These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dear CCP, what did YOU get from fanfest?

First post
Author
jonnykefka
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#1 - 2012-03-26 13:04:11 UTC
Fanfest always comes with tons of useful revelations and interesting info for us players, but the back-and-forth nature of the Q&A sessions and roundtables mean that the devs get some information back as well.

So, just for posterity, what did CCP get from Fanfest 2012? Any good ideas that stood out? Any problems you hadn't noticed? What did you learn about EVE?

Hangovers don't count.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#2 - 2012-03-26 13:04:50 UTC
Applauds and worshipness?

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

CatreX Nolen
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-03-26 13:09:39 UTC
jonnykefka wrote:
Fanfest always comes with tons of useful revelations and interesting info for us players, but the back-and-forth nature of the Q&A sessions and roundtables mean that the devs get some information back as well.

So, just for posterity, what did CCP get from Fanfest 2012? Any good ideas that stood out? Any problems you hadn't noticed? What did you learn about EVE?

Hangovers don't count.

Since you ruled out hangovers, probably nothing.
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2012-03-26 13:11:06 UTC
Lots of really good feedback, some immediate action points, and a pressing need to sleep for a week.
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#5 - 2012-03-26 13:14:45 UTC
I remember the one keynote presentation on seeding planets where someone from the audience asked about what's going to be done about the water planets and that is it possible to include submarine warfare in such an environment. One of the developers there responded like it was a great idea.

Adapt or Die

St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-03-26 13:16:06 UTC
No cake?
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#7 - 2012-03-26 13:49:53 UTC
I went to the Christmas tree
Expecting there would be nothing for me
And I left completely satisfied.

Lol
jonnykefka
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#8 - 2012-03-26 13:52:57 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Lots of really good feedback, some immediate action points, and a pressing need to sleep for a week.

I was hoping for something a little more specific, but I suppose this is what I get for asking right after fanfest ends Roll
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#9 - 2012-03-26 13:57:01 UTC
jonnykefka wrote:
Hangovers don't count.
Don't discount hangovers. They are often a direct result of a major morale boost the evening before…

Quote:
I was hoping for something a little more specific, but I suppose this is what I get for asking right after fanfest ends
They probably had to get back to the office, try to decipher their notes, and have a hotwash session or two to determine what actually makes sense and what doesn't before they can start providing any specifics. P
CCP Konflikt
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-03-26 14:00:00 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Konflikt
An epic hangover (which counts), These pictures, an awesome time hanging around some really cool players and some good feedback :)

CCP Konflikt Quality Assurance Engineer Team Trilambda