These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

The Anti-Swarm

First post
Author
Akai Kvaesir
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
#1 - 2012-03-28 05:44:26 UTC
So this whole flamewar over MittaniGate can go one of two ways.

Either the causehoars will cry so loudly that CCP and Sony's relationship may be damaged, EVE will suffer, and DUST will be a flop; OR, we use the upswing of anti-Goon fervor to generate legitimate and engaging In-Game RP, create an awesome PR moment for CCP, and show DUST players why EVE is the champion of bad***ery and emergent gameplay.

In the spirit of "EVE is Real," I say we take the hate into space, and take the fight from the forums to the Goons themselves. So what if they have the single largest armada in EVE, that just makes the achievement all the more worth it. Britain had the world's greatest army and navy, and yet a ragtag bunch of colonists kicked the tea and crumpets outta 'em. Maybe New Eden could take a few lessons from that.

So join me. Join the Anti-Swarm. From many, one; one goal, many approaches. Let the fight begin!

[Also, screw off all y'all RP haters, especially you goonie RP haters, this is the best reason for FW I've ever seen in a game]

Frogblast the Vent Core! When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-03-28 05:45:46 UTC
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

Either the causehoars will cry so loudly that CCP and Sony's relationship may be damaged, EVE will suffer, and DUST will be a flop; OR, we use the upswing of anti-Goon fervor to generate legitimate and engaging In-Game RP, create an awesome PR moment for CCP, and show DUST players why EVE is the champion of bad***ery and emergent gameplay.

In the spirit of "EVE is Real," I say we take the hate into space, and take the fight from the forums to the Goons themselves. So what if they have the single largest armada in EVE, that just makes the achievement all the more worth it. Britain had the world's greatest army and navy, and yet a ragtag bunch of colonists kicked the tea and crumpets outta 'em. Maybe New Eden could take a few lessons from that.

So join me. Join the Anti-Swarm. From many, one; one goal, many approaches. Let the fight begin!

[Also, screw off all y'all RP haters, especially you goonie RP haters, this is the best reason for FW I've ever seen in a game]

Sorry there were real life implications to what happened.

This is not something to be brushed of as a GAME thing.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2012-03-28 05:46:17 UTC
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

That's where you're wrong.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-03-28 05:46:41 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:

Such as?

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Akai Kvaesir
#5 - 2012-03-28 05:49:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Akai Kvaesir
No, there weren't. As someone who has battled with depression and suicide, what was said is not acceptable coming from a political position of power; however, the player in question did not actually take his life (thank whatever deity you believe in, life is precious no matter what). Thus, we are left with a potential PR disaster. Why not use it for the good of the game? Who loses but Goonswarm? (Even then, that's debatable. Goons need us pubbies to grief.)

EDIT: Also, I'm sick of talking about this bull****. I'm just trying to have fun blowing up spaceships. You can get pissy if you want, Goons, but it won't stop me from having fun at your expense.

Frogblast the Vent Core! When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Akai Kvaesir
#6 - 2012-03-28 05:50:31 UTC
Andski wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

Which is where? In the two potential paths? Or that this is a flamewar between pubbies and Goons?

Serene Repose
#7 - 2012-03-28 05:50:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
It isn't a flame war. Mitt clearly violated the terms he agreed to when becoming a member of the CSM. Maybe he should have taken such incidentals more seriously. Maybe he applies to real life the same wanton disregard he applies to this game. Whichever the case, he agreed. He violated said agreement.

It is now a matter of CCP enforcing the terms of this agreement, as they do to us with the EULA and TOS.

It isn't clear, regardless of CCP's cosmetic move to "investigate" the matter, whether CCP is safe from civil or even criminal liability. To keep Mitt is to sanction Mitt. I doubt CCP's legal beagles think he's that important to the bottom line. (They could be the only people considering this that aren't certifiably delusional!)

These posts, rapt with the idea some show of hands by EVE players has any standing in this situation just prove how out of touch the wizards of New Eden are with the world they actually live in.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Akai Kvaesir
#8 - 2012-03-28 05:53:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Akai Kvaesir
Serene Repose wrote:
It isn't a flame war. Mitt clearly violated the terms he agreed to when becoming a member of the CSM. Maybe he should have taken such incidentals more seriously. Maybe he applies to real life the same wanton disregard he applies to this game. Whichever the case, he agreed. He violated said agreement.

It is now a matter of CCP enforcing the terms of this agreement, as they do to us with the EULA and TOS.

It isn't clear, regardless of CCP's cosmetic move to "investigate" the matter, whether CCP is safe from civil or even criminal liability. To keep Mitt is to sanction Mitt. I doubt CCP's legal beagles think he's that important to the bottom line. (They could be the only people considering this that aren't certifiably delusional!)

These posts, rapt with the idea some show of hands by EVE players has any standing in this situation just prove how out of touch the wizards of New Eden are with the world they actually live in.

I agree with you that it is in CCP's hands, and that the Chair of the CSM shouldn't behave that way, no matter what. I even agree that what we say won't change a thing. Why is turning a forum war between Goons and pubbies into a real EVE war a bad thing? I thought we all liked playing that internet spaceships game...

EDIT: the flamewar i refer to is the 100+ pages on multiple threads stating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over...i think you get the picture. Lets move on, and blow **** up.

Basileus Volkan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-03-28 05:54:56 UTC
I am willing to provide insider info and intel on Goons for the paltry sum of 20m per piece of intelligence.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2012-03-28 05:55:54 UTC
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
Andski wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

Which is where? In the two potential paths? Or that this is a flamewar between pubbies and Goons?

The idea that this can only go two ways.

Kallynda Nai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-03-28 05:56:10 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

No there weren't.

Yes it is.
Kallynda Nai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-03-28 05:57:17 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

Do you have a copy of that agreement or are you just making **** up?
Serene Repose
#13 - 2012-03-28 05:57:36 UTC
Basileus Volkan wrote:
I am willing to provide insider info and intel on Goons for the paltry sum of 20m per piece of intelligence.
Only problem with THIS offer is, there has to be some intelligence to provide.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-03-28 05:58:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Reese
To OP, agree with you. It is a matter between Mittani, CSM, CCP and the victim if he feels as such. For myself, I am partaking in discussions because I love what eve offers and don't like the negative PR that has come of it. Hopefully intellectual discussion can cause some non negative PR, and proper actions by the involved parties has eve shown in a serious light. It does bring more to the forefront just how engrained the eve image is however. Many gamer sites putting it up, and the most noticable comment is only how that is to be expected of eve. Time for a PR show.

You know, that might be something. They have mass tests, but eve really needs a demo of what it's really all about. Would be awesome if ccp did a backup mirror, had everybody gather on sisi for just one all out burn the servers down brawl, just to see what it can do. No mass test server log, just mirror it, everybody blows up, then restore mirror since supercaps aren't seeded. Probably relieve alot of the rabble stress to have just one no concequence all out brawl.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Akai Kvaesir
#15 - 2012-03-28 05:58:34 UTC
Hey, I'm not some mathmetician, and two sounded better than a vague guestimation of the potentialities resultant from what the Chair of the CSM said, and the subsequent forum fallout. I just want an in game RP war that is fun and isn't some stale static bull****. Don't you want to play internet spaceships?

Basileus Volkan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2012-03-28 05:59:18 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Basileus Volkan wrote:
Only problem with THIS offer is, there has to be some intelligence to provide.

My brilliant plan, foiled so easily. What?
Frying Doom
#17 - 2012-03-28 05:59:40 UTC
Andski wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:
Andski wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

The idea that this can only go two ways.

God I hate agreeing with you at times, but again I do. This could go so many ways very few of them good.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Berke Negri
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-03-28 06:00:16 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Akai Kvaesir wrote:

you seem to be getting pretty worked up

you should probably take a break from the game and take a mental health day
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-03-28 06:00:25 UTC
Basileus Volkan wrote:

Isn't Goons and Intelligence contradictory statements? Roll

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Akai Kvaesir
#20 - 2012-03-28 06:02:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Akai Kvaesir
Why is it so hard to see the potential good the PR campaign on this could be? "Players across EVE rise up to defeat the evil Goonswarm Empire"...Makes "EVE is Real" seem like a kiddie pool.

EDIT: Also, I agree that there are WAYYYYYYYYYYY too many ways this could go badly. Why not embrace one way that might go right?

123Next pageLast page