These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EPIC eve music

Author
Daeva Teresa
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-03-27 06:05:00 UTC
People arent turning music off because it sucks, but because they use some form of fleet comunication (like shouting "WTF is fleet comander doying? He wants to kill us?!?" on the monitor).

If you are alone (im never alone, I do even a missions with friends and even if im not in a fleet, I still do talk with them) then go ahead, you can play what ever you want with the ingame player or use IDontCareWhat player you like.

Try to understand this: CCP has reduced number of theyrs employers (who knows why) and if they have some team that works with sound, I would be much hapyer if they will remake the sound efects (of the guns mostly) than music that no one in a fleet can have on.

CCP really please dont use Upgraded, Limited, Experimental and Prototype in item names. It sounds like the item is actually worse than basic meta 1 item. Use Calibrated, Enhanced, Optimized and Upgraded. Its really easy to understand that the item is better than meta 1 and its also in alphabetic order.

Khorr Dark
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-03-27 10:15:24 UTC
I for once like the background music of EVE; but some tracks have aged badly. For example, some of the mission-specific upbeat tracks sound just silly these days.
erittainvarma
Fistful of Finns
#23 - 2012-03-27 10:57:52 UTC
I actually think EVE's current background music is great.

Usually when I start playing new game I shut the musics instantly because they usually try to sound "epic/massive" like the songs in OP. Even if the track really is good and works in the game, it gets boring after few plays and couple times more you absolutely hate listening it.

What is great in EVE's background music, is that you can really keep it going for weeks and it doesn't get you mad.

Nowadays I activate EVE sounds about once in 3 months to just get that nostalgic moment from the past when I was sailing through EVE's universe for the first couple months and was absolutely clueless how to really play the game.

Below the Asteroids.
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#24 - 2012-03-27 11:03:21 UTC
Khorr Dark wrote:
I for once like the background music of EVE; but some tracks have aged badly. For example, some of the mission-specific upbeat tracks sound just silly these days.

This is true. They are dated but not game breaking or even game changing. They cause no issues to the grand majority or players as the grand majority of players don't listen to ANY music at all. The ones who do (and aren't whining fools) merely listen to whatever they want.

If CCP could make new, better, more immersive music without it affecting the development of any other part of the game (ie someone in CCP do it for the love of it in their own time) then all well and good.

For those who want to listen to music but are bored of their music collection you could always try http://www.eve-radio.com/

If you still have a problem with the music in EvE not being all you want it to be here's a suggestion: Stop whining and make some of your own music. Post it to CCP and see if they'll add it to the game. If it's good enough they might even reward you with iskies. If it's not good enough they won't but you can just add it to the ingame jukebox and it'll be like they have. Everyone's a winner!
Previous page12