These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Now that the EULA applies to Fanfest

Author
DurrHurrDurr
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2012-03-28 23:22:51 UTC
Someone stole my friend's phone. Can you reimburse him? He didn't have the proper roles in-game to access that phone.
Blawrf McTaggart
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-03-28 23:23:21 UTC
I would note that the friend has filed an ingame reimbursement petition as ingame = out of game in ccp's eyes
The Crimson Invaider
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-03-28 23:24:16 UTC
~10056~
Apollo-Moor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-03-28 23:24:21 UTC
DurrHurrDurr wrote:
Someone stole my friend's phone. Can you reimburse him? He didn't have the proper roles in-game to access that phone.

You guys are super-sad he's gone.. LmAo..

Was he the air you breathed?
DurrHurrDurr
Dreddit
#5 - 2012-03-28 23:24:52 UTC
If someone doesn't have the proper roles to take your stuff at Fanfest but they do anyway, is it considered an exploit? Can you ban them?

What if someone punches someone? Do you get to execute them like CONCORD?
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#6 - 2012-03-28 23:25:22 UTC
So that was HIS phone. Been crankin his momma

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

DurrHurrDurr
Dreddit
#7 - 2012-03-28 23:25:31 UTC
Or do you just take all of their clothes, since they don't lose their pod in-game?
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-03-28 23:27:45 UTC
A wild Durrhurrdurr appears. I hope the idiots in CCP realize he's going to petition every time a pubby talks to him because of the emotional scarring, and he'll have 2000 people in test doing it by the end of the night as well...

The fallout for this whole thing has made it worth my subs this month though.
Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-03-28 23:28:41 UTC
DurrHurrDurr wrote:

I'm sorry, but the logs show nothing.

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

adam smash
Department of Gub'nent Welfare
Harkonnen Federation
#10 - 2012-03-28 23:32:04 UTC
lol all you babies, the problem is CCP never said you can't say mean things! HAHA

TBH I think everyone here crying should be banned from voting this would make eve REAL

Just as people IRL can't vote due to actions... people in eve can't either :D
Raptor217
Nomadic Spacial Bunnies Support Division
#11 - 2012-03-28 23:32:49 UTC
Apparently all actions taken at fanfest hold to the ingame EULA/TOS.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-03-28 23:32:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Fredfredbug4
I'm pretty sure I saw a video of many people stepping up to and down from the microphone before the 10 second session change timer could finish. This is an exploit! CCP! FIX YOUR FANFEST!

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Infinimo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-03-28 23:33:52 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/8q5Pt.jpg

Theta Squad best squad. Monocle crew represent~

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-03-28 23:35:17 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Spitfire
Spam removed. Spitfire

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Kaz Urik
Tax Evasion Best Evasion
#15 - 2012-03-28 23:37:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaz Urik
Infinimo wrote:

Put yourself in CCP's shoes. Do you allow the guy who *received* 25% of all votes to continue to hold his position in the CSM at the expense of possible lost revenue due to bad press?

Cyber bullying is a MAJOR issue in the US right now as such CCP will have to do everything it can to protect its bottom line even if it is against what the users of their product want. Unless, of course, the users can make that the bigger revenue loss.
Raptor217
#16 - 2012-03-28 23:43:09 UTC
Kaz Urik wrote:
Infinimo wrote:

Put yourself in CCP's shoes. Do you allow the guy who 25% of all votes to continue to hold his position in the CSM at the expense of possible lost revenue due to bad press?

Cyber bullying is a MAJOR issue in the US right now as such CCP will have to do everything it can to protect its bottom line even if it is against what the users of their product want. Unless, of course, the users can make that the bigger revenue loss.

Since you decided to put on the serious pants I guess I will too. Trolls ingame do this kind of stuff all the time. Hell, I've gotten death threats from people I've scammed. But they didn't get 30 day bans.... Now. I don't condone asking someone to kill themselves because that's flat out wrong. But, I know far too many people who would take enjoyment out of trolling someone into thinking their suicidal.
Apollo-Moor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-03-28 23:51:54 UTC
Raptor217 wrote:
Kaz Urik wrote:
Infinimo wrote:

Put yourself in CCP's shoes. Do you allow the guy who 25% of all votes to continue to hold his position in the CSM at the expense of possible lost revenue due to bad press?

Since you decided to put on the serious pants I guess I will too. Trolls ingame do this kind of stuff all the time. Hell, I've gotten death threats from people I've scammed. But they didn't get 30 day bans.... Now. I don't condone asking someone to kill themselves because that's flat out wrong. But, I know far too many people who would take enjoyment out of trolling someone into thinking their suicidal.

So you then realize why Mitanni had to be banned or removed from CSM. You yourself said that telling someone to off themselves is bad taste...

I agree
Mistress Lilu
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-03-28 23:53:06 UTC
blahblahblah,blahblah,blahblah.
30day ban, booted from had of cms, brilliant.
brilliant, and all his doin.
rolf.
Raptor217
#19 - 2012-03-28 23:57:41 UTC
Apollo-Moor wrote:
Raptor217 wrote:
Kaz Urik wrote:
Infinimo wrote:

So you then realize why Mitanni had to be banned or removed from CSM. You yourself said that telling someone to off themselves is bad taste...

I agree

Bad taste yes. even he agrees that it was in bad taste. Now I don't know what CCP was expecting to get out of a live - drunk - mittani. He wasn't going to be church clean. Now, that was all in person, violating an ingame EULA. Last I checked, the EVE EULA doesn't apply to everywhere else I go....
Dak Dallocort
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2012-03-29 00:22:46 UTC
Is anyone at CCP getting punished over this? I didn't see the guy with the mohawk doing anything to intervene. He could have at least killed the audio or something. I guess it wasn't a big deal to them until the gaming press made a stink about it.
123Next page