These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The new Reaper..

Author
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#1 - 2012-03-27 07:23:31 UTC
..looks amazing! I think it looks really great. Minmatar ships look ugly as hell in general. Hope all Minnie ships gets the same looks as the reaper.

So thats that. So many people emoraging over it, I thought I'd give some feedback on the positive side. I'm sure many people agree with me, but as we all know, only angry people post on forums.

inb4 shitstorm.

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Denuo Secus
#2 - 2012-03-27 07:35:24 UTC
I like it as well.
Sinigr Shadowsong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-03-27 07:50:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Sinigr Shadowsong
Hannott Thanos wrote:
..looks amazing! I think it looks really great. Minmatar ships look ugly as hell in general. Hope all Minnie ships gets the same looks as the reaper.

So thats that. So many people emoraging over it, I thought I'd give some feedback on the positive side. I'm sure many people agree with me, but as we all know, only angry people post on forums.

inb4 shitstorm.

Completely agree with you, new Minmatar ships actually look good (Reaper, Tornado). Wish they will rework ugliest ones too: Tempes, Typhoon, Mammonth, Rupture, Stabber etc.
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-03-27 09:16:16 UTC
So we've identified the problem that people who like the new Minmatar designs like them because they aren't truly Minmatar designs.

Well, that's nice.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Crellion
Nano Rhinos
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#5 - 2012-03-27 09:22:36 UTC
Halete wrote:
So we've identified the problem that people who like the new Minmatar designs like them because they aren't truly Minmatar designs.

Well, that's nice.

While I agree with you in principle, if more people do like them than not (dont think so but hey) I m ure CCP will have no issues to make a backstory of Minmattar fleet getting it's hands on a couple of actual shipyards (shock-horro) and streamlining production and designs or whatnot... Lol
Darthewok
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-27 09:23:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Darthewok
Someone should do a poll of how many people like and how many hate each of the new ship designs and why.
It would be enlightening, and probably quite interesting.
Unfortunately there is no poll mechanism in this forum (far as I know).

CAVEAT RICHARDUS VOLVERE - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-03-27 09:25:28 UTC
Crellion wrote:
Halete wrote:

Well, that's nice.

While I agree with you in principle, if more people do like them than not (dont think so but hey) I m ure CCP will have no issues to make a backstory of Minmattar fleet getting it's hands on a couple of actual shipyards (shock-horro) and streamlining production and designs or whatnot... Lol

I prefer the idea of them stripping the sails off of the ships, giving them a lick of green/grey paint and sending them to the quafe drinkers and the tube people.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#8 - 2012-03-27 12:04:23 UTC
Sinigr Shadowsong wrote:
Hannott Thanos wrote:

inb4 shitstorm.

Completely agree with you, new Minmatar ships actually look good (Reaper, Tornado). Wish they will rework ugliest ones too: Tempest, Typhoon, Mammonth, Rupture, Stabber etc.

YOU TOUCH THE ******* TEMPEST YOU DIE
Arlen Fehrnah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-03-27 13:38:24 UTC
I also prefer the newer style. Some(most) of the old minmatar ships were majorly ugly. Also, they just looked TOO rusty and cobbled together. Remember, they are still spaceships. They can still travel at several AU/s and have high tech shielding etc. They can't really be made out of rust and duct tape, as much as people would like to think that.

Besides, if they insist on everyone flying Minmatar ships to be competitive, they can atleast make the damn things less ugly lol
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-03-27 14:03:05 UTC
Arlen Fehrnah wrote:
... They can't really be made out of rust and duct tape, as much as people would like to think that. ...

You really underestimate Sebiestor ingenuity.

Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#11 - 2012-03-27 14:08:58 UTC
I like it too..

What I don't get is why people have to have racial similarity in ship designs.... because the model T Ford looks just like a Ford Mondeo doesn't it.

Old ships were designed quickly to perform the job, now the Minmatar have had a little time to actually polish the edges off. Nothing wrong with that at all. What would be cool though is that the models were all still in game so new ones were built with new model, old ones left with old. Too much to ask I know but still.....
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-03-27 19:09:23 UTC
I don't like the new reaper model.

Old one had flavor.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#13 - 2012-03-27 19:12:01 UTC
Caleidascope wrote:

Old one had flavor.

What do you mean by that? The new model has flavor too.
It still has pixel-thin solar panels or whatever those are, and the dark industrial look, only it looks cooler (imo)

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-03-27 23:24:57 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Caleidascope wrote:

Old one had flavor.

What do you mean by that? The new model has flavor too.
It still has pixel-thin solar panels or whatever those are, and the dark industrial look, only it looks cooler (imo)

Old reaper had stuff sticking out, holes in places, it looked like something put together from whatever was around.

New reaper looks like it was made at the factory, everything neatly in place.

Here is old reaper:
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/02/Eve-Online-Reaper3.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/eve/images/f/f0/Reaper.jpg

Here is new reaper:
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/02/Eve-Online-new-Reaper.jpg

I honestly don't know what ccp was thinking when they decided to make new models for the noob frigs.

Eat dessert first!

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#15 - 2012-03-27 23:39:26 UTC

These are spaceships. They are constructed in high-tech factories and designed by reasonably well-educated engineers presumably. Even the reaper is capable of t Minmatar ships may be a bit more thrown together/rustic but these principles still hold. Having them look like they were thrown together by a toddler with KNex isn't them having flavor, it's dumb

Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-03-27 23:54:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Caleidascope
Kahega Amielden wrote:

These are spaceships. They are constructed in high-tech factories and designed by reasonably well-educated engineers presumably. Even the reaper is capable of t Minmatar ships may be a bit more thrown together/rustic but these principles still hold. Having them look like they were thrown together by a toddler with KNex isn't them having flavor, it's dum

We will have to agree to disagree in regard to our philosophies

Either way I look at it, I usually zoomed out too far to even see the ship I fly. That is why all the model changes (scorp model, noob frigs) are really of no use to me. I would rather have ccp working on fixing problems or writing expansions that don't need 3 or 4 patches as soon as the expansion is rolled out. Instead ccp is fixing things that are not broken, that just silliness to me. Just my personal opinions, I really do not desire nor intend to change anyone's opinion on the subject.

Eat dessert first!

Clyde ElectraGlide
Emara Entertainment Inc.
#17 - 2012-03-28 00:08:08 UTC
The Stabber and the Burst are the only really ugly Minmatar ships. All the others are fine and represent the 'scrapheap' look that Minmatar ship design exhibits.

In Need of a New Signature

Arlen Fehrnah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-03-28 00:25:51 UTC
I actually think the Stabber is one of the better Minmatar hulls. The Burst isn't exactly great, but there are much worse. Its the Tempest/Typhoon/Maelstrom/Rupture/Bellicose that are my main dislikes(yes, I hate all of the BSs, unfortunately) So far I've loved all the new Rookie Ships/Stealth Bombers, it seems CCP have really got the ship design for Eve sorted now. If they made a new Thrasher or Cyclone in the new style, I'd be all over that.

Also, I don't know how some people play the game really far zoomed out. I always like to have my ship close enough to see. I just couldn't play the game when everything is just a coloured square. I certainly didn't save up the cash for my Armageddon, just to give my green square a few more low slots.
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#19 - 2012-03-28 00:53:16 UTC
Quote:
Either way I look at it, I usually zoomed out too far to even see the ship I fly. That is why all the model changes (scorp model, noob frigs) are really of no use to me. I would rather have ccp working on fixing problems or writing expansions that don't need 3 or 4 patches as soon as the expansion is rolled out. Instead ccp is fixing things that are not broken, that just silliness to me. Just my personal opinions, I really do not desire nor intend to change anyone's opinion on the subject.

I agree. CCP should just take all their texture artists and put them to work fixing code bugs.
Veneth
Twilight Paradox
#20 - 2012-03-28 01:32:26 UTC
I find myself enjoying the newer Minmatar ships more and more and the older ones less and less. As others have said it all made sense to start but it's been a while now.. Shouldn't some Minmatar ships start to look.. you know.. NEW? It'd be nice if they came out with the ability to have either an old rusty POS Tempest or a a newly manufactured nice looking Tempest..
12Next page