These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

CCP - You host and encourage an "unfiltered" and drunken troll-fest, then cry foul?

First post
Author
Lexmana
#21 - 2012-03-28 11:55:19 UTC
Graic Gabtar wrote:
Sainrin wrote:
Its live tv... and they are drinking, fan fest wouldnt of been nearly as fun without copious amounts of alcohol as with everything in life, get off your high horse.
I'm not on any high horse.

I just want CCP to explain their sudden piety with regards to the Alliance Panel.

I'm not making any judgements, I'm asking for an explanation.

It is just meta-gaming at the corporate level. I am sure they didn't like that Mittani outed the name of the player but the rest seems to be sanctioned by CCP. They want to be the bad boy MMO and this is part of their PR strategy.

I know many players don't agree. Hey many players even wan't to remove non-consensual PvP, ban scammers and likes to call suicide gankers griefers that violate the EULA. But it is OK, these players are needed in the game too because of all the drama they help generate. And drama is what feeds EVE.

Don't be surprised if EVE will grow it's subscription base because of the Mittani Gate meta-gaming drama.
Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#22 - 2012-03-28 12:09:31 UTC
Lexmana wrote:
Graic Gabtar wrote:
Sainrin wrote:
Its live tv... and they are drinking, fan fest wouldnt of been nearly as fun without copious amounts of alcohol as with everything in life, get off your high horse.
I'm not on any high horse.

I just want CCP to explain their sudden piety with regards to the Alliance Panel.

I'm not making any judgements, I'm asking for an explanation.

It is just meta-gaming at the corporate level. I am sure they didn't like that Mittani outed the name of the player but the rest seems to be sanctioned by CCP. They want to be the bad boy MMO and this is part of their PR strategy.

I know many players don't agree. Hey many players even wan't to remove non-consensual PvP, ban scammers and likes to call suicide gankers griefers that violate the EULA. But it is OK, these players are needed in the game too because of all the drama they help generate. And drama is what feeds EVE.

Don't be surprised if EVE will grow it's subscription base because of the Mittani Gate meta-gaming drama.
Yes I will agree with that to a degree, but from that (and indulge my tinfoil) that CCP would make a statement like that to enhance the meta game drama?

Agree they might not have liked it but from what you are saying we could infer they are simply creating turmoil for PR? That could be judged as more insidious than how we got here in the first place - not to mention far fetched.

CCP still are not saying anything more than what could be regarded as weak spin here when there should be explanation.

Their event and their "expectations".

I just want to know what policies CCP have that allow drunk people to basically represent them live on stage and then cry foul if it doesn't end well.
Keen Fallsword
Skyway Patrol
#23 - 2012-03-28 12:11:02 UTC
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
What? Do you hate alcohol or something? Don't fudge it up for me. I want to go to Fanfest someday and be greeted with beer on a bus.

alcohol is for noobs
Viola Wolf
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-03-28 12:16:45 UTC
I agree with the OP. CCP encourages drunk and disorderly behavior at fanfest, and that's exactly what they get. It's all fun until someone crosses the line. The responsibility here lies with CCP more than anyone else.
Taihbea
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-03-28 12:22:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Taihbea
Viola Wolf wrote:
I agree with the OP. CCP encourages drunk and disorderly behavior at fanfest, and that's exactly what they get. It's all fun until someone crosses the line. The responsibility here lies with CCP more than anyone else.

+1
Question is what are the rules if some people get a ban for swearing in Jita and then liveTV harassement is pretty much left untold (at this point which is quite some time already).

One ******* bunch of hypocrites and in my eyes nothing positive is coming out of it.
Misanth
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
#26 - 2012-03-28 12:23:50 UTC
Right now, I wear a pair of black pants, with black socks and boxers, a black t-shirt, but to spice it up a bit and feel hip I have a red hoodie over that.

AFK-cloaking in a system near you.

Lexmana
#27 - 2012-03-28 12:26:47 UTC
Graic Gabtar wrote:
Yes I will agree with that to a degree, but from that (and indulge my tinfoil) that CCP would make a statement like that to enhance the meta game drama?

Agree they might not have liked it but from what you are saying we could infer they are simply creating turmoil for PR? That could be judged as more insidious than how we got here in the first place - not to mention far fetched.

CCP still are not saying anything more than what could be regarded as weak spin here when there should be explanation.

Their event and their "expectations".

I just want to know what policies CCP have that allow drunk people to basically represent them live on stage and then cry foul if it doesn't end well.

CCP don't want to create drama. They leave that to us players. They only create the stage for drama to happen - like the alliance panel at fanfest and of course New Eden. This is what makes EVE famous and attracts subscribers and this is the reputation they want to be spread on the internet by players in forums and the likes. However, as a corporation they want another message out to the public - that they are a responsible company that develop a high quality MMO and play by all the rules. That is what i mean by meta-gaming at a corporate level.

Maluscious Melody
The First Foundation
Legion of xXDEATHXx
#28 - 2012-03-28 12:34:03 UTC
I don't care.
Im Super Gay
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-03-28 12:55:10 UTC
Keen Fallsword wrote:
Meryl SinGarda wrote:
What? Do you hate alcohol or something? Don't fudge it up for me. I want to go to Fanfest someday and be greeted with beer on a bus.

alcohol is for noobs

Yes, please pass the heroin.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-03-28 12:59:11 UTC
Keen Fallsword wrote:
Meryl SinGarda wrote:

alcohol is for noobs

Alcohol is fine. Getting uncontrollably drunk surrounded by mics and cameras,not so much.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#31 - 2012-03-28 13:04:34 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Alcohol is fine. Getting uncontrollably drunk surrounded by mics and cameras,not so much.

I'll get drunk wherever the hell I want, tyvm. Perhaps if I was on a serious business trip, I might be forced to refrain, but going to Iceland to represent my friends in an internet space ship game?

Just count yourself lucky they wouldn't let me on the plane with acid tabs and ketamine.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Welsige
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-03-28 13:29:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Welsige
its a fraking game, and a horrible one at it.

Its not like the players at fanfest are senators or something - all this talk is trash talk, why else people would fly to iceland, to behave themselves? At that cold? Hahahaha, the fools - its a drunken vacation and a time off serious responsabilities.

"Oh yeah i am flying to iceland to attend a serious spaceship event"..... you work at Nasa?

~Deal with it~

Gimme my beer.

[b]~ 10.058 ~

Free The Mittani[/b]

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#33 - 2012-03-28 14:38:15 UTC
Please do not create multiple threads about the same topic.

Thread locked.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Previous page12