These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Drag/drop players and item types into textfields

First post
Author
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2012-03-27 15:17:43 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
Hi all

A few weeks ago I wrote a devblog, and in the comments thread for it people asked for the ability to drag characters to name field when creating private contracts and have the name added there. I thought that was a good idea, and have implemented it.
What I was hoping you could help me with, is to list all the textfields where you think this should happen.

The fields I have already changed are the following
  • "private" field when creating contracts
  • field in the "auditing" tab in the corp window
  • searching for invitees for an calender even
  • member field in the transaction tab of corp wallet
(this had already been implemented in the contract search

I did the same for item types, so you can drop them in these fields
  • corp/personal asset search field
  • transaction fields in personal and corp wallet
  • item exchange field in contracts

Thanks a bunch P

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#2 - 2012-03-27 15:43:43 UTC
skills from skill list/queue to chat. should map to skillbooks

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Jace Errata
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-03-27 16:42:10 UTC
Drag and drop ammunition or modules from your HUD to chat and market? I'm not sure how practical that is for loaded modules though, you'd have to have some way of choosing whether you wanted to drag the module or the charge...

tweeten

One day they woke me up so I could live forever

It's such a shame the same will never happen to you

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2012-03-27 16:45:36 UTC
Jace Errata wrote:
Drag and drop ammunition or modules from your HUD to chat and market? I'm not sure how practical that is for loaded modules though, you'd have to have some way of choosing whether you wanted to drag the module or the charge...

That's actually possible now.

But right now I'm focusing more on finding those one line fields (we call them singlelineditfieldsP) where you should be able to drag either a character or a type but can't.

But thanks for your suggestions though Smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-03-27 16:48:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Gilbaron
hmm, the watchlist ?

and anything out ot the broadcast window (hint: make stuff clickable there !)

oh, you would blow my mind if i could drag and drop drones from the drone window to a player in my watchlist or fleetchat to assign them to him

edti: screw the watchlist, already working *shameonme*
Jace Errata
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-27 17:18:11 UTC
Can links be dragged from one chat to another? Because that seems like it would be useful.

Also, how about if dragging a fleet broadcast into chat created a link with the same right-click options as if you right-clicked on the broadcast?

Ummmmmmmm....
nope I'm out.

tweeten

One day they woke me up so I could live forever

It's such a shame the same will never happen to you

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#7 - 2012-03-27 17:37:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
CCP karkur wrote:
Jace Errata wrote:

But right now I'm focusing more on finding those one line fields (we call them singlelineditfieldsP) where you should be able to drag either a character or a type but can't.

Skills from your skill book. I get tried of looking for them in the market to link to new characters in help.

Long shot though Items from overview.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-03-27 17:40:19 UTC  |  Edited by: St Mio
* Character -> Locator agent query dialog please :D
* Drag from Show Info > Variations tab to chat
* Drag items from LP store window to wherever
* Item entries in Show Info window don't have View Market details, e.g. Show Info on Nidhoggur > Attributes > Jump Drive Fuel Need > Hydrogen Isotopes
* Sort of out of scope (sorry!) but Channel Configuration, would be nice to be able to right click > Show Info on people in the tab lists there
Quade Warren
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-03-27 17:43:25 UTC
Not sure if you can do this, but could you maybe click and drag your current ship fitting from your capacitor to any chat field/email? I'm at work so I actually haven't attempted to see if this can already be done.
St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-03-27 17:47:29 UTC
Quade Warren wrote:
Not sure if you can do this, but could you maybe click and drag your current ship fitting from your capacitor to any chat field/email? I'm at work so I actually haven't attempted to see if this can already be done.

Nope! Dragging your capacitor moves your HUD left/right across your screen.
Quade Warren
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-03-27 17:49:22 UTC
St Mio wrote:
Quade Warren wrote:

Nope! Dragging your capacitor moves your HUD left/right across your screen.

You are so right, I remember that now. I'd switch em up. Shift+Click to drag HUD, click drag for fitting.
Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#12 - 2012-03-27 18:19:41 UTC
This may not be a text line, but right now if you drag too much stuff into an open cargohold window, a window pops up letting you select how much of that stuff to move in. If you drag too much stuff onto a ship in the ships window, it just errors. Worse, if you shift-drag that stuff onto a ship, it just errors, even though shift-drag is supposed to give you the opportunity to split a pile.

It's a very small thing, and a low priority in any sane development timeline, but it would make me happy.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Quade Warren
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-03-27 18:38:17 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Jace Errata wrote:

Mainly some wspace pain points I've noticed.

First thing that comes to mind is scanning. I'd like to be able to drag/drop into market or right click ships in the dscan/scanner so I can determine what type of ship I'm up against. Experience really speaks for itself, but this may help new players. One of the newer members in my corp asked me what a Drake was the other day, so yeah... newbie help. Might also be beneficial to be able to drag and drop ships scanned out with probes, too.

Also, can we drag and drop players from the overview into chat fields or email? This is a wspace thing, since there is no player list in local to work off of, but maybe I'm watching invaders from a cloaked position and have a bead on them. Again, I never thought to try until you asked and I'm at work so I can't test it. If we cannot do this currently, this would be an interesting thing to implement.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#14 - 2012-03-27 19:13:47 UTC
Would be nice to be able to drag a system name into a bookmark. For an example of use, "WH to _______"

I'd like to be able to drag the name of ANYTHING you're looking at an info window on (alliance, character, item, system, station...if it has an info page that can be linked, I should be able to link it from that info page).

On a related UI note, context menus:

"search assets" for items.

Right click > search contracts on items IN a contract. Right now if i'm looking at a contract with multiple faction modules in it, I have to do quite a bit of work to determine if it's a fair market value.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#15 - 2012-03-27 19:17:20 UTC
St Mio wrote:
* Character -> Locator agent query dialog please

This would have the added benefit of newer players learning what locator agents are BEFORE a griefer follows them unerringly across empire space. (yep, that happened to me, I had no idea how he always knew where I was).

St Mio wrote:
* Drag from Show Info > Variations tab to chat

Also, please give us the meta level in the variations tab. I hate having to open the comparison window and enable the meta level option just to figure out which module I want to use.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Seloena
Mighty Orca Inc
#16 - 2012-03-27 20:17:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Seloena
CCP karkur wrote:
If anyone is still reading this thread, maybe you can join me in this thread and help me out Lol
I pretty sure that after last changes / posts / promises a lot of people will wait and wag their tail like dog when you post anything on that forum :p
I will for sure :p

• Mowing Journal -> Agent -> Missions to the chat (few of my members can do that right now, but not all - its bugged?)

• Skills from skill queue -> chat
  • Skills from character sheet -> chat
  • Implants from character sheet -> chat (view market details under rmb would be nice too)
  • Corporation -> Members List -> drag players onto chat (also would love to see "set destination" submenu option there)

Nothing more comes to my mind now....

BTW. Did I said that I love you for dblclick on market order in wallet? ^.^" If not: I Love U
How about shift+click for "modify Order"?
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#17 - 2012-03-27 20:28:13 UTC
The major RSI cause is the LP store, if you want to redeem an item in bulk you have a total clickfest. A text box like on the da\tacores or market buy window would be much appreciated.

If you could also drag the fittings for ships you aren't currently in, if the client could translate the 'view contents' into the ship fitting the same as your current ship, that would be of use.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

No Master Heluene
Shits N Giggles
#18 - 2012-03-28 02:16:06 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Hi all

A few weeks ago I wrote a devblog, and in the comments thread for it people asked for the ability to drag characters to name field when creating private contracts and have the name added there. I thought that was a good idea, and have implemented it.
What I was hoping you could help me with, is to list all the textfields where you think this should happen.

Thanks a bunch P

Ad the Mac way, that picking one or shift klicking 2 or more items in a window behind what U do, is NOT bringing it to enoying front.
No Master Heluene
Shits N Giggles
#19 - 2012-03-28 02:17:14 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Hi all

Thanks a bunch P

Ad the Mac way, that picking one or shift klicking 2 or more items in a window behind what U do, is NOT bringing it to enoying front.
Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#20 - 2012-03-28 08:14:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Bubanni
FROM OVERVIEW TO CHAT

Overview, name of character -> to chat window or watch list if in fleet... it would make, making watch list even easier...
it could make "target calling" from overview (other than broadcast) be an alternative... or what ever

Possibly make it so you have to hold some a shortcut key before you can drag and drop from the overview or it might mess up some situations for people

EDIT: While we are at it, make an option inside the overview settings to toggle off "Lock overview when mouseover"... regardless of how proud you were of that "forced" function... it was a function we already had before by holding down CTRL which is what we use when locking targets anyway...

it's easier to select new targets on the overview when it's not "locked" example... just shot a guy in his ship, and his pod comes out... the ship is still showing because the overview is locked and the pod shows up at a new spot on the overview instead of replacing the spot where the ship was... or when all the ships are leaving your overview because they are warping away, but you are desperately trying to catch something before it warps... the ships that already left the overview are still showing... making it harder to click something that hasn't... THAT IS WHY IT SHOULD BE OPTIONAL!!!

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

12Next page