These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Don't Just Investigate The Mittani, The Goons Themselves Need Banning

Author
Padme Amidala Naberrie
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-03-27 17:42:22 UTC
Well, I have seen the video like I am sure a lot of people have by now.

First of all, what the hell were CCP doing letting a clearly drunk player take part in a presentation being streamed live?

Secondly, it also comes across as not just a little hypocritical to be "investigating" The Mittani when a CCP employee also took part in the mocking of a player struggling with mental illness (and I am a sufferer of depression myself so now how debilitating this illness is).

But now we have member after member of the Goons only making matters worse by defending the comments made by their leader and making even worse comments about this whole situation.

In my mind if CCP are in any way serious about their zero tolerance policy on the matter then the Goons need to be disbanded. Just because they are several thousand strong it doesn't put them above the rules.

Which they clearly think they are.

So show you have a pair CCP and take action against this reprehensible alliance.

Javier McPoopbeard
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-03-27 17:42:34 UTC
lol
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-03-27 17:44:03 UTC
hahahaha

CRY
MORE
PUBBIE
Lord Mandelor
Oruze Cruise
White Stag Exit Bag
#4 - 2012-03-27 17:44:04 UTC
Now this is just getting silly.
Kallynda Nai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-03-27 17:44:39 UTC
Stop posting forever.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-27 17:44:40 UTC
I like the goons all being in the same place frankly :P

disbanding them forcefully means tonnes of angry goons elsewhere doing what they do.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

thatboydc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-03-27 17:45:18 UTC
**** goons
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-03-27 17:46:03 UTC
Padme Amidala Naberrie wrote:
Well, I have seen the video like I am sure a lot of people have by now.

First of all, what the hell were CCP doing letting a clearly drunk player take part in a presentation being streamed live?

Secondly, it also comes across as not just a little hypocritical to be "investigating" The Mittani when a CCP employee also took part in the mocking of a player struggling with mental illness (and I am a sufferer of depression myself so now how debilitating this illness is).

But now we have member after member of the Goons only making matters worse by defending the comments made by their leader and making even worse comments about this whole situation.

In my mind if CCP are in any way serious about their zero tolerance policy on the matter then the Goons need to be disbanded. Just because they are several thousand strong it doesn't put them above the rules.

Which they clearly think they are.

So show you have a pair CCP and take action against this reprehensible alliance.

Though i cant agree with your ban the goons idea. I do feel the moderation team needed to be more on the ball with the goons and goon haters and what they are doing in threads. They have made everything worse by miles and meters.

This is not the SA forums.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Naga Elohim
Aeras Krekan Syndicate
#9 - 2012-03-27 17:47:24 UTC
Another cowardly ****** posting with his alt...

really OP can MOVE the F**K ON already?
stoicfaux
#10 - 2012-03-27 17:48:14 UTC
No reason to ban the Goons. (Well, temp forum bans for mindless spamming to create noise as a means of "shouting down" people in threads might be in order.) But otherwise, hating the Goons isn't a reason to ban the Goons.

And yes, I think CCP now realizes that: Alcohol + Live Video Streaming + Company_Name = Stupid.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

low26
Phantom Space
Space Madness.
#11 - 2012-03-27 17:48:23 UTC
While I agree what Mittens did deserves him getting the boot from CSM this is realy silly. Goons do not deserve to be punished for that.
Piatora
Bad Investments ULC
Diplomatic Incidents.
#12 - 2012-03-27 17:48:26 UTC
In order to further my own political/social/economic agenda I will point to an event that is not even remotely related to something and then cry about how a certain other something should happen as a direct result!! I demand this action be taken immediately because of morality and fair play and space honour!!
Tarikan
Preload Thorium
Get Off My Lawn
#13 - 2012-03-27 17:49:06 UTC
Yes lets ban THEM gOONS!, **** EM! RAWR.

really? please don't post anymore. this is similar to saying "why not instead of banning one Russian bot we ban all of Legion of death because we all know they are bots killing our economy!"

dumb OP
Selinate
#14 - 2012-03-27 17:49:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Selinate
I'd have to disagree with this. The reason I pounced on this situation is because this sort of behavior has been going on in Eve for a long time, largely in the shadows and out of the public eye. It's disgusting, and it's been going on for too long. This doesn't include scamming either, I'm ok with scamming really, but when people directly harass other people, blatantly make disgusting jokes about r*pe, murder, or suicide, and then get away with it, THIS is what must stop. It's been one of the single biggest turn-offs for new Eve players ever since I can remember, and is actually one of the big reasons I take a hiatus every now and then since I'm just disgusted by the fact that it remains in game and CCP does jack **** about it.

Don't ban the goons as an alliance. Uphold a policy against these kinds of remarks in general in the Eve universe. Uphold a reputation of scum and villainy that includes stealing, betrayal, etc. in Eve all you want, that's fine but when it comes to these kinds of remarks, something really has to be done. It's even good for CCP from an economic standpoint, they just have to get off their asses and do something about it...
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-03-27 17:50:39 UTC
No...I hate Goons as much as everybody else but they do bring an element to this game that is uniquely part of the Sandbox. They have a right to be assholes in EvE just as we have a right to hate them for being assholes.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

JamesCLK
#16 - 2012-03-27 17:51:54 UTC
Welcome to the next level of "shitstorm in a tea cup".

:psyduck:

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Starcaller Dredg
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-03-27 17:58:03 UTC
I've always viewed the CSM as a direct representation of the playerbase and not of CCP. Y'know, because we're the ones that press the 'vote' buttons.

Getting mad over CCP for the actions of someone they had no hand in electing is not constructive nor does it reflect a history of critical thinking on your part.

So The Mittani was drunk on the panel. CCP could remove him, sure, but he is THE representative of the playerbase as elected by the players.

I didn't vote for him, but he still garnered the majority of the votes. That's how voting works. You don't like him? how about instead of blaming CCP, start a campaign to impeach him, or at the very least attempt to dethrone him during the next elections. Be his watchdog and whistleblower.

Or maybe instead of crying, why don't you do something constructive like infiltrate goonswarm.

I will rise To dreams of freedom And avow To return the treason that came under your reign

Calfis
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-03-27 18:01:13 UTC
Yes banning an alliance that hold large swaths of territory would not be considered devs playing game politics Roll