These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Aura (Android Application)

Author
Marcel Devereux
Aideron Robotics
#1 - 2011-09-06 13:45:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcel Devereux
Greetings Capsuleers!

Please consult Aura's market page for support and feedback.

Join us in the Aideron Robotics in-game channel.

Also if you are on Google+ you really should send me a message saying that you are a EVE player. I often post updates and screen shot of features to my EVE online circle.
Sol Laxon
Talu Shaya
Talu Shaya Empire
#2 - 2011-09-06 16:48:49 UTC
Beautiful App!
noise
Space Defence Force
Primal Noise
#3 - 2011-09-06 17:01:35 UTC
Top Android app.

Thanks for all the work you put in!
Marcel Devereux
Aideron Robotics
#4 - 2011-09-06 17:01:39 UTC
Just wait until the next release. It really will be beautiful!
Zy'or Tealon
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-09-06 21:44:32 UTC
Marcel Devereux wrote:

I'm very curious! An ETA on that next release?
Marcel Devereux
Aideron Robotics
#6 - 2011-09-06 23:37:57 UTC
Zy'or Tealon wrote:
Marcel Devereux wrote:

I'm very curious! An ETA on that next release?

Sometime later tonight.
Nicholai Sanse
League of Non-Aligned Worlds
#7 - 2011-09-11 11:44:32 UTC
Bump for a good app.
Shingyoku
Griffin Support Services
Ad-Astra
#8 - 2011-09-11 17:14:37 UTC
did you just copy Nova down to the letter with this newest release? Not cool, not cool at all.
Marcel Devereux
Aideron Robotics
#9 - 2011-09-12 15:59:08 UTC
Shingyoku wrote:
did you just copy Nova down to the letter with this newest release? Not cool, not cool at all.

Oh my first troll! It has only taken 2+ years. How should I handle this? Should I point out that they copied Capsuleer and they even ADMIT to it? Or should I point out how that other than the dashboard they and the new chrome UI, which isn't a copied from another app, is basically the same user flow and UI for the past 2 years? Did I mention that I did NOT carbon copy another app?

Please before you troll do your research!
Metis Laxon
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-09-12 16:06:49 UTC
Congrats on your first! :P
Fergus Meikleour
#11 - 2011-09-12 16:14:42 UTC
Reason I bought an Android phone

Love the App
aKille's 10Don
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-09-12 16:37:16 UTC
Shingyoku wrote:

Just a bump for a great app and to take a minute and call Shingyoku a massive troll.
noise
Space Defence Force
Primal Noise
#13 - 2011-09-12 17:17:01 UTC
Marcel Devereux wrote:
Shingyoku wrote:

Oh my first troll! It has only taken 2+ years. How should I handle this? Should I point out that they copied Capsuleer and they even ADMIT to it? Or should I point out how that other than the dashboard they and the new chrome UI, which isn't a copied from another app, is basically the same user flow and UI for the past 2 years? Did I mention that I did NOT carbon copy another app?

Lol. Your first one was a real special one :D
Tyen
Ard Righ Fianna
#14 - 2011-09-12 18:11:55 UTC
Marcel Devereux wrote:
Shingyoku wrote:

You never forget your first.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-09-21 14:17:28 UTC
I love this app. Very good. Best EvE app by far.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Saju Somtaaw
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2011-09-21 14:51:33 UTC
Been using this since late december last year when I got my Android phone and love it, especially the new way to add APIs.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#17 - 2011-09-22 11:54:48 UTC
Brilliant App!!! kudos on this.!! 10/10
alteregoz
x13
#18 - 2011-09-23 03:41:07 UTC
Love the app....Great work!

Any idea when we will be able to use Corp keys again?
Evanova Android
Traquenard Labs
#19 - 2011-09-24 23:58:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Evanova Android
Marcel Devereux wrote:
Shingyoku wrote:

Let me jump into this...Starting with a small correction; *they* should be *he* Blink.

I have no shame in saying that yes, Evanova has taken a lot from Capsuleer. Humans learn by example. There should be no debate to have about wherever it is right or wrong, users choose by themselves. I am my first user, so that's the UI I chose. And of course, I am keeping an eye on Aura and also get inspiration from it.

Without any offense intended to Aura, I built Evanova because I wanted to build something Android and I wasn't thrilled by Aura's UI and general flow. If Aura chooses to follow some similar patterns, I don't see the problem with that. Actually, I am glad it does. Still, our focus is different and I believe taking from each other is in the end healthy and beneficial to our beloved users.

Congratulations for the latest Aura release.

Fly safe.
`Nova

[Addendumt]:
I downloaded the latest Aura version. All in all, your "Troll" cannot be blamed for his words. The new Aura dashboard is a copy of Evanova's one, and many other screens suddenly look "better". There's a thin line between inspiration and plagiarism and I personally believe you ventured a little too far away on that border. Tap in your imagination!

Evanova - The Android App for Eve Online

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2011-09-27 13:48:18 UTC
One thing I have noticed that can use some improvement.

The "Clone Out of Date" notification is a little annoying. I live in WH space so I don't always get a chance to leave and update my clone right away. Aura will incessantly notify me of this all day long. Even if I click "Ok"...it just keeps coming up with more notifications. I wouldn't mind if it reminded me the next day but this is constantly all day long.

Just a little feedback.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

123Next page