These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Anti-Swarm

First post
Author
Basileus Volkan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-03-28 06:10:19 UTC
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
"Players across EVE rise up to defeat the evil Goonswarm Empire"

Now where have I heard this before...
Doctor Eezee
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-03-28 06:14:40 UTC
Funny that people are still going on with this instead of sperging about the player that actually hurt himself, because he was scammed ingame.

https://twitter.com/#!/Adelboy

Write that dude something nice instead of posting pointless **** in here.

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

Akai Kvaesir
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
#23 - 2012-03-28 06:21:08 UTC
Doctor Eezee wrote:
Funny that people are still going on with this instead of sperging about the player that actually hurt himself, because he was scammed ingame.

https://twitter.com/#!/Adelboy

Write that dude something nice instead of posting pointless **** in here.

You made me almost pee with laughter. Funny does not begin to describe the misdirection your bringing to the discussion. Nowhere in this thread have I attempted to "go on with this" (this being MittaniGate), yet you, a Goon, decided to come in here on your high horse and tell me to tell him something nice instead of posting pointless ****.

You pretty much just prove my point. You Goons provide the best ingame reason to do FW. I don't want to fight the Minmatar Republic, I want to crush the Goonswarm. Lets take this forum-war into EVE, and make some good PR for the game WE ALL LOVE TO PLAY. That IS why your posting here, right?

You Goons DO love playing EVE, don't you?

Frogblast the Vent Core! When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Lord Mandelor
Oruze Cruise
White Stag Exit Bag
#24 - 2012-03-28 06:25:18 UTC
I am with you OP, but to form this fleet we will need some supercaps.
Luckily, I have heard of a third party ship dealer known as The Mitanni who will surely give a fair offer.
Akai Kvaesir
#25 - 2012-03-28 06:34:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Akai Kvaesir
Lord Mandelor wrote:
I am with you OP, but to form this fleet we will need some supercaps.
Luckily, I have heard of a third party ship dealer known as The Mitanni who will surely give a fair offer.

You, sir, made me pee. That being said, just because the Goonswarm has a craptastic amount of supercaps, doesn't mean there aren't those out there who have at least a few supers, and happen to have a grudge or two against the evil empire.

Frogblast the Vent Core! When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Doctor Eezee
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-03-28 06:49:54 UTC
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

You Goons DO love playing EVE, don't you?

We really don't.

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

Akai Kvaesir
#27 - 2012-03-28 07:01:31 UTC
Classy tactic, diverting the thread into a pointless discussion (Who wouldn't say Roadhouse rules?). Your avoidance of the OP proves your fear. Man up, Goonswarm. Being top dog means your first to fall.

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#28 - 2012-03-28 07:03:17 UTC
I think I missed somethign while I slept... So now this has caused so much uproar that Sony might pull the plug on Dust, CCP might collapse and Eve will just be stopped?

Get a grip guys, please. Theres tinfoil, and theres TINFOIL, I think this stepped into new territory overnight...

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Akai Kvaesir
#29 - 2012-03-28 07:06:44 UTC
Also, I love how much people love to hate Goons, and Goons love to hate pubbies and lord their elite status as PVP nullsec gods every chance they get; but when it comes to turning a PR disaster into a potential PR goldmine, while at the same time giving a legitimate reason for awesome, widescale factional warfare...all I hear are excuses, lame attempts at misdirection, and so much bittervet.

EVE is better than that. We don't need a large scale alliance, we just need the Anti-Swarm. Simple objective: cause damage to the Goonswarm whenever possible. You can do it solo, you can do it in a 1000 man PL fleet. Either way, lets grief the griefers. I mean, why not? Is real (at least as real as virtual gameplay is concerned) war not as fun as static fictional warfare?

ExhumeToConsume
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-03-28 07:07:14 UTC
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
Why is it so hard to see the potential good the PR campaign on this could be? "Players across EVE rise up to defeat the evil Goonswarm Empire"...Makes "EVE is Real" seem like a kiddie pool.

EDIT: Also, I agree that there are WAYYYYYYYYYYY too many ways this could go badly. Why not embrace one way that might go right?

PEOPLE OF EVE!!!!
ExhumeToConsume
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-03-28 07:08:37 UTC
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
Also, I love how much people love to hate Goons, and Goons love to hate pubbies and lord their elite status as PVP nullsec gods every chance they get; but when it comes to turning a PR disaster into a potential PR goldmine, while at the same time giving a legitimate reason for awesome, widescale factional warfare...all I hear are excuses, lame attempts at misdirection, and so much bittervet.

EVE is better than that. We don't need a large scale alliance, we just need the Anti-Swarm. Simple objective: cause damage to the Goonswarm whenever possible. You can do it solo, you can do it in a 1000 man PL fleet. Either way, lets grief the griefers. I mean, why not? Is real (at least as real as virtual gameplay is concerned) war not as fun as static fictional warfare?

Sorry, the pubbies already killed GoonSwarm
Sidus Sarmiang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-03-28 07:11:46 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
ExhumeToConsume
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-03-28 07:13:28 UTC
Sidus Sarmiang wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
Classy tactic, diverting the thread into a pointless discussion (Who wouldn't say Roadhouse rules?). Your avoidance of the OP proves your fear. Man up, Goonswarm. Being top dog means your first to fall.

I'd hardly call Roadhouse pointless.

I've never seen it, but after reading the Wikipedia plot I can only say its a masterpiece.
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-03-28 07:15:54 UTC
ExhumeToConsume wrote:
Sidus Sarmiang wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

I'd hardly call Roadhouse pointless.

I've never seen it, but after reading the Wikipedia plot I can only say its a masterpiece.

Do I detect the Goons are a bit peeved?
Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#35 - 2012-03-28 07:16:14 UTC
[
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
[Why is turning a forum war between Goons and pubbies into a real EVE war a bad thing? I thought we all liked playing that internet spaceships game...

Taking it to an ingame war means giving your approval to the Goon idea that their kind of forum / fanfest / etc behaviour is a valid way of "playing the game". By doing so you validate the idea, that bullying, coaxing for tears, pointing and laughing when someone is upset, and public humiliation of them on Fanfest are on the same level of "the game" as is making spaceships explode.

Whether doing so is a bad thing can be a matter of debate. Personally I would be hesitant. I value sportsmanship about pixelated explosions; however I do not value bullying those who are unable to show it when they lose. I would rather not reward the bullies by deliberately, out of my own initiative, giving them fun explosions. But whatever you think about it, before making any decisions you should realize that playing their game means accepting it as valid.
Akai Kvaesir
#36 - 2012-03-28 07:29:18 UTC
Hate me all you want. I only care about EVE being a great game. And yes, the Anti-Swarm plays into the GSF playstyle, but hey, isn't that better than whining? At least we might generate some good PR to counter all the bad PR from this debacle.

My one man corp is due more to a lack of desire to pay an NPC corp 10% in taxes. Yeah, I am a carebear, but only because to PVP means to sit in a blob and stare at colored squares, since there is no small gang warfare pretty much anywhere.

Hijack my thread, hate on me, do whatever you want Goons. Your time has come, whether it is the Anti-Swarm or some other action taken against you. You didn't think you would ALWAYS be top dog, did you? Hubris has a price.

That said, I'm sick of Roadhouse's continued under-appreciation by today's youth. There is nothing quite like a roundhouse kick to the face.

Akai Kvaesir
#37 - 2012-03-28 07:31:42 UTC
Again, I'm sick of talking about this bull****. I'm just trying to have fun blowing up spaceships. You can get pissy if you want, Goons, but it won't stop me from having fun at your expense.

Funkert
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#38 - 2012-03-28 07:39:19 UTC
News at 11: The first Eve Crusade of Outraged Citizens has left Jita to get rid of the Goonswarm scourge once and for all.

News at 11:15: They jumped into lowsec and died. Goonswarm was on their way to do battle but never got there in time.
Avid Bumhumper
Beekeepers Anonymous
#39 - 2012-03-28 07:47:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Avid Bumhumper
Andski wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
Andski wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
So this whole flamewar over MittaniGate can go one of two ways.

That's where you're wrong.

Which is where? In the two potential paths? Or that this is a flamewar between pubbies and Goons?

The idea that this can only go two ways.

So what happened to Everyone's favorite Bob stalker, and Mittens mouthpiece(Alt?) Ladie Harlot?

Seems like her non stop diatribe died about the time Mitten decided to apologize? And I can't remember the last time that happened..... Shocked

My Tinfoil hat has been sugically implanted, so no,it is not for sale.....

Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#40 - 2012-03-28 07:49:35 UTC
Avid Bumhumper wrote:
[quote=Andski]So what happened to Everyone's favorite Bob stalker, and Mittens mouthpiece(Alt?) Ladie Harlot?

Seems like her non stop diatribe died about the time Mitten decided to apologize? And I can't remember the last time that happened..... Shocked

People who want to support Mittens in this should have stopped when he apologized, to make his apology more believable. Maybe some of them actually get that?