrote:

Yea, it's so hard to keep up with all the goonies and pet (test) alts that are responding to my mains posts. (But, I do have to tell you it is so much more fun posting from an alt like the goonies do.)

Oh look, I talk about a main that I do all my other posting on.

Oh look, all the goonies post on alts.

None of these things are really true. You forum warrior you.
Doctor Benway Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-03-29 00:19:30 UTC
buck herrick wrote:
buck herrick wrote:

oh dear, i refuse to be drawn into your circular logic but i will provide you a courteous response as you hav been kind enough to have read my post.

they were removed because they broke rules, breached agreements, etc. please explain the relevance of time? if this all happened say, may 24th at 4pm woudl you ask for a revote as you were no longer represented ? i ask as time obviously has relevance to you here.

many wish we could have thier time again. i once voted for maggie thatcher - i often wished i could have had that vote back too, but there really were no other viable candidates, and she lost too.

Hey, buddy, nobody is buying the "I'm actually not 13" act. Nobody voted for Thatcher that didn't know what exactly they were getting into.

But hey, to your points, in reverse order. The entire validity of the election has been destroyed. So that's a pretty good reason to redo it. I'm quite sure England would have had a revote if Thatcher had publically revealed her true form of Bl'lx'xri, Demon-Queen of Cockroaches And Bigots.

And I'm pretty sure if you're talking about a video game election, if you get kicked off of the ballot retroactively, it should be related to your position on the CSM. Not to something that happened outside of the game, and as your role of as an alliance leader.
Jack Parr
Kzinti Hegemony
#30 - 2012-03-29 00:21:46 UTC
Time Funnel wrote:
Jack Parr wrote:
Time Funnel wrote:

Oh look, I talk about a main that I do all my other posting on.

Oh look, all the goonies post on alts.

None of these things are really true. You forum warrior you.

zowie, rage tears are so delicious and yours are gooder than all the others. whoa...i think yours gave me wood.

moar pls

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average goon."      - The Mittani

Jojo Jackson
Dead Red Eye
#31 - 2012-03-29 00:22:48 UTC
Jojo Jackson wrote:
D Derp wrote:
This makes what? 25% of the votes rendered worthless by CCP?

Dude, Mittani rendered them worthless by his behavior.

CCP had to react after all the "out of EVE" press.

If the election has been tainted by The Mittani's behavior, it should be thrown out, and new one held. If The Mittani has destroyed the integrity of the current CSM, a new one should be elected.

Or is this not really about The Mittani's behavior at all?

I did not say there shouldn't be a re-voting.

I just say CCP is the wrong adress for your frustration (this time).

Why the hell can't I fitt capital repairs or shield booster on an Orca ... it's an CAPITAL ship!

Time Funnel
Just a side dish
Outspoken Alliance
#32 - 2012-03-29 00:28:32 UTC
Jack Parr wrote:

zowie, rage tears are so delicious and yours are gooder than all the others. whoa...i think yours gave me wood.

moar pls

I am not angry. You are using an alt to "disguise" the fact that you are nobody. That is pathetic, IMHO of course.
buck herrick
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2012-03-29 00:42:41 UTC
buck herrick wrote:
buck herrick wrote:

Hey, buddy, nobody is buying the "I'm actually not 13" act. Nobody voted for Thatcher that didn't know what exactly they were getting into.

But hey, to your points, in reverse order. The entire validity of the election has been destroyed. So that's a pretty good reason to redo it. I'm quite sure England would have had a revote if Thatcher had publically revealed her true form of Bl'lx'xri, Demon-Queen of Cockroaches And Bigots.

And I'm pretty sure if you're talking about a video game election, if you get kicked off of the ballot retroactively, it should be related to your position on the CSM. Not to something that happened outside of the game, and as your role of as an alliance leader.

we may have either reached a poitn of impass or agreement. i am not entirely sure which.

good luck to you young pubbie goon.
Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#34 - 2012-03-29 00:47:28 UTC
1/6th of the votes in the highest turnout just got made null and void.

None of them were mine, but still exceptional circumstances require unprecedented action.

Recall the election, same candidates minus the Mittani.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Jack Parr
Kzinti Hegemony
#35 - 2012-03-29 01:00:54 UTC
Time Funnel wrote:
Jack Parr wrote:

moar pls

I am not angry. You are using an alt to "disguise" the fact that you are nobody. That is pathetic, IMHO of course.

yea, i'm a nobody. but everyone has to start somewhere. thanks again for your tears. this is way more fun than ice mining. but seriously, all joking aside, i've never seen the goonies and pets (test) cry so much. really. why are they crying in every forum? are you ladies really that upset? i actually feel bad for all you girls. seriously, if you just cry and get it out of your system you'll feel so much better.

Glarealot
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2012-03-29 01:05:40 UTC
I'm confused- everyone keeps saying CCP removed him but I can't find a link to any information corroborating that. All i see is a post by Mittani himself saying he is remaining on the CSM but not going to be chairman.

Can someone post a link to more info?

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#37 - 2012-03-29 01:08:29 UTC
Glarealot wrote:
I'm confused- everyone keeps saying CCP removed him but I can't find a link to any information corroborating that. All i see is a post by Mittani himself saying he is remaining on the CSM but not going to be chairman.

Can someone post a link to more info?

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28576

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Time Funnel
Just a side dish
Outspoken Alliance
#38 - 2012-03-29 01:09:44 UTC
Jack Parr wrote:

yea, i'm a nobody. but everyone has to start somewhere. thanks again for your tears. this is way more fun than ice mining. but seriously, all joking aside, i've never seen the goonies and pets (test) cry so much. really. why are they crying in every forum? are you ladies really that upset? i actually feel bad for all you girls. seriously, if you just cry and get it out of your system you'll feel so much better.

You feel bad? How sweet. It is nice to see eve-online forums have some sympathy.

Do you think that this makes Goons mad? Their leader just had his chains removed and I think he is re-energized and ready to ruin the playing experience of the maximum number of EVE players. I think that EVE will look back fondly on the days when The Mittani was actually working hard to try to solve problems between CCP and it's player base. Now the largest power bloc in EVE will be up to whatever makes the most people cry. That includes you, good sir.
Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-03-29 01:18:48 UTC
Somebody got BANHAMMERED!

There will be no revote.

This is not your puny sandbox this is reality!

http://h9.abload.de/img/looselipsmittani370ye4.png
Jack Parr
Kzinti Hegemony
#40 - 2012-03-29 01:20:15 UTC
Time Funnel wrote:
Now the largest power bloc in EVE will be up to whatever makes the most people cry. That includes you, good sir.

lol i've seen your kill board.