These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Racial BC in April or May?

First post
Author
Lexmana
#1 - 2012-03-25 15:41:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexmana
So, when are the new ship lines introduced? Is it in the "Escalation to Inferno" at April 24 or "Inferno" itself on May 22?
Lexmana
#2 - 2012-03-25 16:26:17 UTC
Anyone knows? I always though it was not due until Inferno but this thread suggest ship balancing already in Escalation to Inferno in April. It might be some other tweaks ofc but that is why I ask you Big smile

It makes a huge difference for my skill planing next month Shocked
Acac Sunflyier
The Ascended Refugees
Lord of Worlds Alliance
#3 - 2012-03-25 16:32:02 UTC
Think getting ship progression to make logical sense is higher on the list than adding more stuff to make it more complicated.
Lexmana
#4 - 2012-03-25 16:36:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexmana
Acac Sunflyier wrote:
Think getting ship progression to make logical sense is higher on the list than adding more stuff to make it more complicated.

Right, that makes sense. But such big change also seems more appropriate for a real expansion than sneaked into a small patch, but maybe that is why it is called "Escalation for Inferno".

Edit: Just found out that I need to burn a remap on my alt for this to make it before April 24.
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-03-25 16:47:50 UTC
Lexmana wrote:
Acac Sunflyier wrote:

Right, that makes sense. But such big change also seems more appropriate for a real expansion than sneaked into a small patch, but maybe that is why it is called "Escalation for Inferno".

Edit: Just found out that I need to burn a remap on my alt for this to make it before April 24.

racial battlecruiser and racial destroyer coming in on April 24th? If so I might still do it but it's going to be very tight.
Lexmana
#6 - 2012-03-25 17:21:51 UTC
Sasha Azala wrote:
[quote=Lexmana] racial battlecruiser and racial destroyer coming in on April 24th? If so I might still do it but it's going to be very tight.

The official dev blog only mentions Inferno and that is in May but the unofficial post on reddit suggest it is coming already in the pre patch in April. The unofficial post makes sense as suggested by Acac Sunflyier and that is why I am starting to believe that is when it is coming.

As of now, there is a bit of confusion and no official information. I guess you could gamble either way but I am leaning towards not take any chances and burn a remap.
Karsa Egivand
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-03-26 03:46:37 UTC
Truth be told, "taking your chances" doesn't cut it for all of us. The trade-offs are just painful if things don't go as assumed.

For one of my chars a (painful) bonus remap would make it for Inferno, but if its the precursor... i can scrap it because i can't get to BC V (and even 2x cruiser III) in time for April 22nd. So i won't do that remap unless i know its actually worth it. Of course if i find out in 2-3 weeks it would have been worth it, but didn't ... also painful.
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-03-26 04:02:50 UTC
Karsa Egivand wrote:
For one of my chars a (painful) bonus remap would make it for Inferno, but if its the precursor... i can scrap it because i can't get to BC V (and even 2x cruiser III) in time for April 22nd. So i won't do that remap unless i know its actually worth it. Of course if i find out in 2-3 weeks it would have been worth it, but didn't ... also painful.

Space Command 4 -> Battle Cruiser to 5 -> First Cruiser 3 -> Second Cruiser 3

Fastest way to get it, by concentrating on Battlecruiser to 5 and squeezing in the cruisers right after. Of course, I am in the same boat but need at least 3 battlecruiser ships because my alt had been intended to fly just cruisers/battlecruisers Ugh. But you just made me relize, I need at least racial cruiser 3 or the racial battlecruiser may not take affect when it crosses over to individual lines. Damn CCP and their linear line of thought Ugh, might have to skip destroyers to 5 (for laughs)
exigo veritas
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-03-26 07:21:12 UTC
Ive got 43 mill sp. after the ship line change ill have at least 10 mill waisted skill points that i didnt need to train for what i fly.

I am not happy.
Lexmana
#10 - 2012-03-26 07:41:51 UTC
Karsa Egivand wrote:
Truth be told, "taking your chances" doesn't cut it for all of us. The trade-offs are just painful if things don't go as assumed.

Yeah, I burned a remap just to be sure. I think there is still time if you can use +4s and have some skills trained but time is running out.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-03-26 08:13:45 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
exigo veritas wrote:
Ive got 43 mill sp. after the ship line change ill have at least 10 mill waisted skill points that i didnt need to train for what i fly.

I am not happy.

they should 100% refund the sp... then let us choose if we wanted all BC skill points ourselfs. Or even if we want to stop flying BCs altogether. How much could that really hurt the game in the long run, come on.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

fgft Athonille
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-03-26 09:19:38 UTC
exigo veritas wrote:

I am not happy.

the only skill that is required for t2 ships that is "useless" is electronic upgrades. all others have good benefits.

stfu
Qvar Dar'Zanar
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-03-26 09:39:51 UTC
What...? WHAT??
/me goes back to madly redo his skill planning.
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2012-03-26 10:30:25 UTC
There are two conditions needed before we split the Destroyers and Battlecruisers skill in four:

• We need to overhaul destroyer and battlecruiser ships themselves. Cutting your ability to fly those ships by four without taking care of the underpowered hulls is a no go, because that would mean new players going for one racial line would have a hard time having valid options in these two classes.

• We need to have a very solid skill reimbursement plan set in stone. Most likely, we would take care of the Destroyer and Battlecruiser skill refund in one move to be done with it and avoid the same inconvenience twice for our playerbase.

So no, to my knowledge skill changes are not coming in April; what we are most likely going to start with is to have a look at the tech 1 frigates and cruisers, then move up as time passes, but nothing is fixed yet.

We will do our best to let you know in advance if the skill changes are due for a specific release.
DelBoy Trades
Trotter Independent Traders.
#15 - 2012-03-26 10:41:43 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

• We need to have a very solid skill reimbursement plan set in stone. Most likely, we would take care of the Destroyer and Battlecruiser skill refund in one move to be done with it and avoid the same inconvenience twice for our playerbase.
  • [/list].

If you have Destroyer 5 and BC 5 now, will you have all the destroyer/BC racials to 5 after the change? I can't imagine people want to do extra training just to re-achieve a level they're already at.

Damn nature, you scary!

CCP Ytterbium
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #16 - 2012-03-26 10:53:01 UTC
    DelBoy Trades wrote:
    CCP Ytterbium wrote:

• [/list].

If you have Destroyer 5 and BC 5 now, will you have all the destroyer/BC racials to 5 after the change? I can't imagine people want to do extra training just to re-achieve a level they're already at.

YarrblblbgrlblbgrlblblblbblbgrlblblbgrblblyarrrrdrooooooolonthekeyboardlikealunaticCryCryCryOops

This question has already been answered many times, please refer to the dev blog comments. P
    Mara Rinn
    Cosmic Goo Convertor
    #17 - 2012-03-26 11:05:28 UTC
    CCP Ytterbium wrote:
    This question has already been answered many times, please refer to the dev blog comments. P

I pity the life of a developer, when you have to deal with people who won't read stuff that was hot news two weeks ago, then expect you to answer the same question for the thousandth time because today for some reason the issue is of immense interest to them.

Merci bien pour votre patience infinie.
    Red Kilo
    Doomheim
    #18 - 2012-03-26 11:31:44 UTC
    MotherMoon wrote:
    exigo veritas wrote:

I am not happy.

they should 10% refund the sp... then let us choose if we wanted all BC skill points ourselfs. Or even if we want to stop flying BCs altogether. How much could that really hurt the game in the long run, come on.

I support the change, but I also think a change like this should come with a full SP refund.
    Lexmana
    #19 - 2012-03-26 11:53:25 UTC
    CCP Ytterbium wrote:
    There are two conditions needed before we split the Destroyers and Battlecruisers skill in four:

• We need to overhaul destroyer and battlecruiser ships themselves. Cutting your ability to fly those ships by four without taking care of the underpowered hulls is a no go, because that would mean new players going for one racial line would have a hard time having valid options in these two classes.

So no, to my knowledge skill changes are not coming in April; what we are most likely going to start with is to have a look at the tech 1 frigates and cruisers, then move up as time passes, but nothing is fixed yet.

We will do our best to let you know in advance if the skill changes are due for a specific release.

Thank you. That was good news (and bad news too since i burned my remap) and we can all relax now. I need to figure out a new skill plan for the year though.
    Nova Fox
    Novafox Shipyards
    #20 - 2012-03-26 15:26:48 UTC
    So when are we expecting the new destroyers?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

123Next pageLast page