These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Mining bots a problem? What can we do?

Author
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#21 - 2011-09-25 04:25:35 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Renan Ruivo wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:
If its mining in high-sec then it's either (read, definatly) a bot, or someone who desperatly needs to be snapped out of it by a smartbombing rokh.

This is not true. I run a Hulk on Screen 2 (or a Mack) while I am "doing my thing" on Screen 1. Screen 2 pays for Screen 1..

In high sec? I'm calling bullshit right here =)

Why?

Because i can't believe that anyone in their right minds would mine, with one hulk, alone, in high sec enough ore to amass 380.000.000,00 ISK in under 30 days. Even on a second screen.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

The Apostle
Doomheim
#22 - 2011-09-25 04:36:04 UTC  |  Edited by: The Apostle
Quote:
Because i can't believe that anyone in their right minds would mine, with one hulk, alone, in high sec enough ore to amass 380.000.000,00 ISK in under 30 days. Even on a second screen.

Oh. lol. No. Didn't say PLEX. It pays for Screen 1 loses/mods etc...

I pay all my accounts off the ol' CC.

But just so ya know, you could make 380m a mth on a Hulk but it'd be many hours of work and you'd be "out of your right mind" true as. What?

Conservatively, 2m / hr x 8 hrs = 16m/day. Make that in about 24 days though.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2011-09-25 08:28:29 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Renan Ruivo wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:
If its mining in high-sec then it's either (read, definatly) a bot, or someone who desperatly needs to be snapped out of it by a smartbombing rokh.

This is not true. I run a Hulk on Screen 2 (or a Mack) while I am "doing my thing" on Screen 1. Screen 2 pays for Screen 1..

In high sec? I'm calling bullshit right here =)

Why?

780 mil in 30 days in one hulk mining every single ore .. bought first charon with it.
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2011-09-25 09:18:13 UTC
ZynnLee Akkori wrote:
Unless/until CCP decides to fix it, is there any way we, the players, can combat bot miners?

the only way to help is to contribute to the problem until it is game-threatening enough to make ccp come up with a fix.
beor oranes
Annihilate.
#25 - 2011-09-25 09:38:05 UTC
Ask them really politely not to do it and inform them if they don't that you will have to ask again and this time you wont say please?!
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2011-09-25 12:50:25 UTC
I like mining bots. They keep the price of ships nice and low.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

David Grogan
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2011-09-25 14:58:35 UTC
T'Laar Bok wrote:

*9th screen is of course reserved for donkey p0rn as any right thinking person knows.

fixed that for you.

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

Devil's Call
Social safety
#28 - 2011-09-25 15:13:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Devil's Call
Why do people complain about mining bots, apperently they earn 1.5 plex per month with 23/7 hours of mining? You can make that in 4 hours of high-sec incursions... -.-'? Seems like their electricity bill is higher then what they make. Not to mention the effort to keep the bots running I imagine.
David Grogan
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2011-09-26 12:07:09 UTC  |  Edited by: David Grogan
Devil's Call wrote:
Why do people complain about mining bots, apperently they earn 1.5 plex per month with 23/7 hours of mining? You can make that in 4 hours of high-sec incursions... -.-'? Seems like their electricity bill is higher then what they make. Not to mention the effort to keep the bots running I imagine.

not quite

the bots mine but the mins goes into building supers for drf & co

the tech moons pay the electric bill

Everytime you buy something that says "made in china" you are helping the rising unemployment in your own country unless you are from china, Buy locally produced goods and help create more jobs.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2011-09-26 13:44:05 UTC
ZynnLee Akkori wrote:
Unless/until CCP decides to fix it, is there any way we, the players, can combat bot miners?

Don't buy ISK illegally.

AFKCloaked AltSpy
Doomheim
#31 - 2011-09-26 16:20:21 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Quote:

This is not true. I run a Hulk on Screen 2 (or a Mack) while I am "doing my thing" on Screen 1. Screen 2 pays for Screen 1.

It's the people trying to pay for Screen 9 with Screens 8,7,6,5,4,3,2 and 1 that get on my case. Kill 'em all...

10 legit miners are fine. 1 bot is not.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#32 - 2011-09-26 16:40:09 UTC
ZynnLee Akkori wrote:

I suggest a gank-fit battlecruiser or arty BS like a tempest; fit low meta or even T1 turrets, don't bother with any tank, only mods that improve your peak or effective DPS. If you can find a friend to work with you, a pair of geddons phoons with 8 large smartbombs can wreak havoc on those all too blatant tightly cluster bots. If possible have a friend or alt on hand to scoop loots. The occasional lucky drop can pay for several new ships. Don't forget to platimum-insure!

For example:

[Harbinger, ganky]
Heat Sink I
Heat Sink I
Heat Sink I
Heat Sink I
Heat Sink I
Tracking Enhancer I

Warp Disruptor I
Stasis Webifier I
Target Painter I
Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive

Heavy Modal Pulse Laser I, Multifrequency M
[empty high slot]

Hammerhead I x5

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#33 - 2011-09-26 16:46:50 UTC
Devil's Call wrote:

So you're saying that because mining bots have depressed the price of minerals to the point that only bots find it worth while to mine, we should leave mining to the bots?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Previous page12