These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

question about faction crystals

Author
Tayuya
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-03-26 05:55:13 UTC
say if you have multiple sets of faction multifrequency crystals incase one set dies. but if you are swaping between different types how does the game decide exactly what ones to equip. is it going to be random? so will i just end up having a bunch of unevenly damage crystals?
Mona X
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-03-26 06:12:47 UTC
1. Don't use multiple sets. Either die before one set is finished or trash them before it happens.
2. When you choose, you have option to swap for used or un-used.
3. You're gonna end up with unevenly damaged crystals anyway.

I need new signature.

Destoya
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2012-03-26 06:34:12 UTC
Using multiple sets is fine, as long as you bring enough spares (2 loads is more than enough unless you have some crazily bad luck)

I have something like 500 used crystals in a can that I carry with me, trashing all of them would be a massive waste of isk, you just have to keep in mind that some of them will burn out faster than the others and compensate for that by bringing plenty of extras
Crellion
Mango Boys
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#4 - 2012-03-26 07:39:07 UTC
Not necessary in any form or manner but it would be economical to allow people (in a station) to fuse used crystals to produce new ones of the same type with say 90% of the total charge of the used ones (i.e. 11 half used ones disappear and 5 brand new ones appear).

This might however hurt the sales of crystalls so I would tread with extreme care...
Tayuya
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-03-26 08:42:16 UTC
if your weapons are all grouped into 1 button do all the crystals in that weapon group wear at the same speed or different?
Sphit Ker
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-03-26 09:15:44 UTC
The wear is random on all crystals, grouped or not. Generally quite even, tho.

Just stuff your spare sets into a small container in your cargo hold. Take 'em out only when needed.

If wear really bothers you, trash the rest of the set once one of the crystal has shattered. One pops? New set!

It knows what you think.

Tayuya
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-03-26 11:09:47 UTC
is there any way to see the health of the crystals in the info. i have right click and show i nfo on the individual crystals in my cargo but cant find anything related to its time left.
Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#8 - 2012-03-26 22:36:40 UTC
There should be a category for HP remaining if you show info on the charge itself. Compare to total HP (which, IIRC, is 1) to see how dead it is. I havn't bothered using them in a while though so I don't remember exactly where it was.
Buzzmong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-03-26 23:28:49 UTC
Ines Tegator wrote:
There should be a category for HP remaining if you show info on the charge itself. Compare to total HP (which, IIRC, is 1) to see how dead it is. I havn't bothered using them in a while though so I don't remember exactly where it was.

Only shows up in space oddly enough.

Either by being loaded in the gun and direct from the UI with a mouseover, OR by the fitting window (mouse over, or show info on loaded charge).

CCP still haven't implemented a way to just right click and see damage from any screen/state, even though as it is tracked each object must be unique anyway (therefore be queried for its own ID in the DB).
drdxie
#10 - 2012-03-27 00:41:14 UTC
Not sure what ship you in, but I put a small secure container in my hold and put the unused ones in there and only move them to my cargo hold as needed. I am also assuming you talking PVE, for PVP, no need to carry spares. For PVP I will carry 1 faction set 1,1 x T2 set and 2 x T1. 1 x So Navy Multi, 1 x scorch ( is using pulse) , 1 x multifreq and 1 x standard.

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-03-27 00:51:48 UTC
why would you want to trash crystals? Ugh

I should buy an Ishtar.