These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If you play a high sec game, be afraid, be very afraid

First post
Author
ivar R'dhak
Deus est Mechanicus
#41 - 2012-03-26 08:45:33 UTC
Too much "sky-is-falling" in OP.

Bottom line of that interview: Soundwave played some UO, got scared called up his aunty to move to bell-air. P

With the coming Drone region bounties they simply NEED to nerf all other bounties, simple as that.

I´d much more liked it if at least the low-sec bounties would stay the same as an incentive, but I think bounty nerfing isn´t done by a long run. What?
Sadly, as it´s completely the wrong route IMHO. We need more isk SINKS not less faucets, although those too.
But balanced much more carefully. 10% is a good compromise for now.

What´s REALLY getting my goat is that TECH isn´t nerfed AT ALL! Evil

Well CCP is done with ignoring EVE Space for sure. Guess be careful what you wish for, eh? Lol
Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#42 - 2012-03-26 08:50:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Xearal
As nobody asked.. Your Stuffs, I can haz?

Anyway.. I´m an industrialist, and I´m not worried, it´s called adapting. Don´t be afraid of the big bad null-sec boogeyman, don´t be afraid of the scary no-concord low sec zones, if you want more advice, when you log back into eve, have it play the intro movie again, it has some really important wisdom that counts in eve in there.

Your ability to be successful is based on your ability to be bold, dare to be bold, pilot.

Edit: Ivar, they ARE nerfing moongoo atm machines. The nerf isn´t a direct nerf though, it´s a very good roundabout way of nerfing it, called Ring Mining, there will be mineable moongoo minerals in the (near?) future.

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Arcathra
Technodyne Ltd.
#43 - 2012-03-26 08:56:31 UTC
Vince Snetterton wrote:
If you play a high sec game and have not seen this interview, watch it, and then make plans of moving out of high sec, or quitting the game.

Instead of adapt or die, I will be considering adapt or quit

http://www.tentonhammer.com/eve-online/interviews/inferno-part-one

What Soundwave is saying is pretty much further expounding on everything that came out of Fanfest

Highlights of what he says in the interview

Datacores: If you are smart, you will cash out before Inferno. Soundwave says those words between 8:30 of the interview. He believes the datacore system is "terribly abused". Those are his words. BTW, there will be an ISK charge to get your datacores from an agent

High sec Incursions: Some kind of nerf. This has been done to death in a ton of threads, no need for comments

ALL NPC bounties: At 13:45 to 15:00, a nerf of a suggested 10% across the board, all regions. Soundwave called this the "emergency button" button. Of course, at 12:50 of the interview that 10-15% of all NPC kills came out of Drone Regions. I doubt it will be a one to one ratio, but if they nerf all NPC income by 10%, yet Drones start having bounties, will not that be a wash for null sec income, but a high sec income nerf

Mining: No direct comment on high sec mining, but it will be better as low end mins prices rise, assuming null sec mining does not crank up. Soundwave at 11:35 says 40% of the high end minerals come from the null regions. That means nothing to high sec miners, but will kill high sec industrialists who rely on their high end mins from null sec being sold in high sec

High sec transaction taxes: At 13:28, he says empitransaction cost going up, because they want to reign in the economy. This has the biggest impact of course on the high sec players

Soundwave thinks that the economy is approaching a place that is "not healthy". He has started playing Ultima Online again and he does not want the Eve economy to reach the point that Ultima's is in

Soundwave makes it clear that he wants to shake Eve to its foundations. He says, and once again a quote " I kind of hope things go terribly wrong" at 8:02 of interview. I understand he does not want to design a game for specific results (his words), but many of the changes are going to trash high sec industrial chars specifically

Guess the null sec power blocs are getting want they want
Even though the power blocs are losing direct control of moon goo, the wealth of that moon goo is staying in null sec
The high sec players are getting shafted as the overall potential wealth generation in high sec is lowered

This is of course what many of the null sec zealots have wanted for quite some time

I have done my time in null sec and wh's. I will not be choosing that option of joining a low sec/ null sec/ wh corp if my income gets squeezed as badly as I forsee. I will be choosing the remaining option of quitting

And what of those points exactly should make me afraid?

Datacores are no big deal. I think Soundwave talked at the Fanfest about some other sources for them, don't remember exactly what it was...

The incursion "nerf" was expected and I think it is okay. Not everyone in High-Sec is doing incursions for a living and people survived before they were introduced.

Bounty reduction? Great. I always thought that those bounties where way too high. But you do realise that this will have an impact to the precious anomalies in 0.0 too? Guess who will be whining more about this... (Hint: anomaly "nerf").

Mining... I also don't see any problem here. So 40% of high-end minerals come from 0.0? How surprising. I can get my high-end minerals today, why shouldn't I get them tomorrow? Have you seen the new Ring Mining idea by CCP that was introduced by Soundwave?

Transaction tax. Yeah, and now what? I don't see that they plan to increase them massivly. There has to be some additional ISK sink and some % more doesn't hurt anyone.

So, tell me again of what I should be afraid exactly? I don't see any gamebreaking things happining to high-sec after reading your points.
Luh Windan
green fish hat bang bang
#44 - 2012-03-26 08:56:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Luh Windan
You have to feel for CCP - on one hand there a people screaming for everything to be nerfed because the economy is in made inflation etc. and on the other there are a whole ton of people who will be screaming and rage quiting if they change *anything*

To the OP - all the drama about null and end of the world really doesn't help get your point across. Now I live in null I can't help finding highsec'ers nonsense about null hilarious. You do realise that these aren't super politicians deviously manipulating the world? - quite frankly null politics is like listening to my small children bickering half the time.

The only new piece of information here is that CCP think that the economy needs reigning in - and so yes we are going to see some big changes I image. Isk will be harder to earn all over eve and I have no doubt that some of the lovely shinies we are all happily flying will suddenly seem really expensive but it will not be the end of the world - because changing the economy means big changes all over - there will be a new reality with industry and other things adapting and changing and not just the same one where we are all poorer.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2012-03-26 08:59:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
yeah some highsec guys realize that EVE's PVE is boring and sucks and is grindy and that the only real entertainment value one gets from it is by overcoming adversity created by other players. but highsec's risk/reward aspect is so screwed up that one has to deliberately gimp themselves to put themselves in any of that entertaining adversity, reaching the point where 'living in null/low' is considered a 'deliberate gimp'

others just have some sort of pavlovian response to a wallet blink and get defensive
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#46 - 2012-03-26 09:00:26 UTC
fixing the broken risk/reward balance is bad?

lol

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Endeavour Starfleet
#47 - 2012-03-26 09:04:16 UTC
I don't believe CCP is dumb enough to stomp on hisec players that hard. Especially after the many nerfs the players have already experienced

However I will say this much tho

I know how to live in nullsec. I know how to avoid camps. Make funds. PVP, Use intel, do corp tasks and even some corp admin work at an early part of my experience in the game. I have lost a single destroyer to AFK cloakers and a few low end ships to roamers while my corpmates lost navy battleships

By all intents and purposes I should be good to go when it comes to Nullsec right? I should be happy as a clam and rolling in the fun

I left nullsec..

I left it because it is a load of dog crap that rewards good ole boys and large alliances over small dedicated ones. Where asking for invasive Full API keys is now normal due to absurdly broken corp and POS mechanics. Where new players get shunned as potential spies due to said mechanics. Where FCs feel free to call kitchen sink CTAs and say "Don't like mah CTA? GTFO of Corp or log off" Where corps feel free to say "Don't report blue bots" Where major RMT operations run. Where lazy ass renters gather and never bother to read on the future of EVE much less care

And to be frank CCP It looks like you have barely just stated on this mountain of crap. Corp and POS fixes in 2013? They should have been planned with Inferno instead of shiny new (and will be abused) wardec system. Nothing about AFK cloaking?

I am not going back to nullsec until it is fixed. And yes that means I will sooner quit EVE after hisec sledgehammer nerfs hit than go back to null not having fun. The threat of members going back to hisec content is about the only thing keeping member abuse in check and once that is gone I will have better things to do than support a broken game by that point.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#48 - 2012-03-26 09:09:37 UTC
"my corp wasn't happy with me doing nothing but ratting a bloo bloo bloo"

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2012-03-26 09:10:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
tl;dr - endeavor starfleet once joined some crappy nullsec renters because they're the only ones that would take in his equally worthless main before getting run back to highsec because it was full of quitters just like him who gave up at the first sign of adversity

lol full api key to rent space, where does he think of this ****?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2012-03-26 09:11:30 UTC
"nerf nullsec there's too much isk coming in from bounties even though the average anom runner won't pull more than 60m ISK/hour, incursions aren't a problem i'm only pulling 100m/hour with the protection of instakill scripts"

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#51 - 2012-03-26 09:12:06 UTC
BOTS

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#52 - 2012-03-26 09:12:42 UTC
there's too many bots in nullsec! all of them are there nobody bots in highsec they just run their missions very enthusiastically

Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#53 - 2012-03-26 09:13:02 UTC
I see this differently. The days of catering to Goons and null alliances are going to come to an end. It's not in the longterm commercial interest of CCP to promote a game where player on player scams and disrespect are the norm. Kill NPCs until you're blue in the face, but stuff like the Mittani hassling another player towards a suicide are bad for business, regardless of where people fall on the morality of the whole thing.

If you're playing Eve today and you're not on board with the future, which is WiS, Avatars, paid customization and more hisec consensual content (FW, War Decs, etc) then your days are probably somewhat numbered, because it is a lot more work for CCP to cater to the 8 or 10 year old player than it is to cater to the one week old newbie.

I am not saying I agree with any of this, but if I am running CCP like a business, I kiss Mittani ass today, and figure out a way to get out of this devil's bargain with certain nullsec powerblocks in the future.

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#54 - 2012-03-26 09:13:59 UTC
Did you guys know its really easy to "ninja rat" in null sec? and you don't need to be in a coalition?
that doing missions in low sec is very safe, specially if you find a low populated low sec system... just have scanner open if someone enters the system and scan for probes (it also gives better bounty/lp reward, and if the mission sends you to next door systems you can choose to reject them if your worried, or have an alt to scout :) (or use a ship thats agile enough to gate crash or warp before most ships can catch it (fit a cloak and do cloaky mwd warp trick)

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2012-03-26 09:15:26 UTC
Chokichi Ozuwara wrote:
If you're playing Eve today and you're not on board with the future, which is WiS, Avatars, paid customization and more hisec consensual content (FW, War Decs, etc) then your days are probably somewhat numbered, because it is a lot more work for CCP to cater to the 8 or 10 year old player than it is to cater to the one week old newbie..

hahahahahaha
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2012-03-26 09:19:40 UTC
also nullsec anomaly running is way too safe and there's too little risk because of BUBBLES AND LOCAL nobody ever loses ratting ships in nullsec, hisec incursions are the riskiest pve in the game because one time i heard from some dude in my vanguard fleet that his corpmate lost his nightmare when one of the logis lost his connection

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2012-03-26 09:23:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
Andski wrote:
also nullsec anomaly running is way too safe and there's too little risk because of BUBBLES AND LOCAL nobody ever loses ratting ships in nullsec, hisec incursions are the riskiest pve in the game because one time i heard from some dude in my vanguard fleet that his corpmate lost his nightmare when one of the logis lost his connection

your leader lets you rat in your space? ours just yells at us to use Incursion alts because they're both more profitable and safer, then jump clone back to fight for space

truly the rewards of nullsec space vs incursions is balanced indeed
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#58 - 2012-03-26 09:24:11 UTC
Chokichi,

people who live outside hisec don't need to be catered for. Give us balanced income in regards to hisec, give us working mechanics and we will cater to ourselves forever. This is the essence of sandbox, an environment that rewards those are willing to put in the effort, dedication and creativity to make things happen for themselves- victory over other players, not over NPC AI.

It's the hisec instant gratification, spoiled "givemenow" kids who demand new content to be created for them, more candies and more shinies. Catering to this crowd is developer-intensive, against CCP's own vision and a route that would make this less of a sandbox, more of just another themepark, where amusements amuse only that short while when they are new and shiny.

Ocih
Space Mermaids
#59 - 2012-03-26 09:27:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ocih
CTA tax was 100% and we had CTA tax pretty much every time I logged in so that was never really a debate for me.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2012-03-26 09:29:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
Ocih wrote:

CTA tax was 100% and we had CTA tax pretty much every time I logged in so that was never really a debate for me.

that's when you undock in the hulk because they can't tax ore and if anyone talks to you you say you have 'wife aggro'