These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drone Region Nerfs in a Month

Author
fugazii
Slippery Penguin
#41 - 2012-03-27 07:04:51 UTC
It may go back to pre drone prices but not pre conquerable station prices. 13k is a fools dream.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2012-03-27 11:05:13 UTC
JD Rocketfeller wrote:
According to Fanfest slide that said "drogue region iteration". They didnt really talk about it though so I imagine it will be a stealthy nerf.

well. i don't think last droneland war started because of future nerf Shocked

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Hemmo Paskiainen
#43 - 2012-03-27 11:07:43 UTC
I bought 15 mil units of morhpite at 3300 isk pu 2-3 months ago...... morphite will surly hit the 10k isk per unit like it did before

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Breaker77
Reclamation Industries
#44 - 2012-03-28 00:46:20 UTC
I wish there was a place that was hard to find but much safer than 0.0 space to mine ABC's and Mercoxit.

Oh wait, all the WH dwellers will change over to mining once the ISK per hour exceeds running sleeper sites for T3 materials.

If you look over the past few years of market data you will find that once WH space was added the high end mineral prices dropped like a rock. It's kind hard to imagine making 30-40 mil per hour mining high end ores, but that is exactly what happened when WH space was added, at least at first. Then once everyone realized how safe WH mining was, everyone started doing it. Even a boring C1 WH can have grav sites that spawn enough ore to supply 5 or 6 miners with 8 or 9 hours of nonstop mining of just the high end ores.

If you think of all the people who live out of WH space who just ignore grav sites, this will add up to a sizable number. They will either start mining, find miners to join them, or "rent" space to miners.

2500 systems full of high end ores WILL make a difference once people start mining them!

xNEWxTROLLxHEREx
Doomheim
#45 - 2012-03-28 01:30:38 UTC
Too late to buy in?
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#46 - 2012-03-28 01:42:47 UTC
xNEWxTROLLxHEREx wrote:
Too late to buy in?

Not at all.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

xNEWxTROLLxHEREx
Doomheim
#47 - 2012-03-28 01:45:18 UTC
Pirate
Abatu
#48 - 2012-03-28 02:20:43 UTC
So the bet are on Zydrine? :)
Chevalleis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-03-28 07:27:01 UTC
I'm still wondering why nocx didn't go up like zyd and morph. Perhaps because it's available from more sources?
lafforet
Amarr Royal Trust Bank
#50 - 2012-03-28 08:14:18 UTC  |  Edited by: lafforet
Answer is simple - you need hundreds of billions to manipulate each of the markets. No one noticed that drone poo removal is still only to come? Big smile
Amon Calis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#51 - 2012-03-28 10:12:20 UTC
Seems zydrine has stabilized this afternoon, 1600 or s/unit. Probably won't last long....
papamike
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2012-03-28 10:37:16 UTC
Amon Calis wrote:
Seems zydrine has stabilized this afternoon, 1600 or s/unit. Probably won't last long....

Calm before inevitable shitstorm come day after patch day.

Considering the hype and sheer size of invested capital, im not sure whether prices will plummet with all the short term investors dumping stock or rise rapidly with all the long term investors helping force the speculation bubble.

The price is artificially high atm, but because the nerf is spreading like wildfire, everyone is holding off on selliing except those who were happy to buy in @ 700-800 and cash out @ 1600.

Cant complain about 100% ROI in 30days.
Hemmo Paskiainen
#53 - 2012-03-28 12:01:21 UTC
im slowly selling 200 mil units, so yeah it will be stabilizing :p... took me 5 months to buy not bad though few 100b profit :p

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#54 - 2012-03-28 12:06:40 UTC
SamtheDog wrote:
Damn.

From CCP itself, 40% of high end minerals coming from drone regions is going to be stopped.

That will have an immediate and incredibly dramatic effect on the prices of high end minerals.

I also noticed that right after that interview, zydrine is now 1490 bid / 1560 sell.

I'm going to assume that most who are selling have not seen the video or haven't the proper information.

This change is so dramatic, I feel a 10x increase was too small (750 -> 7500 per unit of zydrine).

I'm leaning towards 10-13k now per unit if this happens when supply is cut literally in half.

And the mad dash towards buying has aleady begun and shows now real signs of abating..I may buy another 20bn of zydrine myself.

Sam

Aren't you ignoring the fact the non-drone sources have been fantastically increased? W-space alone could easily supply the whole game if the incentive was sufficient, and 7.5kp/u would definitely be sufficient, since that's what? 80M/hr+ per Hulk? 100M/hr? Not to mention the largely untouched ABC belts in sov 0.0, not to mention the potential from mining anoms in Industrially Upgraded sov systems. I'm no great fan of mining, but I have Hulk capable characters on both of my accounts and for 200M/hr you can bet I'd get them both shooting rocks right away.

High ends will rise to the level it which it pays to mine in nullsec and no higher.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mookie Quantico
Doomheim
#55 - 2012-03-28 12:13:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Mookie Quantico
papamike wrote:

Considering the hype and sheer size of invested capital, im not sure whether prices will plummet with all the short term investors dumping stock or rise rapidly with all the long term investors helping force the speculation bubble.

Quite likely a roller-coaster cycle of both -- but with an overall upward trend.

People are citing the pre-Drone regions prices -- which is only part of the story. Overall, there are simply more consumers, buiding bigger ships, (and blowing them up) in the EVE economy these days... so going back to pre-Drone Alloy supply levels (or anywhere near such levels) is hilarious.

But as for Nocxium, well, the Hi Sec ore source Pyro gives a pitiful amount compared to almost any other source in Low, Null and W-space... Drone Alloys being 50-51% of the Nocx supply.

Folks might also remember a very recent BLOG by CCP Screegs about how many botter recently got nuked... that would be THIS YEAR's cull, not last year's.

Endorse or refute as many or as few factors as you like... the simple mathematics of diminishing supply isn't hard to grasp.

Mook.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#56 - 2012-03-28 12:35:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
Even excluding the drone regions, potential supply is vastly higher than it was pre-drone regions. Active population as maybe doubled, but W-space alone has more than doubled the potential supply, without even counting mining anomalies.

EDIT: Not to mention Orcas, Rorquals, Hulks that are 200M not 500M, the generally higher average SP level, much more efficient supply chains (Jump Freighters, Jump Bridges) and probably several other factors all of which mean that potential supply will still exceed demand.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

SamtheDog
Singularity.
TALON ALLIANCE
#57 - 2012-03-28 12:36:56 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
SamtheDog wrote:
Damn.

From CCP itself, 40% of high end minerals coming from drone regions is going to be stopped.

That will have an immediate and incredibly dramatic effect on the prices of high end minerals.

I also noticed that right after that interview, zydrine is now 1490 bid / 1560 sell.

I'm going to assume that most who are selling have not seen the video or haven't the proper information.

This change is so dramatic, I feel a 10x increase was too small (750 -> 7500 per unit of zydrine).

I'm leaning towards 10-13k now per unit if this happens when supply is cut literally in half.

And the mad dash towards buying has aleady begun and shows now real signs of abating..I may buy another 20bn of zydrine myself.

Sam

Aren't you ignoring the fact the non-drone sources have been fantastically increased? W-space alone could easily supply the whole game if the incentive was sufficient, and 7.5kp/u would definitely be sufficient, since that's what? 80M/hr+ per Hulk? 100M/hr? Not to mention the largely untouched ABC belts in sov 0.0, not to mention the potential from mining anoms in Industrially Upgraded sov systems. I'm no great fan of mining, but I have Hulk capable characters on both of my accounts and for 200M/hr you can bet I'd get them both shooting rocks right away.

High ends will rise to the level it which it pays to mine in nullsec and no higher.

I tend to make around 500M/hr doing what I do when I do it. A slow day for me is around 400M/hr, a good one is around 600M.

It's not something that can be taken away, contested or rented. It's 100% secure and legit and free of the annoyaces of game poltics.

Sam
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#58 - 2012-03-28 12:45:59 UTC
Your claims of half a billion an hour are literally less than irrelevant. Not everyone claims to be or is even interested in being a pro trader.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

SamtheDog
Singularity.
TALON ALLIANCE
#59 - 2012-03-28 22:43:43 UTC
corestwo wrote:
Your claims of half a billion an hour are literally less than irrelevant. Not everyone claims to be or is even interested in being a pro trader.

I'm not a trader. Never really traded in Jita for anything other than what I wanted to buy.

Sorry to dissapoint.

Sam
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#60 - 2012-03-28 23:59:32 UTC
SamtheDog wrote:
corestwo wrote:

I'm not a trader. Never really traded in Jita for anything other than what I wanted to buy.

Sorry to dissapoint.

Sam

So substitute "whatever you do" for "pro trader". It's still a valid point, and your half billion an hour claims are still less than irrelevant.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo