These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

So CCP - can you eliminate the CSM now?

First post First post
Author
stoicfaux
#21 - 2012-03-26 14:52:38 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
goons may have been able to get 10,000 for their main man, but remember while goons want to destroy the game, ccp makes far to much money and has way too much fun to let it happen through csm.

bla bla agenda this bla bla agenda that, passionate csms one way or another are better to have than not to have.

This ^^. Incarna notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure that CCP knows who pays their salaries. The CSM with its experienced members, does give CCP a good sounding board to bounce ideas off and prevent another Incarna situation.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-03-26 14:56:23 UTC
Aranakas wrote:
Carebears have.... that guy that we heard other carebears talking about. Oh yeah, he seems like a good guy. I'll vote for him. For most people, internet spaceship presidents and congressmen isn't an important enough topic to research in any depth.

It would have taken less than half an hour to read all the candidates threads to see what they stood for. If so-called carebears aren't even willing to take that small amount of effort then they don't deserve to have their voices heard.

Fortunately for them Mittens has shown over and over again that he advocates for things that are good for the game as a whole even when they are detrimental to Goons.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Aranakas
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2012-03-26 15:05:40 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Aranakas wrote:
Carebears have.... that guy that we heard other carebears talking about. Oh yeah, he seems like a good guy. I'll vote for him. For most people, internet spaceship presidents and congressmen isn't an important enough topic to research in any depth.

It would have taken less than half an hour to read all the candidates threads to see what they stood for. If so-called carebears aren't even willing to take that small amount of effort then they don't deserve to have their voices heard.

Fortunately for them Mittens has shown over and over again that he advocates for things that are good for the game as a whole even when they are detrimental to Goons.

Pointless, even if EVERY carebear voted, there are too many candidates and carebears don't belong to just one alliance.

It's a broken system, whether carebears "deserve" to have fun playing internet spaceships or not.

Aranakas CEO of Green Anarchy Green vs Green

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-03-26 15:14:29 UTC
Aranakas wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Aranakas wrote:

Pointless, even if EVERY carebear voted, there are too many candidates and carebears don't belong to just one alliance.

It's a broken system, whether carebears "deserve" to have fun playing internet spaceships or not.

All I keep hearing is how there are so many more carebears than nullsec players. Surely it wouldn't have been too much effort to agree on one of the carebear candidates. The process of voting was literally visiting a website...not sure how much easier you are expecting CCP to make it.

I think what's more likely is that carebears don't really care about the health of the game as a whole so they are unwilling to take any responsibility for electing a CSM that shares their views

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-03-26 15:37:15 UTC
just have 1 representative from every part of space
nullsec pvp, null sec industry/pve
WH pvp WH pve
ect in lowsec ( add FW) maybe?
ect in highsec

9 people, kinda like lord of the rings.
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2012-03-26 15:44:19 UTC
Ghoest wrote:
Its been explained before that the mechanics of the election system make the CSM unrepresentative of the averge EVE player.

Its has also been explained that the structure of the CSM promotes biased input that not only favor particular types of gamers based on playstyle but even particular factions based on in game politics.

And now the CSM is just simply embarrassing.

Its really time to kill it.

There are 14 seats on the CSM. if no one who'se position you agreed with managed to get even a second seven seat then you might want to consider that maybe you are just in a very small minority. Apparently not even 2000 out of 360000 potential voters cared enough to elect someone you like.

The csm is highly representative of the wishes of those who voted. Why should we listen to the complaints of those who didn't trouble themselves to click a button on a web page?
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#27 - 2012-03-26 15:46:36 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:
just have 1 representative from every part of space
nullsec pvp, null sec industry/pve
WH pvp WH pve
ect in lowsec ( add FW) maybe?
ect in highsec

9 people, kinda like lord of the rings.

So all of hi sec gets the same number of seats as all of Lo sec?

Apparently hi sec votes are only worth about a twentieth of Lo sec ones
Kojach Baumherr
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-03-26 16:07:25 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
See you guys say the 0.0 power blocs are a bunch of kids, but had you any real experience you'd be blown away by the level of organisation that goes into them, the web services support alone makes some companies look amateur.

i understand the time and effort that goes into maintaining an empire in null sec, sometimes i think about the infrastructure required to keep all the pos, jump bridges, jump drives, ect., fueled and im just like damn how do they do it

but that has nothing to do with them behaving like world class douchebags
Aranakas
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-03-26 16:14:38 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Aranakas wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Aranakas wrote:

All I keep hearing is how there are so many more carebears than nullsec players. Surely it wouldn't have been too much effort to agree on one of the carebear candidates. The process of voting was literally visiting a website...not sure how much easier you are expecting CCP to make it.

I think what's more likely is that carebears don't really care about the health of the game as a whole so they are unwilling to take any responsibility for electing a CSM that shares their views

I like Age of Empires, that doesn't mean I'm going to go to their website every day and fill out their polls. If the next installment in the series is crap, I guess it's my fault by your logic.

If 85% of eve players do not vote, it's a crappy system, not a crappy playerbase.

Aranakas CEO of Green Anarchy Green vs Green

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-03-26 16:16:48 UTC
Aranakas wrote:
I like Age of Empires, that doesn't mean I'm going to go to their website every day and fill out their polls. If the next installment in the series is crap, I guess it's my fault by your logic.

If 85% of eve players do not vote, it's a crappy system, not a crappy playerbase.

If CSM voting was done on a daily basis you'd have a point. Even the carebears should be able to rouse themselves to click on a link once a year.

Ghoest
#31 - 2012-03-26 17:18:46 UTC
Stop diverting attention from the main problem. The CSMs bias isnt the big problem.
The CSM is an embarrassment now - thats issue.

Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Marius Duvall
Tightpants Inc
#32 - 2012-03-26 17:34:36 UTC
Ghoest wrote:
Stop diverting attention from the main problem. The CSMs bias isnt the big problem.

Explain your argument.
Ghoest
#33 - 2012-03-26 21:14:00 UTC
Marius Duvall wrote:
Ghoest wrote:

Explain your argument.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/bully-pulpit/

The embarrassment is that everyone outside EVE(even MMO geeks that dont play EVE) now thinks what the CSM says actually represents the players of EVE in general.

Its embarrassing for CCP. Its embarrassing for players.

Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Revii Lagoon
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-03-26 21:26:41 UTC
I like how so many pubbies have misconceptions of how the CSM works. The vast majority of the issues the CSM talks about are issues that effect the player base as a whole rather than just goons with their own agenda. CSM is a communication tool for CCP to ask the players what the players might think of their ideas. Some are good, some are complete garbage. The CSM has no influence over any game design choices, but rather give feedback to CCP about the idea's that CCP puts forward.

Pubbies gonna pub regardless.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-03-26 21:27:41 UTC
Ghoest wrote:
Marius Duvall wrote:
Ghoest wrote:

Explain your argument.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/bully-pulpit/

The embarrassment is that everyone outside EVE(even MMO geeks that dont play EVE) now thinks what the CSM says actually represents the players of EVE in general.

Its embarrassing for CCP. Its embarrassing for players.

A handful of gaming-related websites who all copy/pasted the same blog post does not equal "everyone outside EVE".

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2012-03-26 21:35:49 UTC
Ghoest wrote:
Its really time to kill it.

Harrassing someone to kill themselves is (apparently, according to you pubbies) a violation of the EULA.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#37 - 2012-03-26 21:40:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
Aranakas wrote:

Funny story. Everyone in my 10 man alliance independently chose which candidate they wanted to vote for based on who we thought best represented out interests, turns out we all voted for the same person and that person got a seat on the CSM.

If you shut the up complaining and get informed about the candidates and then actually bother to vote, candidates that represent you will get elected to the CSM.
esc shk
Okay Sax
#38 - 2012-03-26 21:44:29 UTC
esc shk
Okay Sax
#39 - 2012-03-26 21:45:00 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Aranakas wrote:

Funny story. Everyone in my 10 man alliance independently chose which candidate they wanted to vote for based on who we thought best represented out interests, turns out we all voted for the same person and that person got a seat on the CSM.

If you shut the up complaining and get informed about the candidates and then actually bother to vote, candidates that represent you will get elected to the CSM.

Tell me more about voting for Issler.
Javier McPoopbeard
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-03-26 21:46:15 UTC
OP's avatar looks like a rapist.
Previous page123Next page